• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rocks, Dust and loose screws... Gotdurt's B-day ride (Video!)

Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Fry
I always suspected I had a screw loose :phead:, but had I known it was the drain screw for the float bowl, I probably would have done something about it before the ride...:lol2:

What a day, went by too fast. Neat place, I'll post in more detail once I sort through the 40 minutes of video following Rusty.

Here we go...
I rolled up at about 9:30 and most of the guys were already there. The group made a warm-up run on some of the jeep roads, then Chris (Chris S), took Tony (disbanded), Bryan (OLDERMXER) and I on a single track tour. A few miles in, my bike suddenly wouldn't stay running... we stopped and Bryan points out that I was spewing gas :shock:. I get off to discover that the float bowl drain screw is missing... :scratch: I was dead in the water. After backtracking on foot to look for the needle in the haystack, we decided it was a lost cause and Chris and Bryan head back to camp to get a strap. I hike up the hill toward the main road to see if I can see the road and if it would be possible to tow out. At the top of the hill I see the road... about 5 feet from where I stood! What was better was that the camp was only about 1/2 mile away. I hooked up to the Tractor (Tony's KLR) for a tow out.

Once back I decide to make a run into Marble Falls to see if I could find a shop that might have a screw that I could rig it with. One of the BC guys told me where I could find a shop, and I set off. Once I found the shop, I went to the parts counter and told the guy what I was doing. Unlike the monkeys at Woods' he immediately 'got it' and headed into the service shop for a little while, then returned with a screw. "Maybe this will work" he said... not only was it something that 'might work' but it was the exact part! I asked what I owed him and he said nothing, so I bid him much thanks and was on my way...

**PLUG** Go see the folks at Kawasaki-Suzuki of Marble Falls if you need something while in the area...

I get back and everyone is out riding. I hang around for about an hour and folks come trickling back in. It's 3pm and most are done for the day. I talk Rusty (Woodbutcher) into doing some single track with me so I could tape someone riding...

As usual, the camera tends to flatten things out, but this hill was darn steep and Bryan didn't quite make it up. Note how difficult it is for Tony and Chris to stand and walk on it... Tony rubs it in a little at the top on the KLR :-P
(reduce the player size for better resolution)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uFRucCeo6Kk

Again, the camera flattens things out a bit, but this trail had a few tricks up its sleve. To get an idea of the steepness and technicality of some of the sections, just listen to the motor, sliding rear tire, stalls, and rattles...

Part 1 (7 min)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AQveWlLS1c8

Part 2 (13 min)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8946996853006932680&hl=en

Part 3 (6 min)
(This was a tight trail. Unfortunately the tape ended before we finished)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ov24fk4248s

If anyone wants to see the trails in more detail before you head out there, let me know and I'll try to find a way to get you a better quality video for download

Last edited:
Re: Rocks, Dust and loose screws... Gotdurt's B-day ride

Funny... I always KNEW you had a screw loose, a few nuts, some springs, and Lord knows what else... :lol2: I trust it was an injury free day?

And when is kid 2 due?

Funny... I always KNEW you had a screw loose, a few nuts, some springs, and Lord knows what else... :lol2: I trust it was an injury free day?

And when is kid 2 due?

:nana: Yep, injury free. A couple of guys dropped bikes, but their feet stayed on the ground and bodies mostly upright, so "it didn't count" :lol2:

Due April 6 :shock:

Yep, no helicopters or big yellow trucks. The only blood I saw was before we even fired up a bike when jbay donated some to his ramp. I know of two bikes that took dirt naps, only one rider that hit the ground.

I can't wait to see Casey's footage of me. Music should be Keystone Cops. I was all over the place. Stalling going down hills, sliding back down uphills, getting out of the saddle sideways in dips. That only happens when somebody is filming me though :trust:

I think we had 9 riders up at Fastmonstr's campsite and CBAT had 4 more with him. Anyway good fun. I'll get the pictures off the camera in after church tomorrow.

Great ride without any :flip: A good time was had by all. I got a few pictures but for the most part was too busy riding. The park is wonderful. Also, nice to be able to place a face with some names. It was a pleasure meeting everyone.

