• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer for Zac Chapman - family needs help

Re: Prayer for Zack Chapman

Zac's temp. is down tonight. They have the cooling blanket underneath him instead of on top of him and his temp. is 98.2. Zac is not breathing any on his own today like he was yesterday, but this is normal at this stage the nurse tells me. He is no longer on the glucose drip which means his blood sugars are more stable. They test his blood sugar every 4 hours now and give him insulin as needed. His intracranial pressures have stayed low so the plan is still to remove the drains tomorrow. Even though I may not know any of you personally, I want to thank you for your love and concern for Zac. Please continue with prayers for a full and miraculous recovery!! Those of you that know him know that Zac is a great kid and needs to stick around longer so that he may continue to touch peoples lives in a positive manner.
Love and gratitude to all of you,
Jenny Truitt

Thank you for the update, Mrs. Truitt. Continued good thoughts coming Zack's way.

I can't begin to share the heart ache I have for Zac and Family. The Chapman family has been a very important part of my family's life for many years. Their participation in me and my son's life over the years has been nothing but a positive influence and I hate to imagine what position in life we would be in if they had not been. Zac is the best role model my son could have and has even shown the old man (me) several lessons in life. I look forward to the near future when we all can go on those long get-lost rides again. We all have our route in life pre-planned by His oversight; this painful time in our lives has a purpose and we can only pray that we continue to trust in Christ and in His his love and guidance.

We love you Zac!! :wave:

Fred - I have not called you due to the overwhelming communications you have/are getting, but you know if there is "anything" you need just let me know! [/B][/B]

God Bless..

Love,
Ted/Tyler

Here you go Yuliya

Zac+benefit+flier_Page_1.jpg

Re: Prayer for Zac Chapman

Fred, if you read this please know we are praying for Zac and the family. Our hearts sank we we heard the news of Zac's accident. I just keep remembering the adorable "little cowboy" in the boots and huge cowboy hat when he was in diapers, Zac was a joy to keep!

Fred we know your faith in God will get you through what lies ahead. God can do miracles. Stay strong and know that you all are in our thoughts every day. I keep in touch with a friend, Penny who works with Jenny, as well as read the new prayer requests and updates on this web site. Please let us hear from you when you can. (I left you a voice mail about a week ago with our home telephone).

Love & Prayers...Robert & Nancy B.

Thanks, Maverick!

Updates from Zac's mom:

We are all excited that Zac is stable enough to come home to Texas. I have no doubt that he will have many people wanting to come and visit as so many of you have called, emailed, texted, written about how he is progressing. Thank you all so much for your love and prayers. Please keep it coming as this will be a long journey for us. We hope to have him back in Texas in a week or two.

Got the thumbs up from the Dr's to transport Zac back to Texas. Now,if we were only millionares and money wasn't an issue! We are looking at 2 different LTAC facilities (long term acute care) in Ft. Worth to transfer Zac to. The social worker from the hospital has provided us with 4 agencies that provide air transport-none of them for charity. As you can imagine this will not be cheap, but Zac is so worth it!!

Just found this thread. Praying that he makes a full recovery!

I posted on the other thread in the General Section last week but I didn't think to look for a follow up over here.:doh: I was wondering why I was the only one who posted on the other thread concerning such an important topic. Anyway, prayers sent to Zac, family and friends, doctors and all involved! Zac sounds like a outstanding young man who has touched the lives of many people.:sun:

We were privileged to have raced with Zac at Daytona for Moto ST and his younger brother, Jake, currently races on our CMRA endurance team.

Zac will need an air ambulance flight from Roanoke to Ft. Worth. The plane flight will cost $13,000, of which $1000 will be reimbursed to Fred by his insurance company. The plane must be a specialty air ambulance, so unfortunately the hefty price tag seems unavoidable.

We are contacting everyone we know for the "Bring Zac Home" fund with the goal of raising $12,000 together by the end of the week so that we can get Zac on a plane and back to Fort Worth. We have already had a number of people pledge money, and looks like we are up to about $6,000 right now.

We know we are all extremely lucky to be part of this sport and the CMRA Family, and we also know that Fred, Zac, and their Family would do the same (and probably more) to help us should we ever have to face the same circumstances ourselves.

In the hope that a little motivation will encourage some to donate for the first time, and others that have already given to dig a little deeper, we have set up a donation section to our online store where 100% will reach Fred.

In return for your kindness we will ship out, completely free of charge, a selection of products from our store depending on the level that you donate.

