• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Exhaust?

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Vanlandingham
I'm thinking about an aftermarket exhaust for my '05 1200S. I'm not looking for loud. Loud pipes...[edited - Mod.] neighbors. I'd also like to keep it simple; just a slip-on, prefer not to have to re-jet, etc. I just think my Bandit sounds too much like a hot-rodded toaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
www.holeshot.com

You won't find a higher quality product from a nicer guy.

trey

Word.

Recent.jpg

i've finally stumbled onto all the different threads here, and hope this isnt to repetitive, i was pretty proud when i first got this going.

i put a '06 GSXR muffler on mine. i had to cut off the throttle, and weld a pipe to allow it to slip on, put a rubber cushion on the stand to keep it from hitting (stand stop left with stock pipe), but so far i like it.

comparison to original muffler, exhaust throttle shown seperately

img2522om6.jpg

and all bolted up with centerstand in place.

img3125em5.jpg

close up of finished header to muffler junction, at this time centerstand was off.

img2713jq7.jpg

and youtube sound demonstration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWvcbVBTC1Q

img2645vk6.jpg

looks like suzuki wanted to bring back the same look in '08, but had to add this dumb looking tip to it, on the 600.

img3335ox2.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has the Scorpion Slip-On installed on the 07/08 Bandit 1250S? If anyone has I would appreciate any feedback pro's and con"s with the Scorpion End Can.
The stainless steel construction and never having to repack the baffles really appeal to me. Also Scorpion says you do not have to make any air/fuel mods which also appeals to me.
I'm not looking for any added power, more than enough for me already. But would maybe like to hear the exhaust note a little more.

Thanks in advance!

:pirate: :flip:

Just wondering if anyone has the Scorpion Slip-On installed on the 07/08 Bandit 1250S? If anyone has I would appreciate any feedback pro's and con"s with the Scorpion End Can.
The stainless steel construction and never having to repack the baffles really appeal to me. Also Scorpion says you do not have to make any air/fuel mods which also appeals to me.
I'm not looking for any added power, more than enough for me already. But would maybe like to hear the exhaust note a little more.

Thanks in advance!

:pirate: :flip:

Hi Rich,

Thats sounds like a muffler I would be interested in also, as I have been down the muffler, fuel manager, air box mod path many times before, and you usually only gain a few HP at the expense of lower gas mileage, which I don't want to give up, and like you, I would jusy like to find a smaller better looking muffler with a little better sound, that would not mess with my fuel mileage or performnace, without having to add a fuel manager.

If I can't find one that will do this for me, I will be sticking with the stock muffler. Do you have any pics of this muffler, as I went to their website, and they do not show a muffler for the new Bandit.

Hi Rich,

Thats sounds like a muffler I would be interested in also, as I have been down the muffler, fuel manager, air box mod path many times before, and you usually only gain a few HP at the expense of lower gas mileage, which I don't want to give up, and like you, I would jusy like to find a smaller better looking muffler with a little better sound, that would not mess with my fuel mileage or performnace, without having to add a fuel manager.

If I can't find one that will do this for me, I will be sticking with the stock muffler. Do you have any pics of this muffler?

Hi Scott,
Here is the web site for Scorpion in the UK.
http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bikes/index.php
I believe PipeCity.com in the states have the Scorpion mufflers at pretty good prices.
I had a Scorpion on my 05 DL650 Vstrom and liked it a lot. The sound on the DL650 was a higher note. When compared to say a HoleShot which I had on my 04 SV650. In addition on both these bikes all I did was block off the PAIR system.
I'd really like to hear a Bandit 1250S sound clip with the Scorpion installed though.

:rider:

Hi Scott,
Here is the web site for Scorpion in the UK.
http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bikes/index.php
I believe PipeCity.com in the states have the Scorpion mufflers at pretty good prices.
I had a Scorpion on my 05 DL650 Vstrom and liked it a lot. The sound on the DL650 was a higher note. When compared to say a HoleShot which I had on my 04 SV650. In addition on both these bikes all I did was block off the PAIR system.
I'd really like to hear a Bandit 1250S sound clip with the Scorpion installed though.

Rich,

Yes, blocking off the PAIR valves usually will help elliminate any decel popping after installing a after market muffler if your not also installing a fuel manager. I have made my own PAIR valve block off plates before, and I like to make them so I can retain the stock reed valves, to act as the gaskets for the block off plates.

How was the performance of the mufflers compared to stock, and did you have any decel popping?

You might also want to check out cyclegear.com or call one locally. I know they carry Scorpion pipes and they will meet or beat anyones price on just about anything. Just 2 cents. My Dad had a Stay-tune on a bimmer he had and it looked very high quality and the sound was not loud at all.