Do us right here. ;-) I'm sure this place is making it's way up alot of list:popcorn:

only one rider that hit the ground. [\QUOTE]

the ground hit me first :box: , should not have run up that hill, maybe with a billygoat, and yes I walked the CRF down the hill

still making a Crooked Creek ride with my son tommorow

it was a blast and nice to meet the DS loonies

Hey James, you thinking about knobbies for the Tiger yet?

no

funny, Rusty had a story about you on your old Tiger, and a Pie run to Marble Falls, and a water crossing on Cow Creek :lol2:

The whole time I was out there I was thinking, "Next front on my Tiger will be a TKC80." There are several two track roads that are Tiger freindly with some knobs on the front.

Okay, I've got some pictures to show, but the first is a poach from LumberJack on the Texas Offroad network. It's his son by the dinosaur track at Boulder creek. There are supposed to be more along the creek, but we didn't go looking this trip.

503353-KyleNdinotrack.jpg

Okay, on to mine. First is the camping area that Fastmonstr staked out and most of the riders and trucks that ended up there.
IMG_0361.jpg

This is a view from one of the two way trails around the perimeter of the place.

IMG_0364.jpg

Finally the water fall with Chopperbob in there for reference. He's 6' 3" or 4" so that may help with height.

IMG_0373.jpg

I have a short video of Bob climbing a hill, but I'm still figuring out hosting on that, so I'll post that later.

Okay, I updated my first post with a short ride report and some video...

Re: Boulder Creek - Feb 9 (Was Gotdurt's B-day ride SHNF)

Boulder Creek & all of the nice folks I met & rode with made the 4 hour drive well worth it. Thanks to everyone especially Casey for setting this ride up & to Chris for bailing me out on the hill I fell on. Couldn't make it up the hill once I fell & wasn't comfortable riding the stalled bake back down. I'll be back for sure, but will camp & do 2 days next time. Nice meeting everyone.

Bryan

Nice riding with ya Bryan, even though it was cut short by 'Casey's Law' :doh:

BTW, there's a video in my 1st post of your climb, or at least of when I showed up... ;-) (I moved your post from the other thread)

It was a fun day for sure. Can't wait to do it again.
And we will, soon. I feel jyped, only got in 30 miles and spent what seemed like 1/2 my day in the car. I say the first weekend after the next rain... I'm saving my birthday money from Grandma for a few more trips out there before it starts getting hot :mrgreen:. I'm going to tear that place up next time :twisted: Keep yer weekends open my friend...

Awesome place. 37 miles from my house! I put over 100 miles on my WR over the weekend.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the best place in Texas to ride. There is something there for everyone.

I bought a membership and will be spending a lot of time there.

Cheers!

Matthew

Looks like Rusty had a heck of a time. I was tempted to blame it on tires at first til I got a good look at what he was running, then I had to revise that and blame it all on Casey making him nervous. My favorite part was the near getoff over the small ravine on #3. hehehe..I'm just evil that way.

Looks like Rusty had a heck of a time. I was tempted to blame it on tires at first til I got a good look at what he was running, then I had to revise that and blame it all on Casey making him nervous. My favorite part was the near getoff over the small ravine on #3. hehehe..I'm just evil that way.

Because the tape ran out you missed another one like that. My favorite was on #3 when I got hung up going between two trees. It wasn't as obvious on tape as it was in real life. They were closer together than my bars and offset by a small amount. I managed to clip both of them, but stay upright. Stopped me dead in my tracks though. Thank goodness for bark busters and a stabilizer. I'd have been an unhappy puppy without them.

Looks like Rusty had a heck of a time. I was tempted to blame it on tires at first til I got a good look at what he was running, then I had to revise that and blame it all on Casey making him nervous.
Yea, I'm not the most fun person to be in front of :rolleyes:. I did try to give him a bit of room though and still be close enough for good video. I also tried to back off on the more technical parts.

He really didn't have that hard of a time, at least not on the harder stuff. I guess he was trying harder. We went through a few sections that were pretty steep and harry, but you couldn't really tell.

My favorite part was the near getoff over the small ravine on #3. hehehe..I'm just evil that way.
That one was actually a bit harrier than it looked. Had a steep, rocky approach, a compound dip, then a good climb out.

He had no excuse on the last one though, that the tape ran out before... he was spared :-P

Last edited:
Im glad that everyone had a good time. Matthew, good to hear you bought a membership. Great place to take the family camping and the riding is a bonus. I cant tell you how much I like BC and thats without riding the single track although I am leaning towards buying some barkbusters and going for it.
I'm still committed to riding with by beginer friend.
I have to admit though its a lot dustier when your not the first one.
Was nice to meet everybody and I learned something new as always.
Rusty provided some entertainment with his kill switch routine.
Bob

Back