• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone using fuel management system with stock exhaust ?

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys are using a TFI box or power commander or other fuel management device with the stock exhaust....

I understand that there is a bit of a lean spot from 2,000 to 4000 rpm for emissions that can result in a slight surging or might be responsible for some of the slight vibes in that area and that richening up the A/F ratio really smooth it out....

Alot of these systems that you can purchase come with maps for use with an aftermarket exhaust but I would like to keep the stock exhaust because I like it quiet, yet I'd like the benefits of correcting the A/F ratio...

Anyway, if anyone is using one were you able to notice an improvement.

I was wondering if any of you guys are using a TFI box or power commander or other fuel management device with the stock exhaust...

I understand that there is a bit of a lean spot from 2,000 to 4000 rpm for emissions that can result in a slight surging or might be responsible for some of the slight vibes in that area and that richening up the A/F ratio really smooth it out....

Alot of these systems that you can purchase come with maps for use with an aftermarket exhaust but I would like to keep the stock exhaust because I like it quiet, yet I'd like the benefits of correcting the A/F ratio...

The best thing you can do is to go with a Power Commander and take it to a tuner to build you a custom map on the dyno. You don't need an aftermarket exhaust to benefit from a custom tune.

Back