Rich,

Yes, blocking off the PAIR valves usually will help elliminate any decel popping after installing a after market muffler if your not also installing a fuel manager. I have made my own PAIR valve block off plates before, and I like to make them so I can retain the stock reed valves, to act as the gaskets for the block off plates.

How was the performance of the mufflers compared to stock, and did you have any decel popping?

I think the performance level remained about the same with both the DL650 and the SV650. But the new pipes made both bikes sounded like motorcycles instead of sewing machines. I had very minor decel-popping with either bike. But I plugged the PAIR system on both bikes anyway and had zero popping.
Both bikes ran really well and had crisp throttle response.

Does it say anything about how the center stand works on the slip on? My Holeshot does not bump on the slip-on like stock as it has the bumper mounted on the centerstand itself which bumps under the rear shock. It's a nice system except the center stand taps my left foot on the heel when the shock compresses and makes the stand foot-peg move upward where before it moved up and down with the rest of the exhaust. No big deal as it's a very clean install.

HoleshotInstall010.jpg

I had a Scorpion slip-on on my 2002 GSXR-1000 before the full Arata system and it sounded beautiful without being obnoxious. A nice deep tone with just a bit more volume than the stocker so I could actually hear it while riding. I'm a fan of the Scorpion slip-ons.

I had the Scorpion Stainless Oval End-Can on the DL650. If I get another Scorpion in the future. I'd probably get the Stainless Round End-Can for the Bandit 1250S.
I'd also like to know how they address the centerstand bracket issue. My last Scorpion also used stainlees clamps to hold exhaust system together, instead of the springs. Just me but I do prefer the stainless clamps.

Scott, $280.00 including delivery seems like a very good price. I guess you would have to pay California Sales Tax though, right?

I had the Scorpion Stainless Oval End-Can on the DL650. If I get another Scorpion in the future. I'd probably get the Stainless Round End-Can for the Bandit 1250S.
I'd also like to know how they address the centerstand bracket issue. My last Scorpion also used stainlees clamps to hold exhaust system together, instead of the springs. Just me but I do prefer the stainless clamps.

Scott, $280.00 including delivery seems like a very good price. I guess you would have to pay California Sales Tax though, right?

Yes, I would have to pay an additional $21.44.

Congrats Scott,

Does the mid pipe come with welded brackit bumper for centerstand? Also wondering if the can comes with the DB killer included?
I think you got one heck of a deal my friend.
Looking forward to your install and sound report.

Congrats Scott,

Does the mid pipe come with welded brackit bumper for centerstand? Also wondering if the can comes with the DB killer included?
I think you got one heck of a deal my friend.
Looking forward to your install and sound report.

I don't know what it comes with for the centerstand, but I know I won't have any problems designing up a stop if I have to.

The place I bought it from, Star Cycle is only about 50 miles from my house, so I should see it by Wednesday of next week. :rider:

I don't know what it comes with for the centerstand, but I know I won't have any problems designing up a stop if I have to.

The place I bought it from, Star Cycle is only about 50 miles from my house, so I should see it by Wednesday of next week. :rider:

Yes, I know you have made a lot of knock out looking goodies for your Bandito.:clap:
I think I'm just as excited about the Scorpion as you.:flip:

Scorpion Installation

I recieved my new Scorpion muffler this afternoon, and I just finished installing it about an hour ago, and I couldn't be happier with it.

Its got a much nicer sound then the stock muffler, but by no means is it anywhere close to being excessively loud, as I took it up and down the street a couple of times, and I am quite pleased with the sound improvement, but it diffinately won't be a ticket getter.

The installation went very smoothly, and I am quite pleased with the quality of the system. All it came with was an exploded view and a parts list, and no installation instruction, but its pretty straight forward if you have ever installed any after market exhausts before.

It didn't say anything about using any high temp silcone sealant on the slip joints, but I already had a tube of Permetex Ultra Gold silicone sealant, the same stuff that Dale Walker recommends using with his exhausts, so I applied it to both ends of the mid pipe during the installation.

The muffler and mid pipe weigh next to nothing, and a added bonus is the midpipe came with a center stand bumper bracket welded to it, along with a new rubber bumper.

Heres one picture of it on the bike, but I'll take a few more in the sunlight and post them up in a few days.

This muffler has accomplished just what I was looking for, which was a smaller better looking, lighter muffler with a slightly louder exhaust note then the stock muffler had, and it made my custom billet hanger bracket look even better. :rider:

af1ef45bc3c8a0f8ee622ea1c01562950_large.jpg

Scott,

Now that really looks great and really does go with your manufactured muffler bracket.:clap: Glad to here that the centerstand bracket came welded on the mid-pipe. Have you noticed any popping on de-cell yet?
Thats a lot of muffler for the price. Congrats again on the deal.

Now thats a spoiled Bandito, looking good and parked on beige carpet.

Back