• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cherokee on Monday 9/3?

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
I've got an urge to ride this weekend. Finally am getting the WR jetting dialed in. I was debating about going up to Crooked Creek near Waco, but another friend wants to hit Cherokee. So I figured I'd see if any of you all are up for a Cherokee day. Looks like we might get a little rain between now and then, but should still be nice out there. Hopefully the mud puddle is dried up.

In fact, I'll check and see if it is.

Update, changed to Monday, 9/3. Oh no, I don't have magic moderator rights in this forum, can someone change the title for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cherokee on Saturday 9/1?

Tempting... but Sat. is my only day off this weekend, I have to work Fri. and Sun., but thanks for posting the invite.

Re: Cherokee on Saturday 9/1?

Tempting... but Sat. is my only day off this weekend, I have to work Fri. and Sun., but thanks for posting the invite.

You must have been replying when I was updating the date. Turns out Monday will be the day we are going. Does that work for you?

Re: Cherokee on Saturday 9/3?

So are you guys headed up there on monday if so what time?

sydney

Re: Cherokee on Saturday 9/3?

So are you guys headed up there on monday if so what time?

sydney

I should be there between 8 and 8:30am. Beige ford pickup with a black utility trailer. Blue Wr250 and Yellow DRZ somewhere close by. I may have a white awning up (if I remember to pack it).

By the trees, just past the house where you pay.

okay that sounds good I should be able to make it on monday do you know who all are going to show up?

I haven't really made a role call list. I know of a few of riders from the TORCH group I ride with (varying skill level good to slow).

It looks like TxSandman, maybe Firemalt (waiting until Sunday morning for final status), TA2240 (Tim) is a maybe, Texas Dr (Ken), and Quick-Silver.

So, I suspect it will be between 5 and 10 riders. A couple faster riders and a couple that are getting their dirt legs. The rest all somewhere in between. Basically if a guy on a KTM 300 says follow me, make sure you have another slower rider around. :lol2: There will be two of them and they both like Cherokee.

It looks like TxSandman, maybe Firemalt (waiting until Sunday morning for final status), TA2240 (Tim) is a maybe, Texas Dr (Ken), and Quick-Silver.
This is my official "I can't make it" notice... even though it's 60% chance of rain on Monday... we have a BBQ planned.

Ya'll have fun and come home in one piece.

I plan to be there at around 8:00 - 8:30. If you see a P/U come in with a guy that looks totally lost, it'll probablybe me.:) Just wave me on in.

I promise I'll ride my own ride and stay out of everybody's way. If someone can just get me started, that'll be great.

Oh, BTW, I changed my 1st tire today. It wasn't all that bad of an experience. I may be able to make this new sport work.;-)

Look for this rig:

KLR+650+014.jpg

KLR+650+013.jpg

:sun:

This is my official "I can't make it" notice... even though it's 60% chance of rain on Monday... we have a BBQ planned.

Ya'll have fun and come home in one piece.

I'm kind of hoping for a little rain out there. The temp will be down and no dust. It's a sandy place so a little rain firms it up nicely. Plus I know were most of the puddles tend to form already.

Texas Dr. I live close to that area is it possible we can meet up and I can follow you??

I wanted to thank everyone for letting me tag along yesterday. It was great meeting everyone and I had a great time, even if I am still trying to get the dust out of my eyes.:rider:

I'm going to start a ride report over in the "After the dust settles" sub forum.

Back