If you have the means please check it out: http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=2089

If you wish to donate directly, Paypal to flchapman@gmail.com using the 'personal' and 'gift' options to avoid fees. The confirmation message may refer to "PC Consulting" - that's Fred's company so this WILL get to him in this time of need.

Times are tough and if sending money isn't an option we know that Zac and Family would appreciate a card (but hopefully this address will be updated to a Fort Worth one later this week!). Send cards to:

Zac Chapman
c/o Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
1906 Belleview Ave
Roanoke, VA 24014

Just got off the phone with Fred. Zac had to go down for a CT scan because they suspected increased swelling in the brain. The CT scan confirmed this so they will be putting a ventricular drain back in tonight. There are risks involved with this, so please pray that Zac will make it through this and that the drain will control the swelling. There have been ups and downs through this, but we know that God is still good!

Updates from Jenny, Zac's mom from Monday night (from most recent to the older). Jenny, thank you so much for posting the updates here and on FB, I'm glad to help spread the word.

Midnight: Zac made it through the procedure. The drain is in place and his intracranial pressure is around 13. They want it below 20. Thanks for the prayers everyone. I'll keep you guys posted.

10:06pm: Just got off the phone with Fred, there is increased swelling in the brain and they have done a CT scan which has showed dilation of the ventricles from the last CT scan. They are taking Zac down to put back in a ventricular drain to remove excess spinal fluid. There are risks involved. If anyone is awake and reading this, please start praying for Zac.

8:31pm Please spread the word that my updates here are the most accurate. I call the nurses station directly and speak to them on every shift. It is hard for me to see the wrong information on another site. I know everyone means well, but I am getting this firsthand and not having it passed down to me by someone that may not have medical knowledge. Anyone may request to be a friend that wants info on Zac. God Bless!!!!

8:08pm I will keep everyone posted with updates here if my friend Yuliya can keep copying and pasting these to other sites. I would love to have Zac back home in Texas and close to family and friends, but if another location can meet his needs better, than another route could be taken. Please continue to pray for strength and guidance in all of the decisions that we must make in the days ahead, and complete healing for Zac.

8:03pm The facility was clean and now we know 3 people that work there. Fred spoke with a nurse case manager today in Virginia who mentioned a place in Atlanta Georgia that is well respected for spinal cord injured and traumatic brain injury patient care. I'm not sure what his thoughts are at this time other than we both want what is best for Zac.

7:59pm: Latest update on Zac is that he is about the same medically. He keeps battling a temperature that reaches 104 at its peak. His carbon dioxide levels are such that he has not met criteria for an attempt at weaning off the vent as of today. His level is too high, therefore he needs the vent to keep helping convert this into oxygen. I went to an LTAC in Ft. Worth today and was pleased.

Dear Zac's MOM, Please know i will keep Zac AND your family in my prayers!

UPDATED Aug. 25 2pm:

2 pm: They have been able to cut the doseage of medicine in half that they are giving him to keep his blood pressure up. His blood pressure now is 103/61. Zac is still not considered stable, but he is better than last night and earlier this morning. As you can imagine this is so scary for all of us...things can change so fast from good to not so good. Please continue in prayer that God will completely heal Zac and that he will return to us fully restored.

2pm: Just got off the phone with Zac's nurse who stated that his intracranial pressure is still below 20. Zac is still showing swelling/increased fluid in his head. The neurosurgeons looked at his CT scan and feel that the darker areas are fluid and not areas of permanent brain damage. I like their thinking!! The only way to be sure of this would be to do an MRI, but they cannot due to his vent. drain.

Just got off the phone with Zac's nurse and Zac is doing better. The neurosurgeon that put in his vent. drain wants Zac's pressure below 15. On this shift they have had to open it to drain 1 time because the intracranial pressure went above... 15. Zac is scheduled for a CT scan at 8:00 in the morning. They will look to see if the ventricles are smaller, and if there is less fluid on the brain/in the skull.
If the 1 drain is working well, then good. If not and the ventricles still look larger than they should, they will probably have to put in a 2nd drain as they had to before. Zac's temperature is 98.9, his pupils are reacting, and his blood pressure is good without any of the medication they were having to give him to bring it up!! Whew!! (sigh of relief) Again, thank you all for your love, concern, and prayers.
Jenny Truitt

Yuliya/Jenny,

There are not often situations that bring me to a knee. However, this would be an exception.

We think, we pray, we remember, but most of all, I feel that we hope.

Zack,

See you soon in Texas Brother.

Maverick

Wow, sorry to hear that about Zac!

All the best wishes for a recovery!

