• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

More Billet Goodies

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
Billet Pair Valve Block Off Plates

I already plugged off the PAIR valves with tapered rubber plug in the air supply line when I installed my Scorpion muffler, but as I am getting ready to perform some maintenance on my Bandit here in the next couple of months which includes a valve adjustment along with balancing the throttle bodies, I decided to make performing the work a little easier.

So to get rid of some of the plumbing I took one of the PAIR valves off this afternoon and drew up a billet block off plate with clearance holes for the reed valve screws. I'll install them and pull off all the PAIR valve system hoses when I do the valve adjustment in a couple of months.

I will also be finishing up my first set of custom billet footpeg brackets tomorrow that I am machining up on one of the Hass CNC mills at school and they look pretty cool.

The block off plates are a very simple part to draw up in MasterCam and generate the G-code for, so I am going to squeeze them in before the end of this semester next week. :rider:

17bdde0932de5d22499c14951a9ed04b0_large.jpg

0f6d8577690a65447900be184c5768eb0_large.jpg

Last edited:
What are the 4 recesses in the 2nd drawing for?

Whenever you remove the stock reed valve cover plates and install block off plates, you need to either make a gasket for the block off plates or leave the reed valves in place to act as a gasket, which is what I always prefer to do ans is better than a gasket IMHO as they will not let any hot exhaust gases back through the valve due to their one way flow design, as they only allow flow into the engine and not out, and rather than having to grind down the ends of the four reed valves screws, I find it always easier to just drill clearance holes for them in plates instead.

As far as the holes are concerned, they are clearance for the ends of the four screws that attach the two reed valves to each of the PAIR valves assemblies, and seeing as how the ends of the four screws protrude past the top surface of the reed valve, without the clearance holes in the plates, the block off plates would not sit down evenly againt the rubber sealing surface of the reed valves. :rider:

Excellent work Dude...You've got mad skills there......:sun:

P.S. How is the rack fabrication coming?....*wink wink...nudge nudge....know what I mean?*.....

This will be interesting...You may be the first one to make these for the Bandit 1250.

PAIR valve blockoff plates

I have my first set of CNC machined PAIR valve blockoff plates that I machined up at college last week finished and ready to install and validate the design then I can proceed with having some more made up.

I am going to be installing my new K&N air filter and some new spark plugs on Tuesday at which time I intent to take all the PAIR valve sytem off and install the blockoff plates. :rider:

03e60ca8a6254875d86ea7a727f412270_large.jpg

Interested in selling a set? I am planning a valve adjustment soon and had planned on cleaning all that PAIR crap up and ditching the EVAP can.

shoot me a PM and let me know.

Interested in selling a set? I am planning a valve adjustment soon and had planned on cleaning all that PAIR crap up and ditching the EVAP can.

shoot me a PM and let me know.

I've got the blockoff plates and my sport rack out for bids right now and I hope to have them both available soon. :rider:

PAIR valve blockoff plates

Heres a picture of them mounted on my engine, and it sure makes it a lot easier to perform a valve adjustment with all of the PAIR hoses and crap removed. :rider:

dc1ac7b294e340cec893d34bdb7e73c90_large.jpg

Back