• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Boulder Creek Ride

Reaction score
If you have not been... you need to!!! There is alot of riding to be had out there for all levels and all types of bikes, even for the big dualsport bikes. :rider:
240327555-M.jpg

240327587-M.jpg

240328424-M.jpg

240327598-M.jpg

240327858-M.jpg

240328205-M.jpg

240328473-M.jpg

Wow, I'd like to do that on my Strom 650. So yeah, when's the organized ride?!

If you have not been... you need to!!! There is alot of riding to be had out there for all levels and all types of bikes, even for the big dualsport bikes. :rider:
240327555-M.jpg

Looks great for mountain biking too! Where is this located?

Ralph Baker

When are you leading a ride for the Obese dual sport bikes?

Obese is not the way I look at it... There is something to be said for the rider who can take hours in the twisties and concour some respectable 4x4 roads.

If anyone is interested in an organized ride to boulder creek post your replies here and maybe we can get something setup!

Obese is not the way I look at it... There is something to be said for the rider who can take hours in the twisties and concour some respectable 4x4 roads.

I completely agree. Everything is a compromise. We rode out to BB with a group of Gold Wings one time. They had everything, even a porta potty. We had minimal camping gear. After arriving and setting up camp, we rode the jeep roads. They cruised around the park on the park roads going 45 mph.

I am sure they were more comfortable than we were, but there is no way they could have gone off pavement like we did.

Then again, a dirt bike would have been more fun on the jeep roads. But, I would have been crippled riding 2500 miles in 4 days on a dirt bike.

The beastly/obese DP bikes are the best bike for where I want to ride.

I enjoyed taking the Tiger down River Road in Big Bend. I conquered the road on the beast. I probably won't do it again though. :nono: Especially now that I have a DRZ400. The beast was not the right tool for the job but like many tools can be used for something other than what it was intended for.

They are open on all weekends and weekdays by special arrangements.
I rode last we and will be going back this Sunday. $25 per day plus $10 Insurance once per yr. They have a sale going on right now 1 yr for $199.

The Managers name is Hans - very nice guy and he is a advid rider.
Go to Marble Falls and East on 1431 6.1 miles watch for sign.

Bob
2007 TE510
2001 883/1200R

Well my friend and I went to Boulder Creek Sunday 1/13 and it has only
got better. More signage and lots more riders. Didnt go on the trails through
woods but saw lots of riders on the wide open trails. Quads, girlfriends, groups
and singles. Good time. I bought a year entry for $199. Went two weeks ago
and got credit for that entry too. Its only 30 min from my home in Spicewood
so I plan on making good use of the yearly rate. Hans has told me they plan on really working on those wide open trails so those of us that want to go a little faster will have a place to go. They also have some decent hill climbs it thats what floats your boat.
Bob

Back