• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cee Bailey Windscreen

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
The factory 19" windshield on the Concours puts the air blast right in the middle of my visor which is okay up to about 50 mph but above that I get a LOT of buffeting, especially in crosswinds and behind semi's, suv's, etc.

I purchased a Cee Bailey windhshield and it arrived today. It is the 26" model in the light grey tint. Even with the extra height I am still able to look over the top of the screen by a couple of inches. The only downside so far (on a short test ride) is coming to a stop and looking down through the screen at the ground as it's a bit distorted due to the shape of the screen. Oh, and the top of the screen is MUCH closer to my face now so I need to get in the habit of staying away from it while getting on / off the bike. You'll see the difference in the photos.

The wind is now up over my eyes and passes over the top of the helmet. I think it still hits high enough to drive some ventilation through the helmet but I'll know more tomorrow. The screen is also a little wider and pushes more air out to the sides. In the swelter of summer I may want to put the old shield back on to get more air on me, but I'll find out as time goes by.

I also have a sheet of lexan that I may cut down for a half-height screen if it gets really hot.

A test ride without ear plugs provided a much quieter ride than before, so combined with the new silicone ear plugs it may turn out to be a very quiet ride to work in the morning.

I'll try to post up some before/after photos later in the week.

I just got the 18.5" model in dark grey with the vent. I haven't ridden far enough yet to say whether it is less turbulent or not. My initial impression is that it is. See my signature for a link to a large piture.

I've got a 'Clearview' shield on order. It's a stock replacement with the addition of light gray tinting with two vents cut in the lower front to relieve the vacuum effect behind the stock screen. Also ordered a 'Lamilar Lip' to go along the top edge and hopefully smooth out the airflow.

The stock one is pretty scratched and dinged after five years so it was time for a replacement anyway.

Ok so I just got my my 21.5 windshield from Cee Bailys. I installed it this morning and tried it out. I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam. 1st position was still hitting the top of my head (very top). Went straight to 3rd position, hit the tollway, and wondered why my head wasn't bouncing around anymore. A vast improvement from the stock screen. I'm barely looking over the top of the shield. But the darn thing is so clean doesn't matter if you're looking through it or over it. I'm going to try the 2nd position just to see what it does. It's a very windy day here in Houston today had some massive crosswinds. On a calm day I'm sure it'll be a killer ride. Windshield clears the mirrors just fine. They send a bottle of cleaner with it also. I'll let you all know how 2nd position feels. -WW

Back