• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saturday Ride

thumper

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
tim
It was too nice of a day not to be riding. Everyone else was either hunting or working. So it would be a solo day.

Greens Bayou

HPIM0330.jpg

HPIM0347.jpg

Rode over to an old track in the woods. There weren't that many people riding it. So I decided I'd play around with my clickers. I tried a variety of settings to see how my new DRZ would respond.

HPIM0325.jpg

Lots of kids. This little guy was determined to burn off some fuel.

03210361.jpg

Some dads coaching on the kids track.

03570362.jpg

I met a few riders. One guy was cooking and invited me for lunch. After he was finished feeding everyone, he rolled out on the big track. Looks a truly deceiving, this guy was fast.

03340338.jpg

He was smoking everyone. Including these guys, who were holding their own. The track is about 1.5 mi. First lap the big guy had 'em by a 1/2 mi.

03260344.jpg

Said thanks for the grub and back out to the trails.

HPIM0350.jpg

03260344.jpg

The water was about 20' deep here during the last big rain.

HPIM0349.jpg

Stopped off by the drags. This Chevy Luv was really fast.

HPIM0335.jpg

My favorite was this '69 SS Camaro.

HPIM0336.jpg

Back to the trails.

HPIM0353.jpg

03120345-1.jpg

Knocked some mud off on the way home.

02830300.jpg

Like I said, it was a great day:sun:

Great pics, Tim. Looks like you are having fun with that new bike.

You need to show Bryan and I this riding location. I have never seen it before.

Steve

Desmo said:
Great pics, Tim. Looks like you are having fun with that new bike.

You need to show Bryan and I this riding location. I have never seen it before.

Steve

Hey Steve, good to hear from you! Most of these pics are taken at N. Lake Hou. Prkwy and Greens Bayou. The track use to be a popular racepark years ago. I've forgotten what the name was. The guy that owns it doesn't advertise, but it's open to the public for practice.

This whole area has many networks of trails but a word of CAUTION to all. You have to know where your going especially during hunting season. You don't wanna roll up on some outlaw hunters. Most of the land is Harris Co. Flood Control, but some of it is privately owned and hunted. I've ridden this area for years and never had any problems. Just have to watch for any new activity.:eek2: Give me a shout and we can do a little Urban DSing:lol2:

Cool pictures I saw in the photo feed. I wonder if this place is still there in Humble?

Cool pictures I saw in the photo feed. I wonder if this place is still there in Humble?
That should be Rio Bravo on East Mt Houston rd, just inside the Beltway. I believe it is members now but not sure. Give them a call.

That should be Rio Bravo on East Mt Houston rd, just inside the Beltway. I believe it is members now but not sure. Give them a call.
Correct. The tracks shown in photos are Rio Bravo property. Pay to ride with or without membership, just cheaper with. The bayou trails are not Rio but easiest access is through Rio property. Rio has some of their own trails but very limited. Their natural terrain old school mx track is the best around. Lots of cool history out there.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Haven't been to Rio Bravo in 40 years. Seems like it would be a housing subdivision by now. Is there much ou that way now. One of the worst traffic jams I have ever been in was at a international MX in about 1975. It was like Woodstock:)

Haven't been to Rio Bravo in 40 years. Seems like it would be a housing subdivision by now. Is there much ou that way now. One of the worst traffic jams I have ever been in was at a international MX in about 1975. It was like Woodstock:)
Probably because that area floods easy is saving us.

Probably because that area floods easy is saving us.
I know I was there in 75. RB had a cool step up jump that kicked my rear at least once a Moto. I decided the SHNF was more my cup of tea.
Does anyone remember a TRH rider named CA Roberts? He was the king when I was a kid in Houston.

Nope,...just remember his cotton jersey that he wore over his JOFA pads that said C A Roberts. Was on a husky...this was off road,... TRH. Another guy was named Mike Bartay...lived on my street and got me into riding and racing. Used to live in College Station last I heard.

Wow I love Rio. Now the photos make more since. Sorry to hear about Thumper.

Back