• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Houston Rider down - find hit and run driver from 290/610 accident

Reaction score
First Name
Patricia
There was a bad accident on the 290/610 interchange mess here in Houston. This is a bad intersection mess as it is and every time I see a rider go through there, I hold my breath. Three bikes having to slow down due to traffic were rear ended by a fast-driving car.

The riders were hit by a black Acura, around 9:30 - 10 pm, Wednesday night, 12/6/06 and the car has severe frontend damage, barely able to move. The driver fled the seen of the accident in the severely damaged vehicle.

You can read more on this thread as the Dad of one of the poster's is involved and in critical condition.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?p=411629#post411629

If you have any info on the driver of the vehicle, please inform the authorities or you may also contact the phone number given in the first post.

Well, however it happened, I hope Vandal's dad pulls through. This sort of situation is exactly why I avoid riding in town.

Nothing in the news report about the mysterious black Acura.:ponder:

wonder91178 said:
I love how they let the riders explain what happened and then just go ahead and not believe them anyway :roll:
If you hit someone in the rear while driving or riding you are at fault in Texas.

I hope they are OK.

Sounds like two unrelated incidents? The news story talks about riders saying they were cut off and the injuries not being serious. The other source saying that they were rear ended and one indivdual had a broken neck and internal injuries.

Whichever whatever, prayers go out to the wounded and their families. 610 is not a good place to be on a bike - dangerous speed differentials and crazy merges - especially in the 610 / I10 / 290 fiasco.

Dave.

Yeah 610 was dangerous back in the 70's when I rode on it, gotta be a circus these days.

Nobody in the group thought to get the cars license plate as it limped off?

Trailace said:
If you hit someone in the rear while driving or riding you are at fault in Texas.

I hope they are OK.

Oh, that I am fully aware of. I just thought it was funny that the police said the riders said they got cut off and then they went ahead and assumed they were probably speeding and not paying attention.

Looks like they are trying to get the story straightened out with the news. either way, I hope the guy pulls through. The son says the rider is an ex AMA racer?

Unfortunately, Jesse Daniel passed away this afternoon. He had started doing better, then his condition worsened quickly.

As of yesterday, they were saying that his neck wasn't broken (as initially diagnosed) and they were taking him off the ventilator and starting to reduce paralysis meds.

RIP

I'm very sorry to hear about the death of Jesse Daniel.

Reading the post on motohouston it sounds like he rear-ended another vehicle (not someone hitting him) and that was it.

Back