• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Hi I fitted a Suzuki touring screen part number 990a0-30000 the screen went straight on no messing. It is 10 x better than the stock screen and no noise very pleased:thumb: the UK does not stock this screen so I had to import it, best thing I have done to bike. Also IMO looks great

I got a bargain price
http://www.everythingsuzuki.com/product.sc?categoryId=78&productId=775

Looks very nice! So it went on with no fitment problems ? Have you noticed any more vibration coming from the screen since it is taller ?

how anyone can tell a quiet screen from a noisy one is beyond me.
its my helmet that makes all the noise, so i started using hearing protection.
with them, its similar to turning off the sound on the tv, one begins to notice things that were previously camoflouged by noise.
since the bandit runs up to 140 so easily, tucking in behind the screen is the best remedy for buffeting.
joe

My Bandit is the first bike I've had with any sort of screen or fairing. I replaced the stock screen with Suzuki's touring screen part number 990a0-30000, and it is better than the stock screen but still much noisier than no screen at all. The wind around the screen is redirected at about chin level on me (I'm 5'9"), and the wind going around the screen is actually moving faster than the undisturbed air a little higher up. I think as the bike moves through the air it creates a low pressure area right behind it and the wind going around it speeds up to fill that low pressure area. I can stand up on the pegs and it gets quieter and less turbulent around my helmet. I don't think a screen itself is noisier, it just depends on where it redirects the wind on the rider.

Anyway, at a given speed, my Bandit has more wind noise around my full face Shoei helmet than my other bike which has no fairing or screen.

By the way Joe, I really have enjoyed looking at the pictures you have posted of your bike and the beautiful areas you ride in. I hope to post a few images soon of some of my stomping grounds around central Texas.

CBR

An update: I've finally reached the magic number of 1500 miles and officially finished factory "break in". So I can now get past the 7500 rpm barrier. I have been impressed with how well the Bandit "pulls", practically from the ground up, but I was totally "unready" for the how fast it does it from 5K to 8K (or thereabouts-- too Impressed to look at the tach!!!). WOW!!!!!! I'm will ing to concede that this bike is a "hand full" for a rapidly aging "Geezeer"!!!! Ride on Dudes!!!!

Hey Geezeer:

One thing I noticed is that my gas mileage dropped off "significantly" after the babying break in mileage period and after the installation of a performance exhaust.

Reason? - I just love the way it pulls and sound all the way to 8000PRM in a hurry!!!!!:eek2:

I'm sure "your mileage may vary" - but not by much I would reckon! (yes, I said reckon).

Enjoy - we all do.

The bandit does have a phenominal motor...I was looking at dales dyno charts and with just a few inexpensive mods the bandit makes more torque than a stock concours 14...Even completely stock, at 2,500 rpm the bandit is making 10ft.lb's more torque than the 14 and at 3,000 rpm it's making 5ft. lbs more...With mods the difference is even larger compared to a stock 14...

It's a hellofan engine--- just a cryin' shame that it self-destructs @ 4K miles. :-):rider: :rider:
LoL! Funny thing. Happy still comes around here. Last login just a few days ago. But not a single post since last August when he and four other Bandits all blew up at the same time, with the same mileage, at the same dealer. :rofl: Now he's just an invisible troller.

That was Happy1250Owner. His last viewing on TWT was 4/19/2008 but hasn't posted since the motor scattering. I pm'd him again. Trolling or not, I'm still curious.

just changed my oil for the 4th time, and no signs of anything in it when it comes out. coming up on the first valve adj soon, i'll let you know whats inside and how it looks when i open it up. i doubt it will be more than what you can see in the shop manual.

Hello all. Thought I'd better introduce myself before I start popping off replies and stuff.

