• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Turbo charger on Bandit

Seconded. Mr. Turbo is the king of Suzuki and Kawasaki turbo systems:

http://www.mrturbo.com/kit2.html

photo_bandit1.jpg

"Raved by the magazines as one of the best all around bikes "EVER" built. This bike especially appeals to us at MR. TURBO not only because of its great looks, superb handling and stout GSXR derived engine but also its great low price! An adjustable horsepower range of 160-250 H.P. [is available at] a finished cost that leaves you thinking twice about the price of most sport bikes!"

I saw that website, but didnt seem really user friendly. More like a collection of parts done by an amature rather than a kit that actually works. I'm not really interested in making my own Turbo, and that is what that site looks like it is offering - parts to make your own turbo.

Are there any kits?

Ok I checked out more of the site. No, there are no kits. They say all their turbos are custom ordered. FOR $4,000!!!?

Ok I checked out more of the site. No, there are no kits. They say all their turbos are custom ordered. FOR $4,000!!!?

Huh?

CAT: 100
KIT NO: 25-0700
APPLICATION: SUZ BANDIT 1200
$3,995.00

And just so you know, several of my fellow riders out here in West Texas have bikes with Mr. Turbo systems and they're of the highest quality.

http://www.mrturbo.com/bandit1.htm

If you read the order form page, it says each kit is custom built.

Either way For $4,000, that's kinda a little more than I thought a turbo would be.

If you read the order form page, it says each kit is custom built.

Of course each kit is built to order. There would never be a big enough demand for Bandit Turbos to mass-produce them. They'd lose their shirts. You'll find that just about anything performancewise of this mangitude will be built to order.

Either way For $4,000, that's kinda a little more than I thought a turbo would be.

It's about the most bang for the buck you'll get. If you really want to spend some money, check into porting, stroking, custom cranks, pistons, cams, etc. You can easily spend twice that to build a normally aspirated engine in the same general power range.

Maybe you should just consider a bolt-on nitrous kit instead. :sun:

1 2008 Bandit $8299 @ 96 HP
1 Mr Turbo $3995 @ 160/ 200 HP
---------------------
total $12,294

1 2008 "busa $11,999 @ 176 HP

:ponder:

1 2008 Bandit $8299 @ 96 HP
1 Mr Turbo $3995 @ 160/ 200 HP
---------------------
total $12,294

1 2008 "busa $11,999 @ 176 HP