• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My VTX Pro Street Project almost done

bgreer

Reaction score
4 yrs. ago she begin life as a 2002 Honda VTX

Bryanandpattibikepics047.jpg

Then she went through some changes

000_0002resize.jpg

MorningLight006resize.jpg

and finally she is close to where I imagined her when I bought her

bettercrop.jpg

better3crop.jpg

What do ya think??

Very nice! Is that the original tank? I can't tell on my small screen.

Man, that really looks good!

Tank makes a huge difference.

Is that still the stock rake out front?

looks nice. love the paint

Looks pretty sweet, except one minor thing....

tassles???

Just messing with you. Not my style, but hey - to each his own.

mic

SWEET look man! Love that!

1) What kind of exhaust is that?

2) Did you do the seam fill yourself? I won't set a trap...I have a tank I'd like to seam fill and I don't have a clue how to do it but don't want to spend the $$$ to have a pro like BD do it, would love help/instruction or whatever.

looks pretty good. What's the plan to clean up the wiring and hydrolic lines on the bars? That's going to be tuff if not down right pricey!
If you looked at my Voyager and compared it to this, this is clean, the Voyager is a barely contained rats nest!:eek::lol2:

SWEET look man! Love that!

1) What kind of exhaust is that?

2) Did you do the seam fill yourself? I won't set a trap...I have a tank I'd like to seam fill and I don't have a clue how to do it but don't want to spend the $$$ to have a pro like BD do it, would love help/instruction or whatever.

1) The exhaust was custom made by RixVTX on the VTXOA forum from a stock "C" model pipe..one of the things I liked about this pipe is "Honda heat sheilds" nuttin beats 'em. Oh, and the price..I bought the pipe and had it re-chromed for less than a new V&H...diligence and patience = savings

2) No. But I know a bit about the process and have a bunch of pics...Kitty hair coarse fiber glass to rough in then fine to smooth and alot of sanding ..if you look closely at the pics you'll see a fine ridge that was noticed by one of the painters on the "OA and was fixed before primer

Ridge2.jpg

BrianTankRoll004.jpg

BrianTankRoll003resize.jpg

And by the way, fixin the seam in your tank this way requires no welding and therefore no re-sealing the tank..makes it a little fatter at the bottom, but as you can see not noticeable and no leaking

Last edited:
looks pretty good. What's the plan to clean up the wiring and hydrolic lines on the bars? That's going to be tuff if not down right pricey!
If you looked at my Voyager and compared it to this, this is clean, the Voyager is a barely contained rats nest!:eek::lol2:

She is currently un-finished, though close. I ordered the speigler lines 2" over stock, but still to short (Upper only) Having them custom made as we speak (or type) for a better fit, closer to the bars, also the rear will be re-made so that it can hide behind the swing arm. Radiator Trim is yet to be installed, and much of the wiring seen at the neck is LED' yet to be placed...remember there are over 300 accent LED's on this bike...blue of coarse...any other questions, please ask, I have over 1000 pics and a few videos of the build. What may be of particular interest is the wheels...cool story.(at least to me)

Bryan

She is currently un-finished, though close. I ordered the speigler lines 2" over stock, but still to short (Upper only) Having them custom made as we speak (or type) for a better fit, closer to the bars, also the rear will be re-made so that it can hide behind the swing arm. Radiator Trim is yet to be installed, and much of the wiring seen at the neck is LED' yet to be placed...remember there are over 300 accent LED's on this bike...blue of coarse...any other questions, please ask, I have over 1000 pics and a few videos of the build. What may be of particular interest is the wheels...cool story.(at least to me)

Bryan

So your saying that in the dark this bike shines?:lol2:
I would like to see this setup, 300 LEDs has got to be bright. Thats about 20 watts.

So your saying that in the dark this bike shines?:lol2:
I would like to see this setup, 300 LEDs has got to be bright. Thats about 20 watts.

All the lights Radiance lights from custom dynamics....some are from a stage 4 Hyper light kit that is not for sell any more on their site...the rest are pod lights (chrome casing) I recommend the pod lights. the hyper lights are not as flexible as they claim. I'm trying to light all the chrome at night and there is a considerable amount of chrome. lol....the funny part is that all of them or on a remote that is on my keychain....sometimes I sit on them and the lights come on in my shop...needless to say I keep a battery tender on all the time

I thought that was the process you used. BD'd paint shop has a detailed write up on how to do just that exact seam fill. I was just hoping to find someone local who knew how to do it to give me some personal instruction rather than just plunging myself willy nilly into the job, as I've never done that kind of work before. Who'd you have do the fill and what did they charge, if you don't mind my asking?

The exhaust looks good. I want to change my exhaust to one that wraps in front of the clutch. You don't happen to have any contact info for RixVTX do you? He hasn't posted on the VTXOA in like 5 years. How loud is that exhaust? Is it louder than the Sideburner you had? (Did you sell the sideburner?)

I thought that was the process you used. BD'd paint shop has a detailed write up on how to do just that exact seam fill. I was just hoping to find someone local who knew how to do it to give me some personal instruction rather than just plunging myself willy nilly into the job, as I've never done that kind of work before. Who'd you have do the fill and what did they charge, if you don't mind my asking?

The exhaust looks good. I want to change my exhaust to one that wraps in front of the clutch. You don't happen to have any contact info for RixVTX do you? He hasn't posted on the VTXOA in like 5 years. How loud is that exhaust? Is it louder than the Sideburner you had? (Did you sell the sideburner?)

Rix Custom Painting in Pasadena did the work, and just the fiber glass work on the tank and shaving the rivits from the front fender was 350.00..whole job including dis-assembly and re-assembly and Pearl white paint and flames was 1500.00....Haven't heard the exhaust yet, but yes I do have the sideburner...tail pipe may need re-chrome since it was under water during Ike

Back