Patricia

Zac did not have his CT scan until 11:30 today. The report was good, the vent. drain is doing its job. The neurosurgeon told Fred that Zac's brain "doesn't look bad". I think all the medical staff still feel that Zac should be showing more signs of coming out of the coma. Fred said that he saw little movements from Zac today. I don't know if these would be considered reflex ( not purposeful) movements or not.

They can't leave the drain in for a prolonged period of time for fear of infection. So, the neurosurgeon said that they will want to put a shunt ( an internal drain for spinal fluid that will empty into his abdominal area) in when Zac's infection has cleared completely. He is on a new antibiotic for his pneumonia. His temp. tonight was 100.6. His blood pressure is still good.
Last I talked to Fred, the ventilator was set at 6 respirations and Zac was breathing at 12-15. The nurse tonight could not tell me what the vent was set at. When Zac gets the shunt and is stable from that, we can consider transferring him somewhere else. We still want what's best for Zac even if that means a facility outside of Texas. The transfer will depend on if Zac is off the vent or not.
We were told Baylor in Dallas has a program if he is off the vent. We have found out that there are better options for him instead of sending him to an LTAC (long term acute care center) here in the metroplex. There is one that stands out in Atlanta, Georgia, and they will take him comatose and on the vent.
Please continue in prayer that Zac will be free of infection and can have a shunt put in with no complications. Pray that he will continue to show signs of coming out of the coma and that the Lord will heal him completely so that he may continue to be a walking testimony for Him!!
Saturday's benefit is approaching and I am looking forward to it. For anyone that can make it, I hope to meet all of you that I don't know. Words will never be able to express how much your outpouring of love means to all of us in the family. Know that my heart is overflowing with love and gratitude.

P.S. Yulyia, aren't you proud of me for learning how to copy and paste??!! I will do this site if someone else could please do WERA and CMRA. If anyone wants to email me my address is eviltwin65@sbcglobal.net. (I am an indentical twin and you guessed it... I'm the evil one) LOL

I want to mention that through Yulyia I was able to get in touch with Brian McLaughlin who represents the Red Flag Fund for injured riders. They want to donate money to help out in any way needed, and if the board approves it, they will be donating $3,000. For tax reasons they will have to pay third party directly. This is such a blessing. God is good and He is being faithful so far in supplying all our needs. May He continue to supply our needs and bring Zac back to us soon!!

Hello everyone! Last night was a little rough for Zac, but he had a good day today. The tube feeding was not being digested well, so Zac vomited some last night. Today his blood sugars have been good, his temp is 100.9, and he has been breathing on his own since about 12:30 Virginia time!!!! I spoke to the nurse at 9:00 Virginia time. Our little fighter!! :)
They are giving him a little extra amount of fluid to prevent dehydration. I asked the nurse how his latest neuro check went and he said that there were "movements in Zac's legs", his pupils are still equal and reactive, and he is seeing "eye fluttering". We agreed that anything new, no matter how small, was hopefully a good sign.
If the newest antibiotic can take care of the infection in the lungs, he could have the shunt put in as early as next Tues. This was one of those good days, you know, where your faith wasn't tested to the point where you wanted to cry out. It's days like this that make thanking God for His goodness a little easier. Not that we don't know that God is good no matter what.
Zac's birthday is Sept. 7th. Wouldn't it be cool if he woke up that day?! :))

thanks for the update, prayers are for the best

Jenny, My daughter Amanda and I have been praying for Zac as well as you and your family since the day we heard about Zac's accident. It is always encouraging to hear when Zac has a good day or something new happens that is promising. Unfortunately we are not able to make the benefit this weekend.

Thank you for the updates. We will keep our prayers coming.

Sheila

The latest update rings of good news! Thank you Jenny for the updates and your strength.

P.S. Yulyia, aren't you proud of me for learning how to copy and paste??!! I will do this site if someone else could please do WERA and CMRA. If anyone wants to email me my address is eviltwin65@sbcglobal.net. (I am an indentical twin and you guessed it... I'm the evil one) LOL

I'll do CMRA.

Zac had another good day. I found out that yesterday Zac was breathing on his own for 12 hours. Today, they have his vent setting on 2, but the nurse wasn't sure why they did not try letting Zac breath on his own completely. His temp and blood pressure are good. Zac is reacting to a pinch on his shoulder area by either turning his head or his heart rate goes up. This is new and good!!
The nurse told me tonight that they will not be putting the shunt in until around Sept. 9th. Julia and I will be flying back up labor day weekend for Zac's birthday on Sept. 7th. We are getting ready for the "Zac Attack" benefit tomorrow. Thank you to everyone involved;I know this has taken hard work. As always, thank you for your love, concerns, and prayers!! God bless you all...

Back