• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sliks helmet liners

chiko

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Chipko
Sliks helmet liners ---
Stops helmet hair :shock:

Ok that may be a little strong but definitely reduces it by a lot. $15 seems a little steep for a cloth on your head but it keeps you from looking like a freak when you walk into the office.

Haven't gone a long ride to find out if it

"Controls Helmet Itch" :oops:

They're OK

It stops helmet hair and it will stop the 'itch', but they are very hot in the summer. They take away all the helmet venting. I just decided to get old and lose most of the helmet hair-cooler that way! :shock:

I'm with Valker :mrgreen: Hair is an over rated thing. I trim what I have down real short every week or so. Helmet head is not an issue.

Adios,

Too funny...

I got tired of helmet head REAL quick... and well.. I saw that beard trimmer laying by the sink one day, picked it up, and started once again telling the wife I was going to cut it off. She got tired of hearing it from me and said "knock yourself out." Wasn't seeking approval, just ummm, reassurance I guess. We all wanna be loved. lol

I grew up with very long thick hair, but the years have forced me to wear it shorter and shorter. I know keep it trimmed to a #4 and have,as of late, been threatening to just remove that guide all together.. but I like to know that I still have some hair.

Mustang

P.S. Really cuts down on the shampoo costs. So there's a plus if I ever need one for a bike/money arguement. Haven't needed yet. lol

#2 for me so I won't have to mess with it as often ;-)

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
#2 for me so I won't have to mess with it as often ;-)

Adios,

I always wondered about the hairs poking their way into the linner and getting caught when the helmet shifts a bit.

I would love to try, but Stacy does not agree with the idea. And like the man says, I want a bit of love once in a while :angel:

cheers,
Tom

Beth loves it. Says it makes me even more rub-able. Who am I to argue with that!? Never had a problem with the hairs sticking in the liner. My head hair is baby soft and not stiff like beard hair, hehe.

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Beth loves it. Says it makes me even more rub-able. Who am I to argue with that!? Never had a problem with the hairs sticking in the liner. My head hair is baby soft and not stiff like beard hair, hehe.

Adios,

I emailed this thread to Stacy her answer was

no

Oh well. :shrug:

cheers,
Tom

Haha. To my suprise my better half likes it also. I initially did it to piss her off. :-)

First time I washed my hair cutting it off I used way too much shampoo.

You use shampoo? I just just Dove bar soap for me whole self ;-) Well... Crest for the teeth, hehe.

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
You use shampoo? I just just Dove bar soap for me whole self ;-) Well... Crest for the teeth, hehe.
:lol:

I'm with you Scott.. a bar of soap works just fine now. and a squeeze of whatever happens to be on the toothbrush thingy... hoping no one decides to play a joke on me and switch it for something other then toothpaste... I'm just not the morning person.

Mustang

A Slik that is soaked in cold water will keep your head cool. I always saturate mine before I do a riding session at trackday events and when I can during longer recreational rides.

:tab I do something similar. When we stop for gas, I will often dump ice in my helmet so it can melt and soak the liner. When I go to put it back on, I dump out the remaining ice. It keeps the noggin cool for quite a while. If there is an ice freezer out in front of the store and it is not locked, I might toss my jacket and helmet in there while we gas up and stand around. Only drawback is that the visor will fog up for a minute or two after I get the helmet out.

Adios,

Back