• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A few pics from Southwest MX Park 11/7/09

poser

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Last Name
bohac
John (jredford) and I went down to Needville and rode the MX track, Southwest MX Park. It was my first time at a MX track so I didn't really know what to expect. Also being pretty new to the world of dirt riding I was really hoping I didn't break something :lol2:.

I gotta say, the was FUN! :thumb:
The track is pretty noob friendly, with several table tops, a couple big ones, and some doubles. I found myself getting pretty comfortable with the bigger jumps, but never really got confident with the double. After a few close calls, I decided to just roll over them. The biggest pucker moment came, when I got to feeling too confident early in the day and attacked the big table top across the front. I guess I chopped the throttle too soon, because the back end came up off the jump and boosted me up. I was already standing, but my feet came off the pegs quit a bit and I was squirming in the air until I got them back down :eek2:, I'm sure I looked really funny to those watching :rofl:.

There were very few people there, which was nice being my first time. The 2 peopel I talked to were really nice and helpful
The XR400 will jump, but doesn't like it that much, not to mention its a bit of a pig out there. The was made even more obvious after riding John's CRF250x. I really think there may be something smaller/lighter in my future.
All in all

All in all it was a great day, I left exhausted, and I am still sore.

enough talk, now some pics...

here's a few of John...
708863622_2zNFG-L.jpg

708866383_GjGPk-L.jpg

708860615_tCzSk-L.jpg

a few of me (riding John's CRF250x, thanks again John! :clap:)

708877626_DvFZf-L.jpg

708872832_L5uzQ-L.jpg

708870445_GG6mn-L.jpg

One more of me, being clear too fat for the suspension of the CRF...

708878351_PMtEZ-L.jpg

and a few random people...

708867777_LgBHm-L.jpg

708865178_fAerw-L.jpg

I hope this is my boy some day
708868797_CdwUy-L.jpg

708868257_XXc5A-L.jpg

708860522_aHoCi-L.jpg

708869989_YLeB6-L.jpg

A few more pics here...
http://thebohacpage.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-Stuff/Southwest-MX-Park-11709/10269935_SMu9c#P-1-20

Very cool! It's been ages since I've really jumped a motorbike... and my feet came off the pegs last time I tried. How old do you figure those little kids were?

Thanks everyone.
Next time I go I'll snap more pics, and maybe we can get a few more people to go.

not sure how old they were, but it was really cool, the 2 of them and dad right behind. All on orange bikes.

How old do you figure those little kids were?[/QUOTE]

My son trains a few of the top 50cc racers in texas. One of them has just turned 5 years old & has been riding about a year. He absoloutly rails.....Completly amazing! :clap:His nick name...."BAT MAN", cape & all.

My son trains a few of the top 50cc racers in texas. One of them has just turned 5 years old & has been riding about a year. He absoloutly rails.....Completly amazing! :clap:His nick name...."BAT MAN", cape & all.

I'll have to read this post to my wife.
Maybe for the boys first birthday I'll buy him something battery powered to get use to riding something :trust:

Yep a battery operated 3 wheeler is what I did for my son at 1 yr. Bicycle @2yr. Suzuki jr-50 @ 3 yr. First race was @ 5 yrs. Won Louisiana State MX C-Ship open expert @ 15yrs. First AMA Pro Supercross race the following yr in the astrodome.
26 years old now & is faster than ever but only races selected local events during the year.
He trains other riders for a living now & is very good at it. nxlevelmx.com.
Every step of the way is documented in scrap book photo albums & video tape. PRICELESS!
I still get asked, isn't that dangerous letting your kid ride a dirt bike.
My answer is always "YES it can be. But let me tell you what scares me. Teenagers riding around in a car with nothing to do, looking for excitement."
I'll take my chance with being side by side riding dirt bikes.
It doesn't have to be dirt bikes but finding something that a dad & son love to do together & taking time out to do it is important. :clap:

I'll have to read this post to my wife.
Maybe for the boys first birthday I'll buy him something battery powered to get use to riding something :trust:

Heck, just bring your check book and a transporter as I have his first two bikes in my garage. No need going the battery route, slap some training wheels on the 50 and have at it.

Back