• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Get out and ride this weekend

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I will be riding up from my house in Lancaster CA up to Carson City NV again at 5am tomorrow morning to spend the weekend with my girlfriend and although almost all the snow is now gone, the High Sierra's are maybe even more beautiful in the summer time.

I'll take some more pix on this trip and post them up when I get back, but here a pix from my second to my last trip up there two months ago. I be putting around 1000 miles on the bike this trip and I hope you all get out and ride and enjoy the 4th of July this weekend. :rider:

This picture is locking south from the top of Conway Summit looking towards Mono Lake which is where the movie High Plains Drifter starring Clint Eastwood was filmed.
PatriciasTrips008.jpg

Oh sure. Rub in that California scenery, why don't you? I'll be riding the same old flat (but tree-lined) Virginia Coast this weekend. You know, every time I see pictures of California it makes me look through job opportunities in the Sacramento area - my home town - pre NAVY. Navy stuck me out here since 1983 and I miss it.

Oh sure. Rub in that California scenery, why don't you? I'll be riding the same old flat (but tree-lined) Virginia Coast this weekend. You know, every time I see pictures of California it makes me look through job opportunities in the Sacramento area - my home town - pre NAVY. Navy stuck me out here since 1983 and I miss it.

Yup life doesn't get any better than riding 378 miles up through some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere and then spending a romantic weekend with your girlrfriend, bikes and women, two of my favorite things. :rider: :eat:

Seriously though - I'd love to see some pictures of my beautiful California when you get back. ****, I'm thinking of taking a "motorcycle" vacation out there someday (I'd have to rent - I'm not riding all the way from Virginia for that). Safe travels!

I'll do about 1700+/- between thursday morning and sunday afternoon.:rider:

I will be close to 16k on the 1250 when I get back.:mrgreen:

and I rarely ever take any pictures......

Back