• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Stealth Suit Mods

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Phenix
The temp hit 90, time to don the Stealth. But first I needed to address a few issues with the suit.

The knee armor tends to ride to the inside leaving the outside of the knee kinda exposed. With some crude stitching I moved the knee pad pockets over about an inch. Here's the before and after:
876404146_9U7mw-L.jpg

The Stealth's hip pads are useless so I cut more out of the thin back pad that came out of my new jacket.
876404346_QjZtu-L.jpg

The old and new hip pads together seem almost adequate.
876404384_A2MNV-L.jpg

Lastly, I wanted to be able to get out of the top half and walk around "Roadcrafter style" but the Stealth has nothing around the middle to hold it up. I fashioned some straps, buckle and quick links like so:
876404429_jJWBm-L.jpg

Now I can cinch up the waist and let the sleeves hang down when I walk into a BBQ joint with no fear of getting sauce on my cuffs. :eat:
876404471_6SzFn-L.jpg

I like what you did there. I'll have to consider similar mods, especially the cinch at the waist.

Yes, I like my stealth, the topless BBQ mod is a good idea
I usually just zip out and eat my BBQ without gear :eat:

Agreed, for BBQ stops I'll still probably strip out entirely, but for shorter stops would be nice to be able to drop the top half.

I'm intrigued by the Stealth suit. Would be very handy for the commute.
nice looking mods you made on it :thumb:
Need to check if they make them for telephone poles like me :giveup:

Yeah, I really like the versatility of the stealth. In the high 60's I can wear a light jacket inside the suit. In the 70's & 80's jeans and a shirt, so I can step out of the suit anywhere. 90 & above :sun: I'm in a light cycling shirt and my fruit of the loom's - which is why I made the belt. :eek2:

Last edited:
Back