• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Full contact commuting..

Reaction score
So I am on my way to work today (on the bike) its started out as a good day, made it from the house to 35 and didn’t have to stop for a light (savings of time 10-15 mins) So I get up on 35 and putter a long at 60-65 mph no need to speed just save a bunch of time. Traffic is so so.. as I get up to my exit to get on 20. This woman in a Camry, who I have been watching the past few miles run in and out of traffic like a nut. No blinkers, pushing cars out of the way and cutting cars off with inches to spar. Is now two cars a head of me.

I think to myself I will just let her take off when we are on 20 so I do not have to deal with her. So we get on 20 and she is back to her old habits and I just let her go. Traffic is light on 20 so I get in the left lane and run it up to 70-75. As I am running my 5 mile run on 20 to 75 I still see Mr Camry trying to drive like she is in nascar and Is running people out of there lane and missing them by inches.. Still no blinkers or anything no one has a clue what or where she is going. Everyone who can has back way off from her. I am getting to the point where I have to leave the left lane and get to the right to get on 45. As I do this I am looking for the camry as to not get in her way but she has been stuck behind 2 18 wheelers and I clear to go on my way.
As I come up to the off on ramp for 45 guess who runs up next to me just at the last sec. yep the Camry, She proceeds to push me out of the way and take my spot. I grab some brake and just fall in behind her, (I kind of have expected it form her) I flash the high beam at her and a little honk of the horn. With a shake of the head I thought that would be that.

Now is where thing get real interesting real fast, as we get on 45 I make up my mind I am just going to bug out of there and leave her behind me. I bust up to 80 and thought I left her in the traffic. No less then a mile down the road she is right beside me with her window down just giving me the look from ****. Now I am in the left lane so I grab some brake so I have a way out and let her back in front of me so I do not have to deal with her. She jumps into my lane and slams on the brakes.. I shift over the middle lane and go by no big deal but I am looking for a way out. This woman is nuts.. traffic is starting to get heavy so there is not much of a options, I am looking for something to get between us. But before I do she is right back with me and pushes me out of the lane. I slow down and she is in front of me, before I can do anything she starts tossing crap out the window at me, a huge cup of HOT coffee is the first thing, as I shift lanes and move back into the left lane, out come full things of water at me, as they hit the ground the would pop with a splash. And I knew if she got a lucky shot that would of hurt more then the coffee buns.

AS I am dogging the water bombs and looking for a fast way out of there. Two cars came to rescue me they got on her left side and honk to distract her (she launch some water that them) when she did that I got back in behind her and for the best protection for the water. As we were getting closer to downtown traffic was starting to stop and I was not sure what I was going to do. The guy in the truck on her left pointed at me and pointed between them (lane splitting was my only option to get out of there and I was working my in the lain to do that when he told me to go)

As I got set her up for a pass on the right I was in the left side acting like that’s the way I was going to she was crowding the line just as she was not looking I jumped to the right and blasted by her, (taking a little something so she can remember me by), So now I am splitting lanes up 45 with this mirror in my lap. Lol. (ya I know bad chris)

So traffic opens up and I fall back into the center lane. Just then a guy on a bussa who was splitting the left side of the center lane came up next to me, I have seen the guy the past few days coming into work so I give him a wave, he points back shaking his head. I just shrug and shake my head.. Just as we are about to take off and he holds up something.. (if you are drinking swallow before going on.. ) AS I am sitting there trying to figure out what he has in is hand it hits me it a mirror.. The same as the one in my lap. I almost lost it... I didn’t happen to see him behind me when the whole thing started and, when I went left he went right and took the mirror off seconds behind me..

So for the woman in the Camry I am sorry that was childish of me, I left your mirror at the exit of 45 and MLK. I am not sure where your other one is.. As far as the bussa rider way to go.. and a special thanks to the two guys in the blocking auto that help me get the heck out of there..

I wonder what the ride home will be like????

Wow!!! I used to come up 45 but now come 35 and use the HOV. Glad your ok. Glad there were a few people to get your back. I'll be on the lookout for a camry with no mirrors. LOL!

Im glad you're okay, and even more impressed that some of the commuters came to help you out. I don't understand why people become raging beasts in there cars. The mirror thing is awesome though.

glad you're ok, and way cool of the other cagers
and yeah the mirror thing is funny.

the next few days get some small heavy object to keep with you and keep a look out for her

It's hard to imagine being able to pull off/break off a mirror while riding. Glad you're ok!

Like large marbles or large ball bearings! Kidding aside, she's certifiable! Keep your cell handy, get her tag# and call it in! and stay safe!

Dang Chris... trouble just seems to follow you around like a cloud when you are on the bike. Thank goodness you are a good rider cause luck sure doesn't seem to be on your side sometimes.

I think a prudent thing would have being to call it in... She needed a talking-to, maybe even a free ride to nice place with no windows.

What I wonder about in situations like this is the subject of the lesson being taught. You think you are teaching her not to be a bully but all she may be getting out of it is more hate/pent up aggression toward motorcyclists. Your mistake was to make it personal by accepting the challenge (flashing the lights). Your commute would have being lot less eventful were you to just let her go. I.e let the mental midget have the right of way, the law of averages would catch up with her sooner or later.

