• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member From Utopia

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Scott
Hello people. I'm new to TWT but been riding since I learned on a Harley 125 when I was 15, back in 1956. Since my folks didn't want me having dangerous motorcycles (ok for me to ride with others) I didn't get my own bike til 1962 when I was stationed in Scotland for the USAF. I've been through a lot on bikes of all kinds, mostly sports bikes, but now as an old codger I ride a little Vulcan 900 Custom and my XT225 to exercise the dogs (3).

I'm a PGR member and on a few other forums... didn't even actually know this one existed, but it looks more my style.

Hope to get to know most of you.

Welcome!! You've joined lots of great folks that hang out here. Be sure and check out the Pie Run threads. Hope we have a chance to ride together and share some PIE soon!! :rider: :eat:

Thanks troops... looking through this thread I see lots of places I've lived. Born in Corpus, have lived in San Antonio, Dallas, Garland, Mesquite, Bedford, Ft. Worth and Denton. Also lived in Ayr, Scotland and Biloxi/Gulfport Mississippi while in the USAF.

My first bike was a Matchless 500 tandum twin... a real shaker.

Been in two m/c accidents, but the first I was in the cage and a guy glanced off me from the rear and met his death head on... made me give my bike to a friend and stay off for 8 years, but finally got back on and still love it.

I just updated my bike with some bling, so I'll clean it up tomorrow (live on a dirt road and my bike only stays clean til the next time I use it) and take a few pics.

Welcome to the site. My Dad was also in the Air Force. Joined sometime in the late 50's and retired in 1976.

He had a '47 Indian Chief for 3 days. The way I remember the story is, he dropped the bike going around a corner near a service station and broke his leg. He supposedly sold the bike to someone on the spot.

His youngest brother nearly lost his lower left leg in a motorcycle accident. My Dad has hated bikes ever since. Although, he did buy my older brother and I our Briggs and Stratton powered minibikes.

Welcome to the site!

I love it here. A great place to live where people leave you alone unless you need help, then they're there for you. I do want to say that I have 8 acres on the prettiest place on the river and any of you guys are welcome to camp here anytime you want to plan it. All forum members are welcome and of course you're my guest, so no charge. I have great swimming in summer and I feed the catfish so there's big ones ready for your frying pan. We have several places you can pitch your tents and if you have special needs, there's an indoor place for you. Just PM or email me to make plans. This is a serious and everlasting offer.

You will have to put up with my continuous reconstruction projects for my old farmhouse and my 3 friendly dogs... maybe too friendly. Gator, Siete and Thriller.

I'll make a special thread for the invitation so more people will see it, along with some pictures... of course that means I have to mow first.

Back