• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2009 KTM street bikes

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Collins
Released so far at Milan

2009 RC8-R with pumped up motor, uprated suspension, and some chassis tweaks:
409969289_v8y7o-L.jpg

ktmrc8r-10692-002-f.jpg

30830_d29af45b1d4278_m.jpg

2009 SD-R gets BNG:
30817_5bf7bfc9baa0f3_m.jpg

30812_eec69f3434f319_m.jpg

KTM's answer to the MultiStrada the SMT 990:
ktm990supermotot-10687-015-f.jpg

ktm990supermotot-10687-010-f.jpg

409966292_fJuHp-L.jpg

990 Adventure(1st pic) and Adventure R(2nd pic):
409968878_4Tieq-L.jpg

409968869_hnQGG-L.jpg

The Adventure is the only decent looking bike in the lineup...

Everything else looks like Batman rejects...

The Adventure is the only decent looking bike in the lineup...

Everything else looks like Batman rejects...

:eek2:

Every one of those bikes look INCREDIBLE (to me of course)!!! And holy cow, that SMT 990! Must.... not.... loook........

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I like the STM, but alas, am way too short for any KTMs other than the maisto I already own.

Why is this in user reviews?

I like the STM, but alas, am way too short for any KTMs other than the maisto I already own.

Why is this in user reviews?

I'm not sure. I posted it in General, but it was moved here.

dunno about SD-r, but they are not bringing over SD to states. they only have like 3-4 bikes in lc8 coming over for 09. at least what dealers can order. think the adventurer, 950 super enduro, rc-8(tho orders had to be done by dec 31st with $1k deposit) and 08 superdukes. ill have to double check. the SM and such is not coming..least according to our rep.

dunno about SD-r, but they are not bringing over SD to states. they only have like 3-4 bikes in lc8 coming over for 09. at least what dealers can order. think the adventurer, 950 super enduro, rc-8(tho orders had to be done by dec 31st with $1k deposit) and 08 superdukes. ill have to double check. the SM and such is not coming..least according to our rep.

No SD-R either. It's a one year wonder for the US. Glad I got mine.

how do u like seat? heard thats worst seat in world of motorcyling... at least what couple of SD owners here say.

how do u like seat? heard thats worst seat in world of motorcyling... at least what couple of SD owners here say.

I actually like it. It's far better than the seat on my Z1000 was and I'd rank it as every bit as comfy as the seats on my previous TLR and GSXR1k. The only issue I have with it is that it digs into my thigh(whichever foot is down) when I am stopped at a light, but that could have something to do with my very short inseam on a very tall bike.

cool, thanks for info. guys here read on ktm forums, guys complaining on seats on R model bad. We dont have any of the bikes in this area, so all we have is what we read. one of guys looked at parts list to change everything on his SD to all parts from SD-R. It would something crazy cost to do it.

thats what they are. they are full blown dirtbikes with lights on them. sold one to guy that rides to outdoor trail place, goes thru trails, then rides home. they are pretty salty for street. i would get into alot of trouble riding one..mainly on one wheel im sure. but way cool, just not cheap.

Back