Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Prayer Requests

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 08-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #21
wanabeguru

Re: Prayer for Zack Chapman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
Thank you for the update, Mrs. Chapman. Prayers for the entire family and all of his friends.
+1
Old 08-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #22
zacsmom

Zac had the tracheostomy done today. He did not do well during the procedure; his blood pressure dropped very low and his intracranial pressure went up. He is better now, but continues to fight a temp. of 103.5. They are planning on putting in his feeding tube (G tube) in on Wed. It was hard to hear the news that he struggled during the trach. and have to be so far away. Please cont. with prayer for all family members: Fred, who is able to stay there, and those of us who were not able to do so. Of course we ask for continued prayer for Zac, who is worthy of a miraculous healing!
His place of employment, Family Powersports, is putting together a benefit for Zac on Aug. 29 (Sat.) from 11-3. There is to be food, entertainment, and stickers/bracelets with Zac's racing# on them. Their address is 1811 Fort Worth Hwy. Weatherford, TX 76086
zacsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:28 AM   #23
Gilk51
Pie Man v2.0 (retired)
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacsmom View Post
His place of employment, Family Powersports, is putting together a benefit for Zac on Aug. 29 (Sat.) from 11-3. There is to be food, entertainment, and stickers/bracelets with Zac's racing# on them. Their address is 1811 Fort Worth Hwy. Weatherford, TX 76086
Sounds like a destination after the Pie Run in Fairfield for us DFW riders. I'll see about adding that to the Pie Run thread...

God bless him & continued prayers. He needs to be back in Texas.

BTW, I was talking to another CMA rider who knew Zac on Friday night - Marty Johnston. He made sure we had seen this thread.
Gilk51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #24
Lil Squid

Zac's mom Jenny asked me to post this flyer for Zac's benefit. Unfortunately the file I got is too large to attach to the post, so below is the link to the flyer. If any of you are more tech-savvy, it would be great if you could post the actual flyer in this thread.

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/docume...1-2d241b860f93

It would be appreciated if this thread could get a sticky until the event passes.

Zac Chapman is a 19 year old who is madly in love with motorcycles. Zacís passion for anything two wheeled led him to a career in motorcycle racing and a job at Family PowerSports in Weatherford, TX.

On Saturday, August 8th Zac was injured while racing his motorcycle He remains in a trauma clinic in Roanoke, VA. Because of his strong Christian Faith we have hope he will be home with us soon.

The benefit will be August 29th at Family Powersports, 1811 Fort Worth Hwy, Weatherford, TX 76086, (817) 596-3244.

Send your donation to
Zac Chapman Benefit
C/O First National Bank
PO Box 730 Weatherford, TX 76086

Please spread the word and share the flyer with other groups you are active with.

Sending Zac healing thoughts..

Yuliya
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #25
Hemibee

Prayers for Zac, his family and the medical staff.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger - "Black Betty" - Gone
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC - Jessica

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles." John Wayne
Hemibee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #26
zacsmom

Zac's temp. is down tonight. They have the cooling blanket underneath him instead of on top of him and his temp. is 98.2. Zac is not breathing any on his own today like he was yesterday, but this is normal at this stage the nurse tells me. He is no longer on the glucose drip which means his blood sugars are more stable. They test his blood sugar every 4 hours now and give him insulin as needed. His intracranial pressures have stayed low so the plan is still to remove the drains tomorrow. Even though I may not know any of you personally, I want to thank you for your love and concern for Zac. Please continue with prayers for a full and miraculous recovery!! Those of you that know him know that Zac is a great kid and needs to stick around longer so that he may continue to touch peoples lives in a positive manner.
Love and gratitude to all of you,
Jenny Truitt
Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #27
Kidder

Thank you for the update, Mrs. Truitt. Continued good thoughts coming Zack's way.
No motorbike at this time.
-----------------------------
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" - Vizzini
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #28
Twowheelerjunkie

I can't begin to share the heart ache I have for Zac and Family. The Chapman family has been a very important part of my family's life for many years. Their participation in me and my son's life over the years has been nothing but a positive influence and I hate to imagine what position in life we would be in if they had not been. Zac is the best role model my son could have and has even shown the old man (me) several lessons in life. I look forward to the near future when we all can go on those long get-lost rides again. We all have our route in life pre-planned by His oversight; this painful time in our lives has a purpose and we can only pray that we continue to trust in Christ and in His his love and guidance.

We love you Zac!!

