• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Reflex Sport 250

Reaction score
Well I figure I could contribute a little on this forum with a review (and sometimes wish I had found this forum prior to buying what I bought) on a Honda Reflex 250 Scooter

Scooter are real popular, easy, peasy, low maintenance, no shifting involved, fun for a commute and with full fairing on the front, its pretty warm behind the steering of one..

The Honda reflex is a 249 CVT type designed engine, (twist the gas and go!), its runs great, at 337 pds its light, 20mph crosswinds can be a pain. It runs all day long @ dialed 70MPH but in fact your only doing 63mph, its has a generous above >40MPH speed indication of at least 8-12%.

I have had mine since 04-06, and I have driven 13,000 miles, 80% on highways to head to work everyday. it hums away on the highway, and the 12" rear and 13" front wheels do a great little job, I am 5'8" tall, weight 180pds and I change the rear every 8,000 miles so far, and 12,000 on the front, the problem is lack of choices on tires, not many american corps carry 110-90/13 and 130-70/12 tires anymore. (burgman uses 14/15 tires and silverwing 600cc use 14/15, aprilia has 16" wheels) which I find a negative on this scooter.

Suggested mods : change the lower speed rollers for Massoli rollers to make it go faster in the 30-50mph (Epa CA emission have these in there to make the scooter quieter and consume less gas by reducing rpm to 4500-5000 when power band is at 5500-7000 rpm).

Important :if you are to travel more than 5 miles on the highways, get a Silverwing 600cc, a burgman 400/650cc or yamaha Majesty 400., the reflex is just not "strong" enough for lots of highway travel.

Lastly the one thing I like a lot on the honda reflex is the tailight, generous in size, I have found that car tend to not tailgate me on the road as closely has I have seen them do it with other regular motorcycles, maybe its the lights (grin) or they are confused on what they are following :)

here are a couple of pictures of a honda reflex sport 2005 (yes mine).

S5000170.JPG

S5000173.JPG

S5000165.JPG

That looks like a fun ride!!!

What kind of MPG do you get? What is the range on a tank of gas?

Good job on the write up!

3 gals gets you about 260Miles @ 60mpg driving 70mph most of the time. added a picture of the rear end (I saw I mentioned the tailights...)

i get like 60mpg or so 178 miles per tankful.. mostly city and very little highway... i just got mine and ran through my first rain.. slowed down and hit the first exit... having a great time with it..

Does the Reflex have the same seat as the Silver Wing? Replies appreciated.

:sun:Hi I am Steve, I have a Honda Reflex too, and I love it.
I am getting ready to put in a sterio system on it in the spring.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 565
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 487
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 383
Back