• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph's New Street Triple

Reaction score
First Name
Darci
Last Name
Escandon
StreetTriple675.jpg

Has anyone read up on these or heard any reviews? From what i have heard, it has a 675cc motor and will be priced at $8000....

Isn't she perty!!!!!!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

StreetTriple675.jpg

Has anyone read up on these or heard any reviews? From what i have heard, it has a 675cc motor and will be priced at $8000....

Isn't she perty!!!!!!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
There's a thread around here somewhere about them.
I know those things are SWEET! :drool:

if they are $8k with the dollar at $2.06 to the british pound, then they will only be about $6k if we could just get it back to $1.60 / 1 brit lb.

come on exchange rate..

Re-cammed, budget suspension, and budget brakes. Its the japanese formula for denutting sportbikes for naked duty.

While that dissappoints me, it still has plenty of power, is plenty light, and looks plenty good, especially with the arrow exhaust. The magazines are giving it favourable reviews for now.

Over time, if I want, I can overcome the deficits, and get exactly the bike I want. For now, its the closest thing made. I'll put my deposit down in the next couple of weeks. I'm still excited...just not as excited as I COULD have been.

I want one!!!!!! Ok people, I need help convincing the hubby!!!:trust: how do you convince a man that you need another motorcycle...i know, i can tell him:
"this one runs!!! it has a warranty" no more messing with wiring and po issues!!!!

I want one!!!!!! Ok people, I need help convincing the hubby!!!:trust: how do you convince a man that you need another motorcycle...i know, i can tell him:
"this one runs!!! it has a warranty" no more messing with wiring and po issues!!!!
throw in the ability to ride it and you'd have me convinced! :trust:

what guy needs to be convinced to buy another bike

I only wish my wife would say that

+1. If my wife uttered the sentence, "I want one of those Triumph motorcycles," I'd be in the car waiting for her to get in before she got to the word 'motorcycles'. ;-)

+1. If my wife uttered the sentence, "I want one of those Triumph motorcycles," I'd be in the car waiting for her to get in before she got to the word 'motorcycles'. ;-)

:rofl:

there's two things my wife will never have to convince me to do, and buying a bike is one of them

Won't be long before folks upgrade to 675 cams, forks, brakes, rear shock. Lovely. :)
According to Motorcyclist:
"...We pushed enough to let the Street Triple defend its low-spec front end. The non-adjustable fork might be an issue on track days, but it was better behaved than the bigger Speed Triple's. It's no struggle to slow the package down, thanks to Daytona spec pads and rotors. We couldn't fault it for spirited backroad ripping..."
"Despite new milder cam timing, the 675 triple seems to pull just about as hard as the Daytona's. Expect wheelies in the first 3 gears, thanks to the added bottom end and midrange."
The article mentioned the front suspension a few times, but nothing about the rear. Sounds to me like its better than adequate the way it is, and hasty upgrades to Daytona spec may not improve it much.

I must be on the wrong planet in a parallel universe. Women like this don't live on my planet. :ponder:

It's too close in price to a D675 with too many changes. It should have been like the S4 was to the TT600.

I was excited for it, I planned on trading up/in...I'd rather spend the extra $1000 on the D675.

I was excited for it, I planned on trading up/in...I'd rather spend the extra $1000 on the D675.

I was thinking a similar thing. I opted to get a more comfortable S3 than the D675 because I knew the ergos would be punishing. I've always been a fan of lightweight and flickable bikes.

I picked up the green Street Triple last week....very comfortable ride....lots of power. No complaints!

IMGP3206.jpg

Does it wheelie whether you want to or not? I hear it really misbehaves. ;)

Txchas,

How much did you pay? They had one at the Austin dealership for $9300, with everything added (ie. ttl, etc.). It started at $7999 msrp.

I like it!

Marco

Txchas,

How much did you pay? They had one at the Austin dealership for $9300, with everything added (ie. ttl, etc.). It started at $7999 msrp.

I like it!

Marco

With TTL, out the door it was going to be $9464. However, I had a trade in that reduced some of the taxes. I think they are going to be going for MSRP for a while.

Back