• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MRA TOURINGSCREEN on a Gen II Bandit

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Phenix
Well the install was a snap. The MRA is a good fit - no detectable vibration an any rpm. The touringscreen extends up and back along the same plane as the stock unit. There would have been no clearance problems but I did have to rotate the bars back ever so slightly to clear the DL650 handguards and give full lock-to-lock steering.

I was a little skeptical after my experience with the Zero Gravity touring shield which was noisy and caused unbearable buffeting and put the wind blast right under the lip of my helmet. (don't buy that shield!)

I am happy to report no increase in wind noise with the MRA and no buffeting whatsoever.:rider: With my left hand I could feel only the slightest turbulence in front of my chest and neck even at 80mph. The new shield raises the wind blast about a foot from my chest to about eye level. I'm happy with the shape and appearance too but I'll kinda miss my old SUZUKI logo. All in all the MRA TouringScreen is $100 well spent. :thumb:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1607/104/

Attachments

• mra touringscreen 7.jpg
    mra touringscreen 7.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 250
  • mra touringscreen 9.jpg
    mra touringscreen 9.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 239
  • mra windscreen 003.jpg
    mra windscreen 003.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 229
  • mra touringscreen 6.jpg
    mra touringscreen 6.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 246
Well the install was a snap. The MRA is a good fit - no detectible vibration an any rpm. The touringscreen extends up and back along the same plane as the stock unit. There would have been no clearance problems but I did have to rotate the bars back ever so slightly to clear the DL650 handguards and give full lock-to-lock steering.

I was a little skeptical after my experience with the Zero Gravity touring shield which was noisy and caused unbearable buffeting and put the wind blast right under the lip of my helmet. (don't buy that shield!)

I am happy to report no increase in wind noise with the MRA and no buffeting whatsoever.:rider: With my left hand I could feel only the slightest turbulance in front of my chest and neck even at 80mph. The new shield raises the wind blast about a foot from my chest to about eye level. I'm happy with the shape and appearance too but I'll kinda miss my old SUZUKI logo. All in all the MRA TouringScreen is $100 well spent. :thumb:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1607/104/

Glad to hear your results. Looks sharp too. I have one on back order, so I'm impatiently waiting.....(delayed gratification isn't one of my strong suits). Enjoy the ride. Cheers, jack

I got mine today. The clear shield was on backorder, so I got the smoke screen. It was a perfect fit, but it had two wide slits (kinda eyebrow shaped) about 2/3's up the screen. They didn't show this in the picture on the Twisted Throttle site. Whatever they did works great. There is a bit more noise, but since I wear earplugs, that's not a problem. More importantly, the airflow was clean, no buffeting or pushing from behind. The wind hits at about my lower lip level on my fullface helmet (I'm 5' 7"). It does a great job of relieving pressure at speed. I was comfortable at an indicated 110 while, with the stock screen, anything over 80 was uncomfortable. It was a perfect fit and the quality is tops. Highly recommended. Hope this helps. Cheers, Jack

...It does a great job of relieving pressure at speed. I was comfortable at an indicated 110 while, with the stock screen, anything over 80 was uncomfortable.

I'm sure you meant "at an indicated 55" because you wouldn't have gone above the speed limit! :mrgreen:

On the subject of screens, for riders my height, 5' 6", with the stock screen, where does the wind hit you? Is the wind noise acceptable? And what about turbulence. I'm considering buying a Bandit 1250 in the spring to tour with so wind noise and buffeting is an important consideration. Thank you all.

I'm considering buying a Bandit 1250 in the spring to tour with so wind noise and buffeting is an important consideration. Thank you all.

At 5'8" the wind hits square in the chest. You'll be happy with the bike as a touring mount. I spend a lot of time touring through the mountains with mine, mostly 2-up with the full Givi luggage set. Don't let a windsheild stop you from buying any bike. There is always something out on the market or coming out soon to fit what you need.

Back