• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Garmin Rhino GPS/Radio??

Reaction score
Re: Garmin 60CS & Accessories

Ok I gotta ask, Has anyone used one of the Garmin Rhino GPS/Radios? I'm thinking of buying one but can't find a dealer in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I know I can buy it off the internet, but I typically want to actually see the more expensive electronics stuff before I buy it. So has anyone tried one of these? Or does anyone have a better solution. I'm looking for a GMRS radio or the other type of radio and a GPS. Currently I have a GPS that was designed for a Handspring Visor, but they don't update the maps to it anymore. So I'm looking for something to replace it.

Thanks,

MusicMan754 said:
Ok I gotta ask, Has anyone used one of the Garmin Rhino GPS/Radios? I'm thinking of buying one but can't find a dealer in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I know I can buy it off the internet, but I typically want to actually see the more expensive electronics stuff before I buy it. So has anyone tried one of these? Or does anyone have a better solution. I'm looking for a GMRS radio or the other type of radio and a GPS. Currently I have a GPS that was designed for a Handspring Visor, but they don't update the maps to it anymore. So I'm looking for something to replace it.

Thanks,

Have you checked REI? They had some Rino units in the Austin store last time I was looking at GPS's.

WoodButcher said:
Have you checked REI? They had some Rino units in the Austin store last time I was looking at GPS's.

I'm not familiar with REI. Will see if I can find one in the DFW area. Thanks for the tip.

There is an REI in north Dallas off of LBJ (I635) and just east of Midway on the north side (about 2 miles east of I35). Coming from the west, you have to exit Midway, follow the access road and loop back westbound at Welch.

However, if WalMart has it - those are closer (Cooper and Bardin)...

MusicMan754 said:
Ya know, I would'nt have thought Wal-Mart would have it. Target and Best Buy didn't. Thanks for the tip.

The Best Buy here in Houston had it, but I don't remember the price. Maybe the one by you just doesn't stock it? :scratch

Squeaky said:
The Best Buy here in Houston had it, but I don't remember the price. Maybe the one by you just doesn't stock it? :scratch

I had one of the guys there look it up and he could not find it. He appeard to be looking at their web-site though. And it also looked like the business part of the web-site. So he may not have really known what he was doing.

Not all of the Best Buy's in Houston are the same. Some of them have a bigger product line than others. The one by my house sucks, esp the music department. I have been there on more than one occasion for new cd's only to find out that they do not even stock the artist.

Skid

Back