• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Milan Show: Ducati Shot First

Reaction score
Ducati has introduced a new model: the Streetfighter. A naked 1098.
See here:
http://www.motonline.com/
Yamaha has also introduced a revised version of their Majesty 400 and a naked version of the FJ600 introduced last month.
Honda should uncover their new models tomorrow.

Nice.

What were they thinking with the clutch and brake reservoirs? You are excused on faired buke but on this bike they stand out.

LED blinkers on the mirrors would have been nice too.

Can I ride it?

Thanks Raul. Now those are the first things I see on the bike.

I was thinking the same thing Raul, but also that the mirrors look silly sticking out like they do. Bar ends would be a must :trust: Otherwise... :drool:

I'm not really diggin it. The front 1/3 looks like Bugs Bunny meets Battlestar Galactica or something. the mirrors, reservoirs, and radiators look like they were thrown on without much thought. Doesnt flow well with the rest of the bike. Im sure its a beast, but Im just not digging it that much. Hopefully it looks better in person

1-Streetfighter-S1.jpg

I like it, but then again I ride a Superduke R.

I would think that such a bike would only cannibalize sales from their Monster?

UGLY.

And I don't say that often...

A few pics from the show:

Attachments

• Streetfighter.jpg
    Streetfighter.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Streetfighter 1.jpg
    Streetfighter 1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Streetfighter 2.jpg
    Streetfighter 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 198
Here are the new Yamahas:

Attachments

• XJ600 4.jpg
    XJ600 4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 197
  • XJ600 3.jpg
    XJ600 3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 170
  • XJ600 2.jpg
    XJ600 2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 173
  • XJ600.jpg
    XJ600.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 186
And the new Majesty 400:

Attachments

• Majesty 400.jpg
    Majesty 400.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Majesty 400 1.jpg
    Majesty 400 1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Majesty 400 2.jpg
    Majesty 400 2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 178
The Duc is so ugly it makes a V-Strom look good.

It's different. As for the parts that look tacked on as afterthoughts, I thought the point of a streetfighter was to have a stripped superbike. It's supposed to look naked, like something should be covering it.

It's different. As for the parts that look tacked on as afterthoughts, I thought the point of a streetfighter was to have a stripped superbike. It's supposed to look naked, like something should be covering it.

Except when it is $14k

I rarely ever say this, but I actually like the Duc in red better than black. Get rid of the resevoirs, mirros and that goofy freaking headlight (and give me one heck of a raise) and I might actually park the 919 every once in a while.

I kind of like the FJ as well. And I agree, it does seem to take a good bit of influence from the FZ's, but they did what I'd like to do to an FZ1 and that's get rid of all that goofy plastic (no offense).

I rarely ever say this, but I actually like the Duc in red better than black. Get rid of the resevoirs, mirros and that goofy freaking headlight (and give me one heck of a raise) and I might actually park the 919 every once in a while.

I kind of like the FJ as well. And I agree, it does seem to take a good bit of influence from the FZ's, but they did what I'd like to do to an FZ1 and that's get rid of all that goofy plastic (no offense).

they make an FZ1-N (N for naked), but it never made it into the US due to a percieved lack of demand.

FZ1N.jpg

The FJ looks like a closer descendant of the Gen I FZ1.

Yeah, I've seen those (FZ1-N) and thought they were pretty decent, but alas, not on this side of the big puddle. I've seen where a few people have made their FZ's naked and liked that, but when I was considering getting one when I got the 919, I realized I didn't want to have to work that hard to get what I wanted. Then I found my 919 and it was all over. :) :rider:

looks like Z1000 with aftermarket pipes and a lot of details from Superduke...

Back