• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beta 525 enduro

Reaction score
I picked up a used Beta 525 enduro a month or so ago

008_G_001.sized.jpg

This bike is to be my racer (hare scrambles/enduros and Torcs) and my short run Dual sport bike.

The bike came already set up for Dual sport.. blinkers, mirrors etc.

I immediately took them off as I was heading to the woods and didn't want to damage the units until I was ready for inspection.

The bike is Itallian but comes with an KTM RFS engine and Linkage suspension

It's the six speed unit that came on the 04 to 07 exc. and yes... it has the magic button.

fit and finish on this bike is excellent though the aftermarket IMS big tank is a little wide at the seat junction (not beta's fault) but still ... the bike is still very narrow. bike comes with really nice parts and there's really no need for a lot of changing to make race ready

Bike came gear very tall (15/45) and needed to be geared down for woods (14/50) that gave it some low end grunt and torque.

the 510 cc motor is very smooth and not arm yanking like a CRF 450. though it will torque or rev out when you tell it too.

Jetting was off..... I finally went to a JD jet kit. using the 172 main red needle at the 4th down clip position.. idle jet at 3/4 turns out.

Seat.. the stock seat was a stiff board.. Beta must have been influenced by KTM as their seats are very compairble in firmness. those europeans must have different backsides than us americans as I can't see why they like their seats so hard.. a quick fix was ordering the Beat tall seat.. though not as hard as the oem.. it's still pretty stiff but is breaking in well.

Custom set up.. to make the bike fit my style better I did some tweeks to the stock bike

IMS big tank (3.2 gallon)
Protaper woods low handle bar
BRP upper fork clamps with UTB mounted Scott Stablizer
American Beta Racing graphics.
Carbon fiber fork and pipe guards
acerbis hand guard/bark busters
Spider grips.

Riding impression:

Woods: wow.. she can handle the tightest sections with ease. this bike can turn and is very netural. steering is very precise.

stock suspension is a tad soft but excellent in real tight techical rocky sections. after dialing in it could handle the bigger bumps very well and didn't do anything funny.

Since the engine is very smooth.. this bike really doesn't tire me out. It's very simular to my old CRF 270 big bore.. with a lot more torque..

Moto:

the bike and and engine is great for turning.. handles any of the moto turns with ease

jumps were a little hard as the spring rates are way to soft for airing the bike out.

The beta would protest on flat landings by bottoming harshly.. this problem is easily fixed by going up on the spring rates.

-----------------

Overall rating.. I give the Beta an B+/A- right out to the box.

bikes are available at Munn Racing in Waco http://www.munnracing.com/
Chip and Big Jim are awesome and can get any part for the bike in 4 days

American beta has great support and returns emails with in a few days

I would highly recommend considering a Beta for your next purchase

more info at

www.americanbeta.com

Back