• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V-Strom Tech Day in Arlington 2/17/07

DFW_Warrior said:
Wow, I just downloaded the pics from my camera. I don't know who all was taking pictures with it, but you guys did a good job.:clap:

And I even put the safety strap on my wrist! :mrgreen:

I saw a few people taking your digicam off the shelf and snapping away. Should be a very interesting mix.

Just be glad Rainmaker wasn't there... If you leave a camera out around him you get some pix you DON'T want to see! :eek2:

Squeaky said:
Just be glad Rainmaker wasn't there... If you leave a camera out around him you get some pix you DON'T want to see! :eek2:

Must be a guy thing :trust:

Hey All,

Got back late last night and didn't get a chance to post up - too busy grading tests.

My main thoughts about this tech day can be summed up in two words: AMAZING PEOPLE.

I've never been around such caring and generous people. Bill, thanks so much for basically saving everyone like $3000 in labor. What an awesome awesome day. :clap:

About the mirror, it was definitely unexpected and could've been prevented. However, I was so glad that we all could laugh about it and there wasn't too much tension. These situations oftentimes bring out the worst in people, and I definitely am glad that I myself was able to relax and not take it too seriously. Thanks Chris for being so professional and carefree about the incident. Class act. :thumb:

The mirror incident didn't affect me too much (please see attached pic of the next day's outing. :mrgreen:) and I'm so glad that I made it out to meet everyone. Thank you Elzi for being patient with me meeting up and getting us lost! Thanks Bill for twisty-tying my backpack, that was very considerate of you. Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. Look forward to meeting up again soon with you all...

Andrew

PS. Bill, Melanie, and Chris (Sprint ST), let's ride and go for Pho!
PS. I'll see you DancesWithMirrors at the next MSR track day!

Attachments

• Lakeside.jpg
    Lakeside.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 169
Drew, I think we speak for all when I say we are glad you came and joined us. And we hope you do so again!

As for getting lost? It happens all the time :mrgreen: I missed the turn on the way there, fortuitously discovered a back way avoiding traffic congestion to Bill's and thus the Balance of the Ride There was maintained.

If you're up for an Adventure, join us for a day-ride to Oklahoma March 3rd. (weekend ride adventure for me) Several of us going from around here. Our host will be Capt'n Russ, The Grip Heater and Fuse Box God.
If he survived his trip to The Big Bend.
:sun:

BTW, awesome photo. Looks like fun.:trust:

Looks and sounds like you folks had a great time! Wish I could of been there...

busarider1 said:
Looks and sounds like you folks had a great time! Wish I could of been there...
Good to see that Russ is alive & Kicking - we expect a report O'Great One... ;-)

flb_78 said:
did Bilwe wear any safety glasses around the flying shards of superheated metal?

Yes, Biwwy was wearing a welding helmet for most of it (and a pretty cool one with a flag and eagle on it). I caught him doing a few quick tack welds with his head to the side, though...

Squeaky said:
Yes, Biwwy was wearing a welding helmet for most of it (and a pretty cool one with a flag and eagle on it). I caught him doing a few quick tack welds with his head to the side, though...
:shame:

I still haven't seen any pictures of the oil misting incident :scratch:

Tourmeister said:
I still haven't seen any pictures of the oil misting incident :scratch:

I prefer to call it the spontaneous atomization of viscous liquids. :mrgreen:

txmedic said:
You best fess up Olive Oyl. :-P

Well, I'm hoping everyone sends me (or posts up) enough pics of the weekend events that I can piece together a REAL trip report rather than spoling it with all these giveaways...

But just for you - I got laughed at for using a K&N oil filter with store-brand 10W 40 oil. Just to get back at them, I felt like sharing... yeah, that sounds about right...

DancesWithCurves said:
Ahem, store-brand 10W40 *car* oil.

Hey, a motor is a motor. It's coming out in ~3k anyway!
(And besides, I consider my Strom to be part of the tractor category anyway)

Squeaky said:
Well, I'm hoping everyone sends me (or posts up) enough pics of the weekend events that I can piece together a REAL trip report rather than spoling it with all these giveaways...
I'll get to posting them in a day or so. I'm a bit tied up in the lab for several days. :(

DancesWithCurves said:
Ahem, store-brand 10W40 *car* oil.

yea, and I have been running motorcycles for 20+ years (including ONE motorcycle for 20 years) on car oil, without the engine ever coming apart for internal work, with over 100k miles on an aircooled motor. Castrol GTX 20w-50 is the usual stuff...

Howard

Oil is oil. Change it often, and you'll be fine. Synthetic is good, just because it extends the service intervals somewhat, but other than that I really don't feel that it's any better.

Pictures!!!!!! Just click for the larger picture.

Pre-Tech Day tool photo.

Chuck brought his tools over the night before so they'd be ready.

Bikes lined up ready to be worked on.

Pretty...... for now.:trust:

Rebecca didn't waste any time at all tearing into her bike.

The "Chain Gang"

Chris and Drew just soaking it all in.

Hmmmmm, I guess the chicken was good after all.:eat:

Elzi picking up some chain tips and tricks.

I guess no one has seen tire changing before. It was a crowd favorite.

Someone changing out the now famous chain!!!

I wonder who's this one is?:eek2:

Drew, how can you be a college teacher when you look like you just got out of high school?:lol2:

Chris (stinky) seems to just have the knack for getting the good pictures.

I'm pretty sure this was before the incident. Yep, no one was bloody yet.

Uh oh.....

This actually happened the day after tech day, but it was close to the date so I threw it in there. It's Chris using his "little" wrench to get the nut off of his single sided swing arm. I now have that wrench proudly hanging in my garage.

Squeaky said:
with store-brand 10W 40 oil.
I believe I still have some of that on the left cowl, at least the turn signal and mirror... :-(

I'll fess up to the missing axle spacer - hey, everything went together just fine... :shrug:

As completely unflattering as those pictures are, they are hilarious so I won't make you take them down...

Back