• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Digital Tire gage comparison

Wasabi

Reaction score
For a while I had been looking for an inexpensive digital tire gage that would measure from 1 – 40 pounds. It had to be able to fit between the spokes and disc brakes in order to take a reading. After some disappointing searching I finally bought a gage from Pep Boys for 19.95. Later I found a very similar gage at Walgeens for 7.99. The difference is the Pep Boy version measures PSI, KPA and BAR , it’s larger and cost more.

I think the Walgreen model is better at half the price. It only measures PSI which makes it easier to use.

Some pics.

The Walgreen model
40118543-S.jpg

The red button is Pep Boys (Presure Inc) and the blue button is Walgreens (Custom)

40118553-S.jpg

40118548-S.jpg

40118559-S.jpg

40118560-S.jpg

Last edited:
I have a gage with a HUGE digital display. If you can find one with a large display, buy it. They are easier to read in bright sunlight.

John Bennett said:
I have a gage with a HUGE digital display. If you can find one with a large display, buy it. They are easier to read in bright sunlight.
Where did you get yours, Juan?
(been looking fer one, too)

According to a review I read, this is supposed to be the "cat's behind" in digital guages. Does Presta and Schraeder valves to boot.

Topeak SmartHead

Unfortuantely, I don't know where mine came from. I received it as a Christmas gift. All the markings are worn off.

I purchased from Wal-Mart one for my wife which has the small read-out like the one pictured above. I hate it.

I'm looking for another one with the larger display. I believe there is some giant Chinsese company making these tiny displays so cheaply that no other kind exist in the global market at this time.

Every digital gauge I've found on Google has this same tiny display.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=digital+tire+gage

Back