• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 Texas Hill Country 500 - Nov 2-4, 2018

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Well you guys are still on the trail today, but I wanted to take a moment to say a huge thank you to two guys who I can’t remember their names now who showed up in J.C. about 9:00am and made mistake to ask if I needed any help, boy did I put them to work. Then a special thanks to Elio (spelling?) who provided so much help both setting up Friday but outdid himself on Saturday morning helping to pick up and put up. Couldn’t have done it without you and many others that helped throughout the event!

If you are returning to J.C. to get your vehicle or who may have left some gear behind. I put a combination lock on barn 2 so you can get your stuff even though we are not there to greet you. Please call or text me to get the combo, I already gave it to a couple of guys.

To the guy with the camo jacket in the new barn, I moved it to the old bar with the combination lock, just reach out to me and I will get you in. My cell is 512. Four zero six 1796

Thank you one and all for attending, this was our first ever event of this scale and I will make a few improvements for next year. Hope everyone had fun and returns safe

Lastly, there are some tires on the covered area, please feel free to take any you would like.

Sincerely, Mike and Mary!

Well you guys are still on the trail today, but I wanted to take a moment to say a huge thank you to two guys who I can’t remember their names now who showed up in J.C. about 9:00am and made mistake to ask if I needed any help, boy did I put them to work. Then a special thanks to Elio (spelling?) who provided so much help both setting up Friday but outdid himself on Saturday morning helping to pick up and put up. Couldn’t have done it without you and many others that helped throughout the event!

If you are returning to J.C. to get your vehicle or who may have left some gear behind. I put a combination lock on barn 2 so you can get your stuff even though we are not there to greet you. Please call or text me to get the combo, I already gave it to a couple of guys.

To the guy with the camo jacket in the new barn, I moved it to the old bar with the combination lock, just reach out to me and I will get you in. My cell is 512. Four zero six 1796

Thank you one and all for attending, this was our first ever event of this scale and I will make a few improvements for next year. Hope everyone had fun and returns safe

Lastly, there are some tires on the covered area, please feel free to take any you would like.

Sincerely, Mike and Mary!
Thanks out to you and Mary.

Karl

Back where it all started. Thanks Mike and Mary for putting up with us, thanks to Richard for the route, and putting it all together.
abb90d6fa949de50000e05b4db8582d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Amen to that.Till nxt time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike for the excellent hospitality! I think everyone feels the same and we all had a great time even with a few minor injuries. Look forward to it all again next year.

Lynn
833394df85bf4e49634471d63525ac3c.jpg
1122b0fba08b2cb109968f439024e196.jpg
c8e08f3341abab9e7ae59ead198df53a.jpg
91a3ad51660ed7b6e004cc0267ac9bd8.jpg
e7df180ac2422724ae362702cce04674.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mike and Mary. Thanks so much. I had a great time at your place and the Hill Country 500 was an outstanding experience.

For those that don't know me I am Ron the guy with the Ducati and the one flying the Drone around. I got some great video of the meet up in Johnson City and some of the riding. I will share with anyone that has Google Drive. I would like any pictures or video of the event please. I have Google Drive, One Drive and iCloud so if you have any please pm and I will give you the account info to share with. I will put together a 3 to 4 minute video with the stills and video as a kind of promo of the event. So please share your images and videos.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

I meant to post this, this morning, but I just found it sitting here open on my computer. I musta forgot to hit send. This should probably go in ride reports, but I wasn't sure which subforum to put it in so a mod can move it as desired.

I didn't ride the 500 but my wife and I did go down and enjoy Mike's hospitality and his very fine ranch Friday night. I didn't get a chance to meet him, when I went looking to say thanks, he'd disappeared into the darkness somewhere and no one seemed to know where, but please know Mike that I enjoyed the experience a great deal. We ate some very good BBQ, the potato salad and sausage were particularly good and visited with tgtumbleweed (Ken), Fossil (Roland) and the Little General (Robert), as well as some others.

We Rode home using some of the nicer roads available and wound up doing just over 521 miles total for the 2 days.

Good times. Thanks to all that had a hand in putting it together including the web master that makes it possible.

Made it home safe and tired and very happy
Thank you every body great time great ride
Gina and KEN great ride thank you so much. Great job leading our group.
Excellent new friends thank you everybody in our group.
And again Mike and Mary
You hit it out of the park thanks a million
For making this rides memorable.
And every body that help in one way or other.
Big thanks.
I had a great time. Let’s do it all over again next week [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] hahaha!!!!

Had a great time and met some nice people. Kind of lost my group this morning and seems most went home. But it was a great Saturday. Look forward to next year

Thanks everyone. It was a great weekend.
T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So good to put face to name jorge ...Well said ...x2

Mike, hope we didn't destroy too much. Maybe we will have the theater next year :thumb:

Last edited:
To the couple from South Africa. I am sorry I didn't get your contact info. I rode with your Saturday the guy on the Ducati. Please private message me. Would love to ride with you in the near future.

View attachment 46051

That reminds me, I spoke to a game warden at the low water crossing on CR308 on Sunday, and he wanted me to tell everyone that going around barricades that are up due to high water is an arrest, not a ticket. At least in Llano county. Ride safe, ride smart. He then proceeded to talk bikes with us :)

That reminds me, I spoke to a game warden at the low water crossing on CR308 on Sunday, and he wanted me to tell everyone that going around barricades that are up due to high water is an arrest, not a ticket. At least in Llano county. Ride safe, ride smart. He then proceeded to talk bikes with us :)

Well, it's a good thing we all turned around!

By the way, to all that were able to ride my trials bike Friday, I wanted to let you know when I was putting it away the other day, it told me it may need some therapy after all the abuse it took. It has no clue what it did wrong to be so mistreated by so many (you know who you are) LOL

Thank goodness they are designed to be abused :)

I had a fantastic time.
Thanks Mike and Mary you all are the best. Beautiful ranch, great food, good friends.
Who could ask for more.
Thanks to Thomas for leading Saturday and thanks to Richard for leading Sunday.
Beats any roads in Houston hands down.
Ride safe.

Oops [emoji51]!! Don’t give him my name
I’m out the country. Pronto

I had a fantastic time.
Thanks Mike and Mary you all are the best. Beautiful ranch, great food, good friends.
Who could ask for more.
Thanks to Thomas for leading Saturday and thanks to Richard for leading Sunday.
Beats any roads in Houston hands down.
Ride safe.

Thomas mentioned to me Saturday night what a great group we had. It was a bonus having you and Keith on the DS bikes to run back and check on the group when we got separated. And its always a pleasure to ride with you guys.

There were two guys in our group that did most of the leading on Saturday. They trailered in on Friday, early. I believe they are the two Mike spoke of, that helped with some set-up. I was the noob on there Tenera.

If you have time, PM me please..

Karl

Back