I'm from Fife in Scotland and I found this site when looking for accessories for Bandits. Been riding now for over 45 years on all kinds of Brit iron, various Japanese bikes and three Beemers (not owned a HD . . . yet!). Last couple of bikes were big tourers, which I used for doing some touring in Europe and I was really looking to ride something smaller and lighter as I approach retirement (yee ha!) . . . but not necessarily slower and I always had an eye for the Bandit. I really wanted something chuckable and light so . . .

Got a brilliant deal on a 650 SA K7 model in "fuzzy blue" which doesn't seem that popular in the States?? Iit's fast enough for me here and all the info I've gleaned from the TWT form site is still very helpful and all makes worthwhile reading. Thankyou all for that. :clap:

I've added the lower fairings and rear hugger, made by TCP in Spain (they make the plastics for Suzuki, in Europe at least) and a Vario Touring Screen which does not really seem to be much better than the stock fairing; a Scottoiler for the chain and fenda extenda; colour tape round the wheels which my mate says makes it look like a tart's handbag but I rather like it. I intend to add a gear indicator and maybe hand protectors or probably heated grips. I particularly like the additional lights and will look into that too.

I will try and add a pic along with this (but please excuse me if I don't manage it the first time).

Once again, hello from Scotland and thanks for letting me join in the TWT Forums and I look forward to participating in the future.

:thumb:

Attachments

• 650SA K7 copy.jpg
    650SA K7 copy.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 251
Scotland, eh? Golf courses and castles...

I'm surprised Old Compo hasn't sent the boys around already for that comment. Yes, castles and golf courses - that's all they have in Scotland. Nothing else to go there for at all........

Your forgot Nessie!

Joking.....

Buachaille_Etive_Mor%2C_Glencoe%2C_Scotland.gif

nice looking bike you've got there, compo. As to the fuzzy blue, i've not seen many of them stateside.. on the other hand.. my bandit is the only one i've ever seen, period. /sigh.. i need to get out more :P I'm interested in a gear indicator too.. but i dont like most of the designs i've seen. What i would really like is something like the shift-i that show's gears with led's vs the revs. I've seen products kind of like this.. but i really like that the shift-i is discreet and goes around the dials... anyone know of anything? or maybe a led gear indicator that i could remove the housing and make a new one? BTW, welcome compo :D

Attachments

• shift-i.jpg
    shift-i.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 194
nice looking bike you've got there, compo. As to the fuzzy blue, i've not seen many of them stateside.. on the other hand.. my bandit is the only one i've ever seen, period. /sigh.. i need to get out more :P I'm interested in a gear indicator too.. but i dont like most of the designs i've seen. What i would really like is something like the shift-i that show's gears with led's vs the revs. I've seen products kind of like this.. but i really like that the shift-i is discreet and goes around the dials... anyone know of anything? or maybe a led gear indicator that i could remove the housing and make a new one? BTW, welcome compo :D

Hole Shot Performance makes an LED shif indicator that looks pretty good and is made for the bandit. http://www.holeshot.com/

Got a brilliant deal on a 650 SA K7 model in "fuzzy blue" which doesn't seem that popular in the States?? Iit's fast enough for me here and all the info I've gleaned from the TWT form site is still very helpful and all makes worthwhile reading. Thankyou all for that. :clap:
:thumb:

I love the color - beautiful bike!! Welcome to the group. I painted mine Fuzzy Blue only for a moment due to some "color harrassment" from the guys.

Good to have ya. Lots of pictures expected - including Nessie like Greg said.

Hmm.. looks like the location of the evap cannister would be the best place to put the horn as it has a few mounting locations. Suzukijo, i know you've removed it and while i've done a lot of mods to my bike, nothing has been performance based and i'm a bit nervous about it. Would you be willing to help walk me through it? or is there a tutorial about it anywhere? Thanks to all

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17255&page=68

i never made a tutorial with individual pics. basically any vacuum needs to be plugged, and the vent from the tank needs to be re routed down past the centerstand. i left the sensor plugged in as taking it out left the fi light on.
i cut the fairing bracket on the right side to mimic left side. i noticed no change in running. i saved all the stuff i took off.

Back