• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tank Slapper Source In Houston

Reaction score
Hay gang....I leave this Thursday for the AMA races in Alamaba. I need a tank slapper kit though. Anyone know of a source in Houston that would have these in-stock?

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but I saw a video of a rider from the Isle of Man race of a rider doing the whole tank slapping thing. While I'm sure it scared the you know what out of him, I admittedly chuckled because it LOOKS funny (I know it's not in reality, it's very dangerous!).

Anywho, if that's not what you're talking about (the kit I'm assuming protects the tank?) then I graciously bow out of the thread! :-D

Kim

wonder91178 said:
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but I saw a video of a rider from the Isle of Man race of a rider doing the whole tank slapping thing. While I'm sure it scared the you know what out of him, I admittedly chuckled because it LOOKS funny (I know it's not in reality, it's very dangerous!).

Anywho, if that's not what you're talking about (the kit I'm assuming protects the tank?) then I graciously bow out of the thread! :-D

Kim

Here's the video I was refering to, sometimes the link works, sometimes it doesn't...either way it scares the crap outta me!

Rrrrrrrrrattatatatat!

http://www.geocities.com/motorcycle_mania/pics/tankslap2.mpg

Kim

wonder91178 said:
wonder91178 said:
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but I saw a video of a rider from the Isle of Man race of a rider doing the whole tank slapping thing.
Here's the video I was refering to, sometimes the link works, sometimes it doesn't...either way it scares the crap outta me!

Not that I am an expert but I think that is called "head shakes". Anyone to confirm?

But whatever it is.... yeah it would scare the crap outta me too!! :eek:

nKhona said:
wonder91178 said:
wonder91178 said:
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but I saw a video of a rider from the Isle of Man race of a rider doing the whole tank slapping thing.

Not that I am an expert but I think that is called "head shakes". Anyone to confirm?

That's a definite tank slapper......when head shake gets so severe that your bars are literally slapping your tank. Usually experienced under hard acceleration on uneven surfaces.

nKhona said:

I think it's a GROUND slapper! :eek:

Kim

Squidward said:
That's a definite tank slapper......when head shake gets so severe that your bars are literally slapping your tank. Usually experienced under hard acceleration on uneven surfaces.

Ahhhhh... gotcha!

wonder91178 said:
I think it's a GROUND slapper!

You can say that again.

Back