Fred - I have not called you due to the overwhelming communications you have/are getting, but you know if there is "anything" you need just let me know! [/b][/b]

God Bless..

Love,
Ted/Tyler
Twowheelerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #29
Maverick

Here you go Yuliya

Child Liaison
Web Admin
BACA - Brazos Valley Chapter

Gerald "Jester" Cleveland / 1976 - 2009 / BACA Fort Worth / RIP Brother
Dylan "Porkchop" Newman / 2006 - 2009 / BACA Brazos Valley / RIP Brother
Craig "Hat Trick" Schroeder / 1964 - 2009 / BACA Waco / RIP Brother

"The definition of Insanity - Attempting the same thing over and over again expecting different results" ~ Albert Einstein
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #30
banks252

Re: Prayer for Zac Chapman

Fred, if you read this please know we are praying for Zac and the family. Our hearts sank we we heard the news of Zac's accident. I just keep remembering the adorable "little cowboy" in the boots and huge cowboy hat when he was in diapers, Zac was a joy to keep!

Fred we know your faith in God will get you through what lies ahead. God can do miracles. Stay strong and know that you all are in our thoughts every day. I keep in touch with a friend, Penny who works with Jenny, as well as read the new prayer requests and updates on this web site. Please let us hear from you when you can. (I left you a voice mail about a week ago with our home telephone).

Love & Prayers...Robert & Nancy B.
banks252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #31
Lil Squid

Thanks, Maverick!

Updates from Zac's mom:

We are all excited that Zac is stable enough to come home to Texas. I have no doubt that he will have many people wanting to come and visit as so many of you have called, emailed, texted, written about how he is progressing. Thank you all so much for your love and prayers. Please keep it coming as this will be a long journey for us. We hope to have him back in Texas in a week or two.

Got the thumbs up from the Dr's to transport Zac back to Texas. Now,if we were only millionares and money wasn't an issue! We are looking at 2 different LTAC facilities (long term acute care) in Ft. Worth to transfer Zac to. The social worker from the hospital has provided us with 4 agencies that provide air transport-none of them for charity. As you can imagine this will not be cheap, but Zac is so worth it!!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #32
NitroRoo

Just found this thread. Praying that he makes a full recovery!
NitroRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #33
Rman of 237
Forum Supporter

I posted on the other thread in the General Section last week but I didn't think to look for a follow up over here. I was wondering why I was the only one who posted on the other thread concerning such an important topic. Anyway, prayers sent to Zac, family and friends, doctors and all involved! Zac sounds like a outstanding young man who has touched the lives of many people.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #34
tardypizza

We were privileged to have raced with Zac at Daytona for Moto ST and his younger brother, Jake, currently races on our CMRA endurance team.

Zac will need an air ambulance flight from Roanoke to Ft. Worth. The plane flight will cost $13,000, of which $1000 will be reimbursed to Fred by his insurance company. The plane must be a specialty air ambulance, so unfortunately the hefty price tag seems unavoidable.

We are contacting everyone we know for the "Bring Zac Home" fund with the goal of raising $12,000 together by the end of the week so that we can get Zac on a plane and back to Fort Worth. We have already had a number of people pledge money, and looks like we are up to about $6,000 right now.

We know we are all extremely lucky to be part of this sport and the CMRA Family, and we also know that Fred, Zac, and their Family would do the same (and probably more) to help us should we ever have to face the same circumstances ourselves.

In the hope that a little motivation will encourage some to donate for the first time, and others that have already given to dig a little deeper, we have set up a donation section to our online store where 100% will reach Fred.

In return for your kindness we will ship out, completely free of charge, a selection of products from our store depending on the level that you donate.

If you have the means please check it out: http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...dCategory=2089

If you wish to donate directly, Paypal to flchapman@gmail.com using the 'personal' and 'gift' options to avoid fees. The confirmation message may refer to "PC Consulting" - that's Fred's company so this WILL get to him in this time of need.

Times are tough and if sending money isn't an option we know that Zac and Family would appreciate a card (but hopefully this address will be updated to a Fort Worth one later this week!). Send cards to:

Zac Chapman
c/o Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
1906 Belleview Ave
Roanoke, VA 24014
tardypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #35
zacsmom

Just got off the phone with Fred. Zac had to go down for a CT scan because they suspected increased swelling in the brain. The CT scan confirmed this so they will be putting a ventricular drain back in tonight. There are risks involved with this, so please pray that Zac will make it through this and that the drain will control the swelling. There have been ups and downs through this, but we know that God is still good!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #36
Lil Squid

Updates from Jenny, Zac's mom from Monday night (from most recent to the older). Jenny, thank you so much for posting the updates here and on FB, I'm glad to help spread the word.

