• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ever used Bohn Armor?

Low

Reaction score
I have been considering some Bohn Armor for some time but have yet to find anyone or place that has had or used it. Has anyone used Bohn Armor and what do you think of this product?

Bohn Armor
Specific information

633Pm22C_IMAGE2_crusader1.jpg

633Pm22C_IMAGE3_crusader2.jpg

looks like it would be nie for offroad work. Just pull a jersey on over it and you're good to go ;-) I would think it would be most effective under a jacket that could provide abrasion resistance while letting the Bohn thing absorb the impact. I've never used one, but have seen several riders using it and all of them liked it. Kinda pricey if I recall correctly...

Adios,

Yeah considering that some decent jackets are priced around 250 - 300 the armor is priced starting at 139.00, reduced for the winter season I believe. But it may be useful for those really colder rides with a thicker jacket over it... Maybe.

I've got a pair of the under pants. Basically they are just like the "underarmor" shirt material from WalMart with pockets for foam armor. The armor slips around constantly, I am not impressed with the quality and they were fairly expensive. They are gathering dust in a corner of the closet.

I've got the same thing as 10-95, but also did some of the mesh shirts made out of the same material with pads. I noticed the same thing ... the pads don't really stay in place well, so would expect that you'd get some friction burns on your skin if you went down in them. The Bohn was the first set of body armor I ever bought, and once I started getting some experience, they've pretty much sat in my closet ever since.

Rocket_Cowboy said:
The Bohn was the first set of body armor I ever bought, and once I started getting some experience, they've pretty much sat in my closet ever since.
Prefer the kilt armor, huh? :mrgreen:

LOL, that made me laugh as I thought of the "sport kilt" they had at th triumph booth at the MC show.

Back