• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph Sprint Screen on banner image

Reaction score
In this banner image, what brand and type of screen is that on the Sprint (with the tankbag) on the right? Is that a ST or RS?
logo47.gif

I want to get a new screen but I don't want one of the monsters like the factory available touring screen.

:tab Brian "brd" Duelm submitted that picture. He had a sprint and now has a VFR. From the yellow sticker in the center of that windscreen, I would guess that is the smiley face sticker on Steve "eL Donut" Duncan's bike and thus a Sprint ST. That was probably pre-buzzard strike... I think it was a Zero-Gravity touring screen, but not the double bubble.

Adios,

Looks like a Zero Gravity screen to me, I have one on my 900SS and they are excellent.

That's Steve's bike. I'm pretty sure it was a ZG touring.

I had a Triumph touring screen on my Sprint. It was huge and ugly, but it was great on long trips and in the wintertime.

Aye, right on both counts. Zero Gravity "sport touring screen"

And yes Scott that was a pre buzzard shot ;-)

I also have the ZG, double bubble, tinted, which i like a lot, I only run the Sport touring screen in the winter (I've got another one)

The one in the pic, i believe i bought from Brian, after his total. The one I have now, I bought from Mito, after his total. :shrug:

I have nothing to sell you Steve... :shock:

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
I have nothing to sell you Steve... :shock:

Adios,

I don't think there is anything off your GS I can use 8-)

Go pick up a Sprint-ST, and I'll bet you can come up with something ;-)

Have a 128mb chip for a Street Pilot? I could use one of those. :mrgreen:

That must be one heck of an ST if they think they are going to get that kind of cash for it!! Of course, that assumes that price is in American dollars...

Adios,

hehe... been pricing another bike...?

You can get loaded 04 Adventures for much less than that with low miles on them!

Adios,

More window shopping than really pricing. I know there are better deals on low-mileage bikes, but I am kinda weird about used bikes. I like the feeling that all the miles on the odo "belong" to "us" (me & the bike). I think it makes the bike feel more loved. weird, huh? :eek: :oops: I guess I could make a used bike feel loved, kinda like it was orphaned & then adopted by a new loving family?

STrider said:
More window shopping than really pricing. I know there are better deals on low-mileage bikes, but I am kinda weird about used bikes. I like the feeling that all the miles on the odo "belong" to "us" (me & the bike). I think it makes the bike feel more loved. weird, huh? :eek: :oops: I guess I could make a used bike feel loved, kinda like it was orphaned & then adopted by a new loving family?

Matt, That's exactly what I did with my current ST. I "rescued" it from an abusive family :lol: Well, not really abusive, more like neglectful. Guy I got the bike from had it for over three years, it only had 2800 miles on it, and he kept it under a tarp, in the backyard under a tree. I call that neglect :shock:

Seems he and his buddies saw Mission Impossible and he had to have one of them cool Triumphs. Dealer talked him out of a Daytona. Fat guy had no idea how to ride. All his buds rode Harley's.

Man, but I did get a good deal on the bike. I'd tell ya how much, but it would just make all the Sprint-ST owners cry :roll:

It's been a great bike too! Perfect. No issues at all, at about 25K now. Twice as good a bike as my first ST that I bought new.

I wished I would of had some knobbies on it, just to get her out of his soggy backyard :lol:

I literally do feel like I rescued the bike from a terrible fate. Brian D, was with me when I bought her, and he felt the same way, without either of us talking about it.

You should have seen this place, little tiny shanty shack in the "bad" part of Arlington. To this day I can hear this bike whispering to me "thank you, thank you, for letting me run free and fast, and long, like I was meant to do".

She's a keeper. :-D

Yeah, Steve's bike purchase reminded me of that part in "Traffic" where Michael Douglas goes into that slum and rescues his daughter back from being a crackwhore.

He had to push the Sprint through the mud to get it out of the backyard. :mad: Too bad there's no Motorcycle Cruelty Society you can call to rescue mistreated bikes.

Back