• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$2 18x24 prints

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
A friend a work told me about this place today.
supposedly printed on something akin to magazine cover stock
I understand the glossy lamination is suppose to be pretty nice, too. ($2 extra)

shortrunposters.com

I'm going to try them out and I'll report back.

Looking at it now.... ten dollars shipping on a poster is kind of making me pause. I might still do one or two of my favorites shots, just going to think on it some more.

***EDIT ****

I can be dense sometimes... the ten dollar shipping is flat rate. So by getting three posters (some to give away, one to keep) the cost per is a good deal.... order placed, will report back when I get it. And thanks Gary for the notice.

Last edited:
Looks like a good deal if you're ordering at least a few since the shipping is per order and not per print.

I'll definitely bookmark this one for an upcoming wall project!

I just ordered 4 with the lamination. Stay tuned.

what kind of megapixles should you have to have that size come out nice looking?
Wil pixs from my D40 look ok, or is that too big and they might come out grainy?

The minimum resolution suggested for printing at 18" x 24" is 2700 x 3600, or 150DPI at 100% size (18" x 24").

Tick tock...

Any report yet?

Costco also does prints that large. Don't know how the prices/quality compares, but it's another option.

I do have some of their 12x18's that you can get printed at any Costco and they are top notch IMO.

Costco also does prints that large. Don't know how the prices/quality compares, but it's another option.

I do have some of their 12x18's that you can get printed at any Costco and they are top notch IMO.

I use to take my wedding stuff to a pro lab and my personal stuff to Costco.
I never could tell a difference and now everything goes there.

Sharkey, I hear you there. When I decided to go pro with my wedding photos, I got all signed up to get "professional" prints done and it was a disaster. Granted, my screen was not set to their printer, etc. but they're stuff was WAY dark. Then I let them do color correction and all the proofs came back with a brownish tint. I was late getting photos to the couple. When it came time to do enlargements, I went to CVS. MUCH better.

OK, the short report. :thumb: :clap:

The long report.
They came out great! I splurged and got the laminated version. It makes a nice, shiny photo. The ink is very thick, so much that with the laminate, the dark areas had an ever so slight relief to them.

two small negatives. One seem to have a grain of sand or the equivalent under the laminate on one pic. When I tried to remove it, it left about a grain of sand white spot, which on the blue sky was not so cool. You have to be within a couple of feet to notice it. At a 3'+ viewing distance, they are really nice. The other small negative was there was some very slight banding noticeable at a distance of under 2'.

One thing I didn't do is get a poster made of people or black & white. Those might test their abilities in different ways.

All in all, definitely worth the $26 for four 18x24 prints.

U.P.S. just dropped my order off. I am pleased with the overall look and the cropping that they did to make it fit the paper. The sunrise shot lost some of the contrast in the foreground though. The shades of the mountains are not as visible as I would have liked... but it is still going on the wall.
:thumb:
I will keep them in mind for future use.

I just got my order - I sent 14 (!!!) images. I only had one laminated (to see how it comes out) and sent a black and white one also. I did used Photoshop to make the images optimal for printing

I was concerned that the prints will have very different colors then what my screen showed. I worried for nothing.

the only 2 (very small) downsides where that the images were a bit darker then expected but I can adjust that for the future and the second is that I have a small stain on all the images at the same place. since I added my own digital frame (white) it shows but for 2$ per images I am VERY happy (and I am usually very picky).

I would suggest how ever is going to frame the prints to save his money and not use the lamentation since the glass/plastic of the frame will be protecting it anyway and then you'll have double the glare. if you just want a poster by all means do laminate - great quality. feels like a real,..well..poster!

I'll try to upload some pictures of the framed prints in the future. I am planing on sending some more images as early as next week !

My brother had a few of my photos printed and the only problem I saw was with banding in areas of solid color.

A co worker just had some of his stuff printed at Adorama and they look great. He had a few 11x14 glossy prints that were $4 each.

Back