• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

S.Padre to Corpus via the Beach!

Blocked at work. :doh:

I thought it was not possible due to the sea wall. I'll have to wait until I get home to read the report.

I was just looking at this last week.
I thought it was not possible because of the Port Mansfield Channel. :confused:

Blocked at work. :doh:

I thought it was not possible due to the sea wall. I'll have to wait until I get home to read the report.

No seawall, just the Port Mansfield Cut,
a channel that lead to the gulf from the bay.
That has a way of stopping vehicle traffic from getting across!
But bikes? Now that's a different story!

I saw your photos, you guys didn't ride bikes you rode in that flying saucer or is it a time machine? haha How much did that little bass boat charge you for the ferry service?

_

Attachments

• 181750_184213044950898_100000866102292_447126_4215252_n.jpg
    181750_184213044950898_100000866102292_447126_4215252_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 249
I saw your photos, you guys didn't ride bikes you rode in that flying saucer or is it a time machine? haha How much did that little bass boat charge you for the ferry service?

_

If you got a buddy with a boat it might cost you your daughter!
or just a few beers ........ depending ....... :rider:
I'll have to contact the capt first before I can say what he's charge.
or if he wants to even be associated with a bunch of outlaws again! :giveup:

Don't know if I'd like being in that boat in the middle of the channel. Good on ya, though. I've run from Bird Island down to the land cut before in a Carolina Skiff hauling a 4x4 Polaris. We did some hunting down there a couple of times. The duck hunting is awesome. Deer all go up into the illegal zones when season starts, not stupid. :lol2: I need to do a ride to big shell sometime. I've heard all about the shark fishing there, but never been there.

Great Links! Thanks for sharing that. You're not the author of that paper are you? Those photos sure do tell a story don't they? It's interesting on how the beach changes (between we and mother nature) .

I'm helping to teach a very talented 15 year old how to enduro ride and I want him to do this ride up the beach just as soon as he and his bike are ready and able. I think it's important to pass on something that may someday be no longer be possible to do (for whatever reason) to the next generation.

Looks like a fun time. Just curious, what's the string for on your tank? Also, did that Kia get out?

Looks like a fun time. Just curious, what's the string for on your tank? Also, did that Kia get out?

when I first got this big ol' safari tank I wanted to know at what level was each gallon so that's what the string is for, I just never took it off.

that car stuck in the surf had been there about 2 weeks before we even rode, so now it's like a totaled vehicle. Don't know if it's still there or not.

Yes, I am the author of that paper. The website is my website. If you go to http://TexasCoastGeology.com and click on the buttons at the top of the page, you can learn a lot about the coast.

thanks for posting that info. I'll be stuck there for awhile! If you don't mind, I'm gonna want to share your website with a bunch of my spi friends and other texas coastal rats. I think everyone is gonna find your research very interesting!

How's your offroad motorcycle skills? Want to go on the next ride? We'll have along a 15 and an 18 year old, and having you along would be like riding with the original beach riders from back in the day. A great way to pass on the torch to the next generation!

Back