• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Birthday Ride in the Hill Country

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
I thought I would do something a little different for a ride report this time. I made a video of BMWbabe and me riding in the Hill Country for her birthday. Enjoy!

fixed!

Last edited:
Aww, I can't see video files from work! :giveup:

Very nice!

How about a quick re-cap of the equipment and software you use?

At all, or just that one? I couldn't see it until I removed the " marks from the tag.

Any streaming video or audio gets caught up in the firewall. Now I have to sit here and wonder how awesomely amazing the video came out and I can't see it until later tonight! TORTURE!

Very nice!

How about a quick re-cap of the equipment and software you use?

Thanks! Very simple set up: Pentax Optio W10 point-n-shoot camera in video mode and a standard RAM camera mount attached to the bars just inside the left grip/clutch assembly. I've experimented with video on the bike before, but it was always too shaky, or to avoid the shakes I had to mount the camera in a place where I couldn't control it while riding. This is the first time I've used this mount, and I am happy so far. I haven't tried my regular video camera yet (a Canon ZR65 MC), but I'm pretty sure it will work OK. There will be some limits to the size of the camera that can be used with this mount and still be stable, but I think most compact consumer video or still cameras will work just fine. The stills were mostly shot with my Nikon D80, but there were one or two in there shot with the Pentax.

Editing: I'm a Mac guy, so I used iMovie '08. The voice-overs were recorded with the built-in mic on my MacBook.

I recognize that rearend... errr... flashing light :duck: :lol2: Great vid :clap: Like the fog :trust: HB Mollie :sun:

Back