• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NW Houston DS ride 4/28/07 Bryan Special

Reaction score
Chris started and Bryan lead. The ride and seeing you all were so nice on such a great day!

Dave, Roger, Chris, Shaun, Bryan, Steve and myself got together at Texaco on 149 & 105.
1.jpg

We took SHNF fire road from east side to west side, took back road toward Outlaw Trax, then went into Bryan special, which I had no idea where we were, but great as always.
2.jpg

As we had only 4 to 5 hours to ride, we skipped lunch and rode as much as possible. Finally took official potty break.
6.jpg

KLR has one of the largest gas tank, but Chris's has even bigger one.
3.jpg

Roger's new DRZ. Looks fast & light.
4.jpg

I put wind shield and 16T front sprocket. This was the first test on DS ride. Those worked fairly good and improve gas mileage for 10%.
5.jpg

Of course we took the jeep rd. Only "a little bit" muddy.
7.jpg

Steve's new XR with street biased DS tire. Sliding rear while going through the mud, but looking so easy with him.
8.jpg

It was so nice to meeting you all, and the ride was so great! Let's do more sometime soon!

Ken

Last edited:
Enjoyed the ride and meeting some new friends, nice pics Ken as usual. I just got home after a long day, It was a nice evening at the Astro's game which they kicked butt of course.

Here is a group shot from the ride. Sorry Dave I took the photo after you had to cut out.
(left to right) Steve(Desmo), Ken(TexasDR),Chris(Bones), Bryan(dbdolan), Roger(Rsquared), Shaun(sfeakes), and Dave(Davek2080) not pictured.

DSRun4-28-07001.jpg

I had a good time, we need to do it again.:rider:

I am going to try to free up my weekends now that I found some dirt

Hey Guys -

Sorry I had to take off. I really enjoyed meeting some new riders and seeing those I rode with before. That was a great ride. Lets do it again soon.
I'm planning on being at PO's on Telge Tuesday nite, hope some ya'll can make it.

Dave

The tanker strikes again !!

The tanker strikes again !!
I am no longer wanting to trade/sell the KLR. It will NOT have the mermites and anything else not needed next gravel/dirt ride. It's a pig enough as is.

We need to work our way over to the Brenham/ Chappel Hill area next time. I love that area with the rolling hills, I should have more time to ride next time.

Yogi, might as well order up that orange bike soon so we can ride up north.

We need to work our way over to the Brenham/ Chappel Hill area next time. I love that area with the rolling hills, I should have more time to ride next time.

I have the next two weekends open. When are we going :rider: ???

I am hoping to have plans this coming weekend, but the next I may be free. Few days notice is always a good thing

sfeakes rode a 06 525 and WOW it ripped! Followed it all day. He also has the motard rims. GET IT!

KLR for commuting trips and something like that for what we did Saturday, I'd be in HEAVEN. Oh and I almost took out my tib/fib with those mermites on. :lol:

I don't think I will be able to get free for any riding this weekend. I am going looking for a new truck.

Did your Wifey sell your truck in the garage sale?

BTW, good riding with you guys Saturday.

Steve

Not a done deal yet, they came and test drove it and they are trying to get their finances together still. Hopefully in the next couple of day's.
So did you get the wee strom?

Back