• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New VFR?

mjacks

Reaction score
1aug-6-front.jpg

I haven't seen this posted up yet so I figured I would throw this out. I think it looks pretty sharp. I like the blue GT model pictured. Anyone know if this picture is legit or not?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2008/august/4-10/aug0508-new-mcn-august-6/?R=EPI-102137

Oh I like.
I kinda like the pic of the VTR250 in the lower left corner too.
What, Honda makes some new interesting models? Is the sky falling?

I think there's a chance they have access to some good, legit data on an upcoming new version of the Interceptor. Personally, I think the idea of 2 versions of a VFR (sport and GT) is appealing. The pictures appear to be pure photochop. As has been pointed out on vfrd.com, you can still see the upswept exhaust pipe that leads to the underseat exhaust on the current production model: why would this be needed on a bike with the exhaust exiting down low?

The rumor mill has been at it on an annual basis for the VFR for some years now, but this time there may be something actually coming forth. September official news date is the general consensus, IF Honda brings out a new bike.

So MCN says we get a new Viffer. Again. They've been saying this for quite some time now.

While I'm all cool with there being a new Viffer, I ain't getting my hopes up till Mother Honda announces something besides "bold new graphics"

And why does that VFR look so much like a GSX-R? :scratch:

I'll believe it when I see it in the dealership...

Those photoshops look SAAAWEEEEEEEET!!! I bet it would cost a fortune though....

Okay, that might have me back in a Honda showroom, especially the GT.

The article on the site says that it is a "computer generated image" of a bike seen testing in "prototype stages". Prototype doesn't equate to Production. I've seen plenty of sweet prototypes I wish had been built.

"Sources close to the factory" claim that it will make a debut October 7th and go on sale in 09.

They are claiming a V5, push button shift, brake by wire, variable cylinder tech, and shaft drive.

It may be that the front three cylinders exit low on the side while the rear two go out up under the seat. I've seen some other exhausts designed like that.

I'm not holding my breath, I'll believe this bike exists when I see them on the road.

EDIT:

One of the admins posted a schematic on the site that they claim was filed by Honda for the patent. It shows the exhaust routed out the back two and down into the collector for the exhaust.

VFR-1000-patent-drawing.jpg

If they come out with a 1000cc VFR w/ a V5, I may be trading in the Busa rather than selling it. :)

Same rumor has been going on for years as others have said. I hope it stays a rumor, I am almost debt free.

The article on the site says that it is a "computer generated image" of a bike seen testing in "prototype stages". Prototype doesn't equate to Production. I've seen plenty of sweet prototypes I wish had been built.

Yes, that's clear by simply looking at the rendering. But there were similar renderings of the ZX12, GSXR1000, and countless others prior to their releases. The accusation that the art was "photochopped" implies hoaxery.

Like many here, I too will believe it when I see it. But pre-release renderings are common in moto publications, usually providing a good general idea of how the production version will look.

I don't think that a v5 would be really any better than a v4 or even an inline 4...Get's folks excited though...

Look at the frame.....anybody else see where they just photoshopped some existing bikes together then tried to dress it up?

I hate the way the tail end looks. just like the CBR's or FZR's. I love the way the mufler looks like tho.

Actually the VTR250 already exist in Japan for the last 10years i would say... Some of those made it to Europe and Australia as used imports.

vtr250%20blue.jpg

Actually the VTR250 already exist in Japan for the last 10years i would say... Some of those made it to Europe and Australia as used imports.

vtr250%20blue.jpg

Wow, cool looking bike. It wouldn't be trouble selling a ton of those in the states right now.

Back