• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So I sent this email to Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) asking questions...

KenB

Reaction score
but would LOVE to hear opinion/comment/suggestions from the Bandit gurus here. I know Phil, Roy, and others (forgive me if I don't recall names) have installed some of these mods and I value your feedback. I'm certain to add the radiator guard, mirror extensions, and nerf bars for added protection. But I'm still teetering on a decision to add the touring slip-on/O2 bypass/air filter/tuning box. It's a fair chunk of change and there are only a handful of testimonies. Talk me in to it or talk me out of it. You're the salesman!

Here's the email I sent out tonight:

Hi Dale,

I've been admiring your work, products, and posts from afar over on maximum-suzuki.com and other boards since last summer. That's when I bought a 2007 Bandit 1250 ABS.

Since then I've added some accessories to it for touring -- a GPS and Suzuki (Givi) side cases and trunk. After 6 bikes over the last 10 years, I'm very pleased with this bike and hope to keep it for a long time.

I'm pleased with the look of the bike (although I'm flirting with adding a lower fairing!), but have an eye on enhanced performance and some functional mods.

Now that the kids' Spring tuition is behind me, here's what I'm considering:
1. Nerf bars
2. Radiator guard
3. Mirror extensions
4. Holeshot Touring Slip-On
5. TFI Tuning Box
6. O2 bypass module
7. K&N air filter

So, some questions:
1. Should I wait for your work-in-progress full exhaust system? Will it produce significantly more torque and/or HP than the above-mentioned list?
2.I'm not fond of really loud pipes, and neither is the wife. Am I in danger of pissing her off and frustrating myself by adding the touring slip-on?
3. The bike is under warranty. Do I risk voiding the warranty by adding Holeshot performance parts?

I've really enjoyed reading the admiration of your customers on the yamahafz1oa.com, maximum-suzuki.com, stromtroopers.com, and kawasakimotorcycle.org! The entrepeneurial spirit is alive and well!

Looking forward to your reply.

Back