Flashing the lights and honking may set some people off, but for others, it's just a way of waking them up to what they're doing. In her case, it probably would have been easy to predict her reaction, because she was already acting like an idiot.

Taking the mirror was a bad move, IMHO. Now you're guilty of a crime, no matter what she has done. Are you likely to be prosecuted? No. But it's still an aggressive and destructive act.

Flashing the lights and honking may set some people off, but for others, it's just a way of waking them up to what they're doing. In her case, it probably would have been easy to predict her reaction, because she was already acting like an idiot.

Taking the mirror was a bad move, IMHO. Now you're guilty of a crime, no matter what she has done. Are you likely to be prosecuted? No. But it's still an aggressive and destructive act.

I think a prudent thing would have being to call it in... She needed a talking-to, maybe even a free ride to nice place with no windows.

What I wonder about in situations like this is the subject of the lesson being taught. You think you are teaching her not to be a bully but all she may be getting out of it is more hate/pent up aggression toward motorcyclists. Your mistake was to make it personal by accepting the challenge (flashing the lights). Your commute would have being lot less eventful were you to just let her go. I.e let the mental midget have the right of way, the law of averages would catch up with her sooner or later.

You guys are right.. I should have just pulled over, then when she stop and came at me pulled out the 40 and shot her.. She had already made several attempts at boldly injury to me, I would have been afraid for my life as the woman already tried to run me off the road twice and has thrown objects at me and burn me with coffee..

Once some of you realize that some people just do not get it. if they are having a bad day or late or just stupid. How do you turn this around on me for getting her attention and letting her know she almost took me out?

I will stop there due to the no personal attack permitted on this board..

It's hard to imagine being able to pull off/break off a mirror while riding. Glad you're ok!

You can if they do not have the motorized ones on the car..Motorized ones will just pop and hang.. Most of the time (in the past, all three times) I just flip them so they are pointed out, I guess I was a little worked up and didn't let go..

You guys are right.. I should have just pulled over, then when she stop and came at me pulled out the 40 and shot her.. She had already made several attempts at boldly injury to me, I would have been afraid for my life as the woman already tried to run me off the road twice and has thrown objects at me and burn me with coffee..

Once some of you realize that some people just do not get it. if they are having a bad day or late or just stupid. How do you turn this around on me for getting her attention and letting her know she almost took me out?

I will stop there due to the no personal attack permitted on this board..

Stop and think for a bit...instead of going into tantrum land. When you KNEW she was 'after' you could have made way to get behind her. (or even before then)...FAR behind her, instead of ahead of her. Pull off the road... she was going to slam it in reverse, pull a u-turn and come after you on the side of the road?
****, worse case YOU can turn around faster than she can and run down the roadside against traffic if it was needed. YOU stated yourself she was a hazard to all the traffic around her... but took no measures to make sure the people who can REALLY do something about it ever found out about it.

Yea part of me applauds you, then part of me realizes what/how little 'good' this really accomplished and the potential for other riders to ahve problems.

I never let her get back behind me (so she could not ram me), also I was after hers but forgot it in all the water dogging...

I guess you could have continued to follow her, eventually she would have run out of ammo.
I place no blame on you, I often flash my high beems at people to let them know "I'm here you frigg'n jerk, don't run me over"

question: had the OP gotten the plate and called it in, what would have happened?

my guess is nothing

Try is sometime and let me know how it works out for you. The police with politely say that it is your word vs. theirs, and since no officer witnessed it, and there isn't any physical damage done, that their hands are tied.

I place no blame on you, I often flash my high beems at people to let them know "I'm here you frigg'n jerk, don't run me over"

Same here. It's easy to sit back and pass judgments on how others should act when their life is being threatened. If someone almost kills me by not looking where they are going, the very least I can do for them is to point out their error for them.

Chris, aren't you wishing that I was there with ya on this one? It brings back memories of the ride on 30 through the canyon a long time ago!:thumb:

Try is sometime and let me know how it works out for you. The police with politely say that it is your word vs. theirs, and since no officer witnessed it, and there isn't any physical damage done, that their hands are tied.

question: had the OP gotten the plate and called it in, what would have happened?

my guess is nothing

Yep some of the various LED's have those 'stealth' cars just to spend money. They never try to look out/catch offensive drivers. There no chance that word my go out to keep an eye out for a car/plate matching that description.

Yep some of the various LED's have those 'stealth' cars just to spend money. They never try to look out/catch offensive drivers. There no chance that word my go out to keep an eye out for a car/plate matching that description.

Oh my bad... they might add in... "We'll keep an eye out."

Yep, that makes me feel much better bout the whole thing.:roll::lol2:

Chris, you should take Ovilla Rd to 45 and head North that way -- much safer! ;-)
Glad you're OK

Chris, you should take Ovilla Rd to 45 and head North that way -- much safer! ;-)
Glad you're OK

I think I might do that tomorrow.. There are just so many school zones.. I also got hassled in Farris one time I was stop/off the bike/walking out of the store getting a drink by the local pd.

Someone do something about this It's black cloud

Chris,
Glad you rode away from this one, buddy

Having been in the situation were a car has been activitly trying to run me off the road you know you do what you think is the best thing in that moment so NO judgement passing from me.

Mods be on your toes, my guess is there aint going to be too many more posts before this thread is shut down.

Back