TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > User Reviews of Bikes, Mods, Gear, etc,... > Bikes > Suzuki Bandits

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 12-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
MetrickMetal

Radiator grill cover

I have been waiting for S/S radiator grill covers to come out for my new Bandit, and I just found this one from Powerbronze on Ebay, and I like it.

Has anyone seen any other styles of polished S/S grill out there?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...QQcmdZViewItem

Check out my line of custom Bandit 1250/650 parts atwww.MetrickMetal.com

Custom naked Candy Sonoma Red Bandit 1250S/AK7 totally customized with MetrickMetal custom parts and mods. Full Stage II with header and slip-on, Race Tech Gold valves and springs and custom WP shock.
IBA #18470
MetrickMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
treybrad

Re: Radiator grill cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bandito View Post
I have been waiting for S/S radiator grill covers to come out for my new Bandit, and I just found this one from Powerbronze on Ebay, and I like it.

http://www.coxracingroup.com/

They make one for the 1250, a couple people have put it on and it seems to be very nice. Only $70 or so.

trey
Old 12-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
MetrickMetal

Merry Christmas to me....

I sold some used motorcycle parts yesterday, and got enough money from them to purchase the S/S radiator grill on Ebay, and I like the style of it, and the fact that it attaches with the two screws on each end of the radiator.

Custom naked Candy Sonoma Red Bandit 1250S/AK7 totally customized with MetrickMetal custom parts and mods. Full Stage II with header and slip-on, Race Tech Gold valves and springs and custom WP shock.
IBA #18470
Old 12-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
treybrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by treybrad View Post
http://www.coxracingroup.com/

They make one for the 1250, a couple people have put it on and it seems to be very nice. Only $70 or so.

trey
Well, an update for those of you thinking of getting a Cox guard. They won't fit the ABS model. There is an extra distribution block attached right above the radiator that prohibits the top mounting bolts to align.

I've sent an email to Cox to see if they can fix it for me, I'd only need to cut out the middle part on the top of the guard to allow it to fit but.... I don't have the proper tools for that, and I paid good money for a guard that'd fit so. We'll see what they say, I'll keep this thread updated.

trey
Old 12-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #5
PhilS

Go here: http://www.superbikestore.com/bandit_1250.htm

This is SuperbikeSotre, LLC - the guys on Ebay selling the radiator guarnd Scott is looking at. They have some nice hi-res photos of it online.

They have some other neat carbon fiber looking stuff as well for our bikes.

Phil
AMA Member www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com
PhilS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #6
Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treybrad View Post
Well, an update for those of you thinking of getting a Cox guard. They won't fit the ABS model. There is an extra distribution block attached right above the radiator that prohibits the top mounting bolts to align.

I've sent an email to Cox to see if they can fix it for me, I'd only need to cut out the middle part on the top of the guard to allow it to fit but.... I don't have the proper tools for that, and I paid good money for a guard that'd fit so. We'll see what they say, I'll keep this thread updated.

trey
Hmmm, I guess that was an oversight since I know for a fact he based the original design off a regular Bandit.

I would call him and discuss it with him. Andrew is a nice fellow he will make it right.

I am the one who originally got him to make the guard for the Bandit. I had no idea the ABS model was different at the top mount or I would have told him so up front.

Give him a call and see if he can get it worked out for you.

Good luck.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
PhilS

Re: Merry Christmas to me....

Quote:
I sold some used motorcycle parts yesterday, and got enough money from them to purchase the S/S radiator grill on Ebay, and I like the style of it, and the fact that it attaches with the two screws on each end of the radiator.
Ay Carumba Senor El Bandito:

You have this on your bike yet? Thoughts, rocks, dents, anything, anyone......Buehler?
AMA Member www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com
PhilS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #8
A1A

Question Re: Radiator grill cover

Quote:

I like the look of this quality radiator grill for the Bandit 1250. My only concern is will enough air pass through the opening of the guard to the radiator.
Has anybody got this style guard installed and would care to give any comments?
Looks to me that the Coz guard will also give very good BUG protection, as well.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
Roy

The rock that hit my Cox guard would have went through that guard. Gaps are too wide on it. Shiny piece but not very functional IMO. Cox guards are tried and test from the racetrack to the street. I bet he could chrome dip you one if you called him up and asked.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #10
A1A