Midnight: Zac made it through the procedure. The drain is in place and his intracranial pressure is around 13. They want it below 20. Thanks for the prayers everyone. I'll keep you guys posted.

10:06pm: Just got off the phone with Fred, there is increased swelling in the brain and they have done a CT scan which has showed dilation of the ventricles from the last CT scan. They are taking Zac down to put back in a ventricular drain to remove excess spinal fluid. There are risks involved. If anyone is awake and reading this, please start praying for Zac.

8:31pm Please spread the word that my updates here are the most accurate. I call the nurses station directly and speak to them on every shift. It is hard for me to see the wrong information on another site. I know everyone means well, but I am getting this firsthand and not having it passed down to me by someone that may not have medical knowledge. Anyone may request to be a friend that wants info on Zac. God Bless!!!!

8:08pm I will keep everyone posted with updates here if my friend Yuliya can keep copying and pasting these to other sites. I would love to have Zac back home in Texas and close to family and friends, but if another location can meet his needs better, than another route could be taken. Please continue to pray for strength and guidance in all of the decisions that we must make in the days ahead, and complete healing for Zac.

8:03pm The facility was clean and now we know 3 people that work there. Fred spoke with a nurse case manager today in Virginia who mentioned a place in Atlanta Georgia that is well respected for spinal cord injured and traumatic brain injury patient care. I'm not sure what his thoughts are at this time other than we both want what is best for Zac.

7:59pm: Latest update on Zac is that he is about the same medically. He keeps battling a temperature that reaches 104 at its peak. His carbon dioxide levels are such that he has not met criteria for an attempt at weaning off the vent as of today. His level is too high, therefore he needs the vent to keep helping convert this into oxygen. I went to an LTAC in Ft. Worth today and was pleased.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #37
wanabeguru

Dear Zac's MOM, Please know i will keep Zac AND your family in my prayers!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #38
Lil Squid

UPDATED Aug. 25 2pm:

2 pm: They have been able to cut the doseage of medicine in half that they are giving him to keep his blood pressure up. His blood pressure now is 103/61. Zac is still not considered stable, but he is better than last night and earlier this morning. As you can imagine this is so scary for all of us...things can change so fast from good to not so good. Please continue in prayer that God will completely heal Zac and that he will return to us fully restored.

2pm: Just got off the phone with Zac's nurse who stated that his intracranial pressure is still below 20. Zac is still showing swelling/increased fluid in his head. The neurosurgeons looked at his CT scan and feel that the darker areas are fluid and not areas of permanent brain damage. I like their thinking!! The only way to be sure of this would be to do an MRI, but they cannot due to his vent. drain.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #39
zacsmom

Just got off the phone with Zac's nurse and Zac is doing better. The neurosurgeon that put in his vent. drain wants Zac's pressure below 15. On this shift they have had to open it to drain 1 time because the intracranial pressure went above... 15. Zac is scheduled for a CT scan at 8:00 in the morning. They will look to see if the ventricles are smaller, and if there is less fluid on the brain/in the skull.
If the 1 drain is working well, then good. If not and the ventricles still look larger than they should, they will probably have to put in a 2nd drain as they had to before. Zac's temperature is 98.9, his pupils are reacting, and his blood pressure is good without any of the medication they were having to give him to bring it up!! Whew!! (sigh of relief) Again, thank you all for your love, concern, and prayers.
Jenny Truitt
Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #40
Maverick

Yuliya/Jenny,

There are not often situations that bring me to a knee. However, this would be an exception.

We think, we pray, we remember, but most of all, I feel that we hope.

Zack,

See you soon in Texas Brother.

Maverick
Child Liaison
Web Admin
BACA - Brazos Valley Chapter

Gerald "Jester" Cleveland / 1976 - 2009 / BACA Fort Worth / RIP Brother
Dylan "Porkchop" Newman / 2006 - 2009 / BACA Brazos Valley / RIP Brother
Craig "Hat Trick" Schroeder / 1964 - 2009 / BACA Waco / RIP Brother

"The definition of Insanity - Attempting the same thing over and over again expecting different results" ~ Albert Einstein
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote