• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Texas Adventure Ride: Apr 24 - 27, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
Mark your calendars and put in your vacation request - the 2008 Tx Adv Ride will be held Thursday April 24 through Sunday April 27, 2008 in Junction, TX.

Register here

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo Hooo! :rider: I really enjoyed the 2007 ride.
07BruceXL.jpg

The XL is gone but my Tiger is purring in anticipation.

Cherry and Lanny from Amarillo are in.

Attachments

• tx adventure ride 07 019.jpg
    tx adventure ride 07 019.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 407
OK, I'm in. I'm getting a PLB (personal locator beacon) so I won't interrupt the ride this time. Adding Quik splints to my med kit too. Nothing as embarassing as a doctor being unprepared for his own injuries. Maybe I'll have to find that link for a KLR trailer to carry a more complete kit. :mrgreen:

OK, I'm in. I'm getting a PLB (personal locator beacon) so I won't interrupt the ride this time. Adding Quik splints to my med kit too. Nothing as embarassing as a doctor being unprepared for his own injuries. Maybe I'll have to find that link for a KLR trailer to carry a more complete kit. :mrgreen:

Maybe just a 4WD ambulance to follow you around? :rofl:

Yes, please, no more surprises to innocent riders just passing by... :giveup:

Rat Spit! I will be one week from being able to make this one. Drats.

Hmmm... more info for us newbs?

I am intrigued and might be up for it, but would like to learn more about it. Links to older rides or ? please

if my shoulder is healed up by then I think I will be going, anybody riding DS from the Denton area? I would be intrested in teamong up with, PM.

if my shoulder is healed up by then I think I will be going, anybody riding DS from the Denton area? I would be intrested in teamong up with, PM.

Depending what I can learn about this ride - I might be up for it, yes... we could meet up someplace and ride down there.

I have a question, are we going to have to appease the old lady with the goats? Coastalcop should have been a diplomat! I guess she was part of the adventure

Hmmm... more info for us newbs?

I am intrigued and might be up for it, but would like to learn more about it. Links to older rides or ? please

bigboy,

The most current information on the 2008 Texas Adventure Ride (TAR) is posted on my web site at www.texasadventure.net

A brief history: In 2006 a couple of friends and I did a 3 day adventure ride from Austin to Langtry, TX and back. We had a great time and discovered some wonderful DS roads out in the hill country and west Texas. Based on that trip I decided to put together a ds/adventure ride in the same area. The first TAR was the last weekend in April of this year and 125 riders attended. I thought it turned out very well (at least I know I really had a great time) and based on all the positive feedback I plan to keep it going as an annual event.

You can find reports on the first annual TAR in the ds ride reports section here on TWT.

Hope you can make it for the 2008 event.

I will keep in touch with you "bigboy" I should know here in the next month or two the outcome of my shoulder

Rat Spit! I will be one week from being able to make this one. Drats.
Tell your boss you have to rescue the lower half of Texas from a swarm of aliens on two wheels? Secret missile launch tests by Bedouins wearing helmets? Giant desert and sand worms on wheels posing as a national threat? Be creative ;-)

:lol2: No, that wouldn't get me far down there. The DR650 would be hauling my butt around. Maybe by then I'll have these new racks figured out and have the Pelican Cases installed!! :angryfire Anybody ever install the HT SU racks? I am NOT looking forward to relocating the rear turn signals!

:lol2: No, that wouldn't get me far down there. The DR650 would be hauling my butt around.
Several of us from this local will be trailering down. I'm not riding a 250 all the way down to Junction then riding dirt for two+ days :eek2: Hopefully after Tennessee next month, next year's TAR will be a piece of cake ;)

Thanks for all the info - I am definitely interested now that I understand it :) Will keep an eye out for more info!

I don't know many TWTers yet and I would love to make the event.
Will a Wee be OK or should I bring a DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back