• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Getting it up on the Center stand...Any special technique ?

Reaction score
Hey everyone...Anyone have any tips or tricks to get the bike up on the center stand ?

Get rid of the boat anchor stock muffler and it gets alot easier.;-)

For me, putting my Bandit up on the center stand is very easy.

I swing the stand down with my right foot, and while holding it down against the floor, I grab the frame right behind the passenger footrest bracket and pull the bike right on up. :rider:

The key is not to pull back on the bike. Find a nice handhold back on the tailsection (the passenger footpeg usually works pretty well, or the subframe). Grab that with your right hand and lift straight up, while putting all your weight on the centerstand with your right foot. Use your left hand on the handlebar just as a guide, don't try and pull on it. It'll come right up.

Yeppers. If I can use that technique to pop up an 850lb K-LT, it will work on any bike. 8-)

I'll toss this suggestion out that really helped me. Grab the handle bar with your left hand and turn the bars full left. This will stabilize the bike as you work the centerstand with your foot. The bike will yaw a little as you push down on the stand but not having the bars free-float will give a more secure feeling and help prevent going over-center away from you.

Edit to add.... it was pointed out the other day that I do this "goofy-footed" - a snowboard/skateboard term for using the wrong foot. I use my left foot on the stand (handlebars still locked left) as it seems to put my body more in the center of the action. YMMV.

Thanks for the tips guys !

I was doing exactly what I wasn't supposed to be doing.

After the tips I went out side and tried pushing down with my leg and lifting up the rear and it came up easy! :-)

Now for a variation on this question ..... how do you guys get the Bandit OFF the center stand?

On older bikes I used to be able to sit on the bike and rock forward off the center stand. The Bandit is pretty big so I have to stand alongside and push it forward off the stand. Now I stand on the left side, grab the left bar and the grab rail behind the seat to pull the bike forward.

I used to do it from the right side, until I realized I had no way to be sure the side stand was locked in the down position, just in case.

Any tips?

Aloha,
Huladog

Now for a variation on this question ..... how do you guys get the Bandit OFF the center stand?

On older bikes I used to be able to sit on the bike and rock forward off the center stand. The Bandit is pretty big so I have to stand alongside and push it forward off the stand. Now I stand on the left side, grab the left bar and the grab rail behind the seat to pull the bike forward.

I used to do it from the right side, until I realized I had no way to be sure the side stand was locked in the down position, just in case.

Any tips?

Aloha,
Huladog

No real tips, but this is how I get the Bandit off the center stand, I sit on the bike grabe the front brake, rock it forward then back, then when I am going back forward I let off the brake and push forward, so for no probs and it come down every time.

No real tips, but this is how I get the Bandit off the center stand, I sit on the bike grabe the front brake, rock it forward then back, then when I am going back forward I let off the brake and push forward, so for no probs and it come down every time.

+1

Dink

Back