• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Start praying to the gods of motorcycling...

pacman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
for Kawasaki to bring the 2009 ZRX1200 DAEG to America.

You'll have to weed through the Engrish, but I think you can get the general gist.

Fuel injection
6 speed
D-shaped cross section tubular swingarm
Electronic clocks
Revised styling
New shocks/fork
New seat
"Y" spoke wheels
And quite a few other little changes...
Looks like they've done away with the stripes in favor of solid paint schemes.

I want it.

002l.jpg

Last edited:
After the new Bandit 1250 has had so much success, how can anyone not see the need for bikes of this type. It seems the FZ1 and the Bandit make a good case for liter class sporty standards. Now if Honda could ante up the CB1300F that would be very cool indeed.

I sat on a used ZRX today and it's hard to imagine Kawasaki does not have a market for this bike in the US.

I hope they bring it over. Time will tell.

After the new Bandit 1250 has had so much success, how can anyone not see the need for bikes of this type. It seems the FZ1 and the Bandit make a good case for liter class sporty standards. Now if Honda could ante up the CB1300F that would be very cool indeed.

I sat on a used ZRX today and it's hard to imagine Kawasaki does not have a market for this bike in the US.

I hope they bring it over. Time will tell.

The Bandit and FZ1 are a different category, Kawasaki has the Z1000 to compete with those bikes.

The ZRX never had similar competition in US other than the Sportclassics from Ducati and the Retro looking models from Triumph.

The Export model might have The Eddie lawson Theme or other similar striping!

I never really thought the Z1000 compared well with the Bandit or FZ1. It's too street-fighter-ish, or boy-racer-ish. The Bandit, FZ1 and ZRX are "grown up" bikes, the Z1000 is a kids bike. I know, I know, it's a a very capable sport-standard, probably superior to the ZRX in every measurable catagory, but it just always seemed a little too cartoonish, or something, to be taken seriously.

Just my opinion. :shrug:

I think Kawasaki could sell a few thousand of the the DAEG. Of the Big 4, they are the most daring right now. If anyone would be brave enough to roll out a new retro standard, it would be Kawasaki-USA.

Yes the Z1000 looks way to Origami..

but the Real ZRX competition is the GSX1400, CB1300 and XJR1300

ZRX was/is the faster bike but they other 3 bikes look good as well... Neither of those been imported or are going to be imported in US Sadly :doh:

Yes the Z1000 looks way to Origami..

but the Real ZRX competition is the GSX1400, CB1300 and XJR1300

ZRX was/is the faster bike but they other 3 bikes look good as well... Neither of those been imported or are going to be imported in US Sadly :doh:

Origami! That's perfect. That describes that bike perfectly.

Agree about the other big standards - we'll never see them here. :(

I'll take one with the grey/black stripes..will go perfect next to my black `00...even have the room on my Kawi card *evil grin*

I think they stole that blue color from Bud. ;)

Thanks, I was hoping someone was paying attention over there;-)

I like the new bike, the fairing has the little front daggers or points
like the 90s GPZ fairings

Hope they bring it over as UJMs are really great bikes
I would like to see them offer it to us like the European
S version with the larger fairing and the option of bags
as well

Hmm, and S version might be kinda cool. I wonder what it would look like?

If i was Kawasaki i would design a fairing very similar to GPz900R...

Still waiting for kawasaki to build a Modern GPZ900R (not a soft version like the new GPZ1100) but aggresive looking with a ZX10R motor maybe!!!

I think I'll stick with my ZRX. A ZRX1400 would be :ponder: hmmmm....

A ZRX1400 would be :ponder: hmmmm....

Now that I'd like to see. It'd give Kawasaki something to compete with the B-King that wouldn't look like something out of the Transformers movie. And an "S" model would let them compete with the Bandit and the FZ1.

Definitely like this updated version, but I'd like to see one without the little fairing and rectangular headlight. When I look for a nekkid bike, I want it all nekkid. And rectangular lights just don't look right to me. They make me think of mid 80's bikes for some reason.

Definitely like this updated version, but I'd like to see one without the little fairing and rectangular headlight. When I look for a nekkid bike, I want it all nekkid. And rectangular lights just don't look right to me. They make me think of mid 80's bikes for some reason.

What you're talking about is very nice, but it's not a ZRX. ;)

Back