• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tank Bags

Mitral

Reaction score
I am looking for the "just right" tank bag. I have never used a magnetic tank bag, but have alot of experience with the strap tank bags.

I am currently thinking about the Givi T429 Magnetic Bag along with similar models from other manufacturers. I must admit that I am quite intrigued by the Engage Sport by Bags Connection. I really have heard good things about the bag, and the gas cap locking mechanism. Does anyone have any experience with this bag on their 1250? It's is really tough to judge how a bag will work on a specific tank shape from a bunch of pictures, especially of other bikes.....

That one tank bag looks really nice as it doesn't make contact with your tank to mess up the paint....Great idea!

The Rapid Transit Recon 19 has a very good shape for the Suzuki Bandit 1250 and SV650 gas tanks. And the magnetic attachment is very secure.

The guys over on the SVRider forum really like it, I bought the bag based on their recommendations.

My only quibble with the bag is that it has a narrow map pocket. But the fit and construction are excellent.

I bought mine at New Enough:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/...it/recon_19_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html

Ed.

i'm also looking for a tank bag. Has anyone had a magnetic one fall off due to just riding or high winds? Thats the only thing that worries me. I like the looks of the Recon 19

When you experience how well the Recon 19 magnets grab that steel gas tank you will have no concerns. As you set the bag in place on the tank they lock it down with authority.

No, it won't come off unintentionally; that thing is really on there.

Not all magnetic bags work as well, however. I have a Cortech Super Mini that I like to use for tiny loads, so I tried a few of the larger Cortech bags on the SV. I could easily lift the front of these other bags right off of the SV tank.

Ed.

A few words of advice to anyone using or thinking of using a magnetic bag. Get in the habit of examining the bag for bits of metal before putting it on the bike.
Bad things can happen if you happen to pick up a small piece of steel and then head out with it on the bike. You can imagine the results. :doh:

I have a decent sized Cortec magnetic and like it for what I use it for which is my phone, glasses, camera, smokes and a drink at times. I think it might be 15L? No chance of it coming off the tank, but it's not superman magnetic either.

Map pockets??? Who uses those anymore? :lol2:

I'm also looking for a new tank bag and leaning toward the Bags-Connection Engage bag from twistedthrottle.com. I put it out to the masses over at advrider.com and got back some great photos and feedback. Here's another more recent thread about these bags: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246912&highlight=bags-connection

Those are pretty slick. There's a fellow on ADV who used the quick-lock ring on a small Pelican case, great idea.

I wish they would sell JUST the ring connectors so I could make my own, but you're forced to buy a bag or camera mount and then hack it up... to the tune of $70+.

trey

Those are pretty slick. There's a fellow on ADV who used the quick-lock ring on a small Pelican case, great idea.

I wish they would sell JUST the ring connectors so I could make my own, but you're forced to buy a bag or camera mount and then hack it up... to the tune of $70+.

trey

nice looking setup. a little more than i want to spend

Back