• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 Bandit - Miles/Issues on the bike

PhilS

Reaction score
Hi Guys:

Just curious about this with y'all and I did not see a thread on this yet for this bike. Where are you on miles and issues/warranty stuff? I figured having a thread about this at the beginning of the new year seemed fitting. We all have or want mods out the wazoo, and we cover that well in all the other threads, but I am curious about the base bike and it's reliability and how far we have all ridden it since day one.

I purchased in June 2007, only have 3100 miles on it, and zero warranty issues. Bike is perfect.

You?:rider:

I purchased mine on October 31, 2007. I have had Zero issues and currently have 2,056 smiles on the bike. For the record I didn't purchase the extended warranty. I'm truely amazed with the quality, ride, engine and price paid for my Suzuki Bandit 1250S.

:rider:

Purchased the maintenance pre-paid when I got the bike in August of '07. It was less than three regular services and it covers the first 6 visits for service. I have 7000 miles on the bike, it's been routinely serviced 3 times and I have replaced the front tire once and the back twice. Have 2 new Mich. pilot tires on the bike and light touring luggage (tail bag and saddle bags) from Aerostitch. No problems, just great transportation to/from work and good holiday ride providing during the off times. Hope to make her my main camping horse late winter and early spring.

Bought 21 june 2007

10 000 miles

No issue except for a loose steering bearing that was tightened on the 3000 m revision.

second set of tire at 5000 m, BT021. back tire still good for another 2000 m.

Purchased: April, 2007
Mileage to date: 3857 (It's a weekend machine!)

Only issue was a cross-threaded mirror stalk bolt.

I purchased in June 2007, only have 3100 miles on it, and zero warranty issues. Bike is perfect.....

Ah....forgot, I had the right side driver foot peg mounting bolt cross threaded as well as one on the left side passenger peg bolts cross threaded. Discovered the right one while flipping the driver pegs over and the rear one while mounting the Givi gear.

I, like a bunch of others, have also experienced fairing, cowling, and instrument buzzing. All of which can be basicially cured with tightening things up and strategically placed foam stick on weather stripping.:trust:

Phil

My only real complaint with my Bandit is the irratating clicking noise from the front brake rotors, that I hear when you roll my bike backwards down my driveway and apply the brakes, and then again when I first apply the brake for the first time going forward.

Its obviously caused by the outer section of the disc moving back and forth on the carrier pins, as I finally confirmed this when had my friend look at the rotors while I rolled my bike back and forth while I applied the front brakes, and he could actually see the movement of the outer disc on the carrier.

Suzukijo also has get this same noise from his front rotors, and I can't believe that this condition won't get worse over time, as anytime you have slop in something, especially something like a brake rotor that is constantly being subjected to the braking force aplied to them, which is going to continue to work on the inherit slop between the outer disc and the carrier, that over time going its just going to get worse.

I wonder if this is something that if brought to the attention of Suzuki, that they would warranty, but then if they replaced the rotors with the same ones, the problem would probably still occur, unless they change the design of the rotors.

4k miles and no problems or issues.

Typical Suzuki build quality, things are a little more cramped on this bike than usual.

Rear wheel does not free spin as good as other bikes I've owned. Rear caliper is not dragging I have checked that. Bearings are free and not froze. You got me just the nature of the beast I guess.:yawn:

Hi All;
I bought my 07, Red, 1250, non-ABS on June 18, 2007 and have 9677 miles to date.
Haven't had any problems or major complaints with this bike.
I've always rode a cruiser style so this is my first in-line 4, Standard and its alot of fun to ride especially up here in the mountains.
I changed from the om tires to Dunlop D220's, added a Givi Windscreen along with Cortech Tail and Saddlebags and 1" bar-risers.
IMO its a Great Motorcycle. :clap:
Brent

Who was it that posted in the mega thread about motor issues? What ever became of that?

Who was it that posted in the mega thread about motor issues? What ever became of that?

Nothing became of it, just a guy trying to get everyone worked up. He claimed there were 3 other Bandits at the same shop, all at around 4k miles, all with the same problem.... but no one else has had any problems and I've not heard of anything else either...

I'm at about 3x that mileage, and mine runs better than new. I'm not worried.

trey

Bought my ABS version in July '07. Now have just over 4k on it. Absolutely no issues. Runs like a dream....and soooo fast!! Original tires with alot of tread left but half my miles are freeway, so not surprising. Added Givi windshield and hope to get the funds together for top box and side cases soon.

Nothing became of it, just a guy trying to get everyone worked up. He claimed there were 3 other Bandits at the same shop, all at around 4k miles, all with the same problem.... but no one else has had any problems and I've not heard of anything else either...

I'm at about 3x that mileage, and mine runs better than new. I'm not worried.

trey

Sweet... That is what I wanted to hear! This bike is still on my someday list... :trust:

At 3K no issues, Traded in a BLVD C90T for the Red 07 non ABS and have no regrets. The C90,s have so many Issues, elec, FI, weak fork springs, pour handling, The Bandit is the first inline 4 ive had since a 76 KZ900 green, I couldnt be more pleased.

Bought my ABS Bandit June 07. No extended warranty (still have time if I decide to spend the $$) New back tire at 3,700 miles. Replaced rear tire cause the Dunlaps didn't seem to want to keep the tread on em.:zen:
I put the Continental Road Sport Attack 190 on it last week and it seems to be a great tire so far (really deep tread and was recommended by Dale Walker at Holeshot Performance).
No issues at all.......perfect bike!:clap:

Got mine Oct '07 and have 4600mi to date... absolutely not one issue. Have done a lot of DW's mods and the low-end torque is super. Had to replace rear tire about 4K so just went ahead and replaced both with Mich Power Pilots... exclt tires so far.

2500 miles since Dec 26. Only problem was a blown fuse from wiring my accessory lights directly into the low beam:doh: . Wired through a relay now. Oh, this bike also makes me spend money.. lots of money, to make a great bike even better :P

Back