Talking Re: Radiator grill cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
The rock that hit my Cox guard would have went through that guard. Gaps are too wide on it. Shiny piece but not very functional IMO. Cox guards are tried and test from the racetrack to the street. I bet he could chrome dip you one if you called him up and asked.
Roy,

Does the Cox guard keep the bugs out of the radiator? I like the looks (Black) color also to blend into the existing black painted raditor of the Bandit. I was hoping the Cox guard was designed to fit around the radiator using the two screws on each end to attach it. Seems to me that wouldn't have been to difficult.
Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking anybodys Cox radiator guard. Just stating it would have been a cleaner all round look and fit. If it was designed to bolt to the radiator sides.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:20 AM   #11
Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1A View Post
Roy,

Does the Cox guard keep the bugs out of the radiator? I like the looks (Black) color also to blend into the existing black painted raditor of the Bandit. I was hoping the Cox guard was designed to fit around the radiator using the two screws on each end to attach it. Seems to me that wouldn't have been to difficult.
Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking anybodys Cox radiator guard. Just stating it would have been a cleaner all round look and fit. If it was designed to bolt to the radiator sides.

Richard I am not sure why the outside two mount holes were not used but the way it is now you can't really tell it is there. It does not seem to let bugs through of course there are not many bugs out this time of year, they have better sense. I think it faired rather well considering the size of rock that hit it. I may take it off this weekend and flatten out the dent, suppose to be cold this weekend so plenty of tinkering time in the garage.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:28 AM   #12
bones

Just ordered a silver one. $90 seems like a small fortune to me, but what isn't on a bike??
94 Yamaha Razz
74 Honda Trail 70
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #13
bones

WOW!

Andrew Cox just called me. Part is shipping today. He had 2 silver but both were scratched by the mounting bolts, not through the anodizing. Offered a black or Tit. one or ship the silver one at a discount. Said it'd be hard to see once mounted. THAT'S STAND UP right there! I am going to get the silver one and if it's bad and bugs me I will call and ask for a discount that we discussed. As of now I am not to worried it's going to be a hassle if he is that stand up.

94 Yamaha Razz
74 Honda Trail 70
Old 01-31-2008, 02:20 PM   #14
Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
WOW!

Andrew Cox just called me. Part is shipping today. He had 2 silver but both were scratched by the mounting bolts, not through the anodizing. Offered a black or Tit. one or ship the silver one at a discount. Said it'd be hard to see once mounted. THAT'S STAND UP right there! I am going to get the silver one and if it's bad and bugs me I will call and ask for a discount that we discussed. As of now I am not to worried it's going to be a hassle if he is that stand up.

Andrew is a good guy and conducts business well. The bolt areas are hard to see unless you stand on your head. Should not be a problem.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #15
Roy

Quote:
WOW!

You did tell him you have the ABS model didn't you? There is a difference.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #16
bones

U serious? On the radiator? I'll call him now

Just made the call and they are retooling for the ABS ones and it will get shipped in about a week. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated.
94 Yamaha Razz
74 Honda Trail 70

Last edited by Tourmeister; 01-31-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #17
MetrickMetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
Ay Carumba Senor El Bandito:

You have this on your bike yet? Thoughts, rocks, dents, anything, anyone......Buehler?
I'll take a picture of it today and post it up.

IBA #18470
Old 01-31-2008, 03:28 PM   #18
treybrad

Quote:
U serious? On the radiator? I'll call him now

Just made the call and they are retooling for the ABS ones and it will get shipped in about a week. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated.
Yep, I sent mine back to him with it marked where the cuts needed to be. I'll post pics of mine when I get it back... hopefully sooner than later.

*edit* got an email from Andrew - should have it back in a week or so, probably in the same batch as yours, bones.

trey

Last edited by Tourmeister; 01-31-2008 at 03:38 PM.
treybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:43 PM   #19
bones

He is a real nice guy and seems to put out a very nice item. I take back my "it cost too much" comment.
94 Yamaha Razz
74 Honda Trail 70
Old 01-31-2008, 03:47 PM   #20
Roy

Quote:
U serious? On the radiator?
yep

I seen your sig with the ABS and thought of trey having had to send his back.

You will be happy with it trust me and it has already been field tested by yours truely.