• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Autocom

Gilk51

Reaction score
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
This was posted on a V-Strom forum - sale on Autocom kits:

If you're looking for a great deal on a great intercom system for your
bike, we've got some news for you. As a stocking dealer for Autocom,
we're pleased to announce a 50% off retail price sale on all Autocom
System Kits.
This includes the Easy 7, Active-7 Smart Rider and the Pro-7. All
kits will be available with a rider headset or Rider and Passenger
Headsets as part of the sale.

Sale pricing is as follows:

Order Kit Description Regular SALE RIDER
Code Price PRICE SAVINGS
KIT1 Easi-7-Advance Rider $189.99 $94.99 $95.00
KIT1RP Easi-7-Advance Rider/Passenger 279.98 139.99 140.00
KIT3 Active-7-Smart Rider 299.99 149.99 150.00
KIT3RP Active-7-Smart Rider/Passenger 409.97 204.99 205.00
KIT6 Pro-7-Sport Rider 419.99 209.99 210.00
KIT6RP Pro-7-Sport Rider/Passenger 509.98 254.99 255.00
KIT21 PTT Bike-to-Bike Kit: Kenwood 199.99 149.99 50.00
KIT23 PTT Bike-to-Bike Kit: Motorola 199.99 149.99 50.00

ALL OTHER KITS, PARTS AND ACCESSORIES REMAIN AT THEIR REGULAR PRICES.
PLEASE NOTE: the special rider and passenger kits listed (KIT_RP) above will
ship as a base kit with the associated passenger components (additional
headset for Easi-7- Advance and Pro-7-Sport kits, and an additional headset
and straight headset extension lead for the Active-7-Sport) packaged
separately.

If you would like to know more about the kits, send us an e-mail.
Carson City, NV 89701
http://www.amotostuff.com
sales@amotostuff.com

Wow, those are great prices.

I bought a Pro-7-Sport system, with intercom, Kenwood 2-way, and music connector. I had technodreams of answering my cell, listening to music, and conversing with my better half as we enjoyed the hill country roads on the way to a B&B for the night.

Turned out Autocom didn't make a phone connector for my cheap old Nokia, the wife decided to never go pillion, and I don't ride that often with folks with compatible 2-way radios.

Sigh...Talk about lousy Bang for the Buck (my $10 ThrottleRocker wins the award for best BftB). :-(

uh, so your saying Autocom is lousy because you have a cheap phone, a wife that wont ride with you and your friends don't have radios with the same frequency as you.:shock:

He didnt say that... he said it was a waste of money for him.

:scratch oh, a waste of money because he has a cheap phone, a wife that wont ride with him and friends that don't have radios with the same frequency.

Come on fellas, lighten up.

I've been thinkin' 'bout buying a bike to bike system for me and my son.....so Autocom is a good bang for the buck. ( or only at half price? )

If he's not using it, then yeah, I'd say it was a waste of money for him. That's $200 he could have spent on something else for the bike.

That said, I absolutely love my Autocom, I use it for the intercom when Cass and I ride 2-up, plus I run my cell phone, V1, XM radio, CB, and soon to be Garmin 2730 through it. Works as intended.

Rocket_Cowboy said:
If he's not using it, then yeah, I'd say it was a waste of money for him. That's $200 he could have spent on something else for the bike.

Yup, for me, it just didn't work out. The other thing that didn't work out was the ear speakers. I fiddled a bunch with 'em, but couldn't hear squat (on the occasions I could use 'em) over 45 mph, what with my particular wind noise situation. :-| I solved that problem with an Autocom connector that lets me use my Etymotic ER-6s, but as mentioned, there's no real reason to use the whole system until I solve the phone connection problem, ride with FRS-equipped folks, and/or get a GPS. Until then, it's just wind/engine noise :bigokay: or the iPod straight in. :-P

I hear ya ... I have to use the same Autocom pigtail for connecting in my in-ear speakers (custom molded ear buds) rather than the helmet speakers. The helmet speakers just don't work for me unless I'm not wearing ear plugs, and then I can't hear anyway. The ear buds work great, are comfortable, and help save my hearing, so I couldn't be happier.

...so I couldn't be happier.

Unless you had even more farkles to attach... :nana

All hail Big Fark Daddy :hail :hail :hail

"farkles"

That reminds me of "Farkle", an old dice game I used to play back home in the sticks. You've gotta be real counrty to know that game..lol. I'm more of a "Washers" player anyway( did I say that?). You can take the boy outta the counrty but can't take the country outta the boy, even if he's a punk....geez I even have two sets of washer holes in my backyard. OK, I guess I have hillbilly roots. YeeHaw....and long live the Ramones.

Anybody have an Autocom for sale?

Tourmeister said:
All hail Big Fark Daddy :hail :hail :hail

Saw this on ST.N, R-C's got a ways to go to beat this guy:

farkle-cockpit.jpg

(Ya, I know it's fake, but I got a laugh out of it :-P )

I'm just short the kitchen sink and the big screen tv. I do like the beer tap on the left bar though ... that really comes in handy on long rides. :D

Think there is a prelaunch checklist to make sure everything is working before takeoff? :lol:

Back