• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLX250s in East Texas

Reaction score
Had a couple of good rides around Groveton this week. This is on the Carmona Rd to County line Rd.

Attachments

• klx2.jpg
    klx2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 201
  • klx1.jpg
    klx1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 191
I like it. On the dirt roads it is a near perfect bike for me. It is so much more stable and lighter than my old KLR650.

The seat bothered me at first but I must be getting my rear used to it. I took a 5 hour ride monday and a 4 hour ride today and it was good. The seat is not like the KLR but like I said.....you get tougher.

On the hiway about 70mph (indicated) is about it. It will get you down the road but it is not a powerful bike......hey...it's a 250.

I may get a second bike in the future .....(Lord,:angel: may I please have a Versys?)..... but the KLX is a keeper. It does what it is built to do very well.:mrgreen:

Doug

I've seen a couple of them at the local dealer but have never seen one out and about so I could ask about them. For the dirt roads and the forest trails they seem to be set up pretty good, after all it's a 250.

Have ridden in the okl. mnt's with a fellow.
Very capable bike,really smooth power.
Smallest exh exit I've ever seen.

I know what you mean about the exhaust opening. I really love my KLX-250. Mine has lost a bunch of weight & gained way more power. Exhaust, Gearing, Jetting, Air Box. After a few basic mods this is a very different (in a good way) bike, trust me.

I know what you mean about the exhaust opening. I really love my KLX-250. Mine has lost a bunch of weight & gained way more power. Exhaust, Gearing, Jetting, Air Box. After a few basic mods this is a very different (in a good way) bike, trust me.

Hey Oldermxer.......are you in the Highlands by Crosby? If so i am in Channelview. I would love to know more about the mods to your KLX.

thanks
Doug

Yes I live about 2 miles south of Crosby on hwy. 2100. Can't miss me I live on the Highlands MX property. We need to get together sometimes for sure.

Back