TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Gone But Not Forgotten!

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 12-09-2003, 11:09 PM   #41
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Just an update of sorts

Howdy,

Kim made it out to the bike night last week at King's. I had a chance to speak with her for a bit. She's doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances. The autopsy was finally released. Conclusion? Death caused by multiple severe blunt trauma to the head. No kidding. I spoke with a doctor friend of mine about this. According to him, there is not much that would indicate something like a heart attack other than an actual dissection of the arteries of the heart to look for visible blockage. Considering that Mark was not the President or some other public bigwig, it is unlikely that such a detailed autopsy was performed. So in the end, the autopsy seems a little pointless.

However, in retrospect, Kim has reached the point where the autopsy results really don't mean a whole lot. Knowing exactly what happened to Mark won't bring him back. While she is obviously still grieving, she does seem to have reached a level of acceptance. I think that is a remarkable testament to her character given how long it can take for many people to reach the place of acceptance.

On another note, she has gone to file the paperwork to start a small claims suit against the towing company for their fraudulent behavior following the accident. The local judge is a witness for her so the case will have to be heard by a nonlocal judge. This should prove interesting to say the least.

There is no update yet regarding the life insurance issue. She is still waiting for a death certificate. Without it, nothing can be done :x The sooner she can get it and start the process of tying up loose ends, the sooner she can really start moving forward with her life. There have been a few issues with the contractors working on their house. She seems to have straightened out those morons. Given our own contractor issues, I can sympathize a small bit.

Andy is doing well. His Scout troop has been very supportive. He too made it to the last bike night. He must really think we are a bunch of goofy adults

That's about it for now. I'll post more later as I find out stuff.

Adios,

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Oct: $787.97 - Previous Month: $854.43 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:44 PM   #42
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Howdy,

Now that the holiday season is behind us and I got time off from work, we finally went down to Kim's last night and picked up Mark's VF1000R to bring back up to our house. KAWA_JM showed up and helped me get it out of her garage and onto the trailer. We've got it in our garage now. I hope to pull off the body work and give it a good going over to find out for sure what might be broken. The bodywork is pretty beat up. It is the old fiberglass style. A quick looking over seems to indicate that there really isn't anything mechanical that is broken. The bars and pegs look fine. The forks don't look twisted. Other than the bodywork, it looks like the main upper fairing stay is bent from the impact on the right side. Hopefully, it can be bent back out. I plan to pull the plugs and check the airbox for oil before we try to crank it up. Ideally, we can sell it whole. If not, then it may bring more money in to part it out. I'd hate to do that as I would rather see someone riding it and enjoying it, Kim feels the same way. We'll see.

Adios,

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Oct: $787.97 - Previous Month: $854.43 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 02-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #43
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Eggers Update

Howdy, this is a repost of Kim's update from 02/15/04:

Quote:
Hello Friends,

It is past time to update all of you of the events of Andy's and my life. First let me say thank you, for if it wasn't for many of you we'd have never made it thus far.

I should let all of you that don't know, Mark's life insurance did pay off entirely. I was more than pleased and even in disbelief when the phone call came in. I want to thank Diane Nelson at Principle Life for actually being human and caring and trying to understand what I was going through. I actually felt like I was talking to a human being rather than an insurance rep. At times when I would loose composure she was always there to try and understand and make things simpler. No matter how many questions I asked (which were numerous as you can imagine) she would answer them over and over again.

Though I am in love with the house that Mark and I were building, I felt it carried too many memories of what would never be. Moving Andy to a new school district when about to start junior highschool just didn't seem right either. Andy has had the same friends since second grade and I actually like the friends he has chosen so far. Can't say as I would if he had to start over. I also thought that he'd had enough loss in his life for now and that moving to a new school away from his already established friends would just be another loss for him. So we decided to purchase a home in a neighborhood that we actually already have friends living in. Andy is out riding his bike now with a friend, and I am feeling good about this. The construction on the other house is still taking place and should be just about done and ready to put up for sale in a month or so. I'm looking at spring to have that celebration for Mark, when the house is done and we can all enjoy what Mark worked so hard to acheive.

I want to extend a special thank you to some of you. Paul Yamarick and Paul Massie for coming out that Saturday and helping me move. That was no easy day. I owe you both for all the hard work you two put in. Paul Massie I want to thank you for being a friend, I know it's been hard but you gave me friendhip when I needed it most; even if the dancing lessons were a flop. Scott I want to thank you for taking on Mark's bike and being a friend to talk to. Beth, thank you for allowing Scott yet another bike in the garage and for also being a friend. Chris, thanks or taking on Andy's dirtbike, I am sure that is not going to be an easy job either. Thank Marilyn for me for allowing you to have yet another bike in your garage. Everyone that came out and made my birthday special that night at King's Cafe, thank you. Thanks for the flowers Debbie, it was very thoughtful. Yulia, thank you for offering to help if I needed when it came to the insurance claim; I'm glad it wasn't though. So many of you have given of yourselves to me in the last few months and I wanted to be sure that you all knew that I am greatly appreciative of all you have done. Andy and I are continuing on; some days easier than others but we are making it with the continued frienship we have found here amongst all of you and with our cub scout family.

There are many things in our lives that are changing and I am sure I have not mentioned everything here but if any of you want to know feel free to ask. I'd enjoy the conversation.

Enjoy the sunshine God has been so graciously to give us today.

Kim Eggers
Adios,

Quote:

Old 03-03-2004, 01:39 AM   #44
Anonymous

celebration

I'm just checking in to see if any plans have been made for
Marks's celebration. I just read Kim's recent letter so I'm glad I haven't missed it yet. I just hope that when it is scheduled, that someone would drop me a line or give me a ring so my family can attend.

Thanks,

Forest Smith
fws007@yahoo.com
281-288-0221
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:45 PM   #45
Chris-V65Magna-TX

TTT (to the top)

Anybody heard from Kim regarding a get-together this summer?

Just curious if anyone on this board sees Kim often enought to pass along any info. I would call in sick (cough, wheeze just to make it. I usually have to work weekends.

Also what's the latest on Marks VF1000F and the new owner?

Thx.
Chris-V65Magna-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:18 AM   #46
Mark's Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-V65Magna-TX
Anybody heard from Kim regarding a get-together this summer?

Just curious if anyone on this board sees Kim often enought to pass along any info. I would call in sick (cough, wheeze just to make it. I usually have to work weekends.

Also what's the latest on Marks VF1000F and the new owner?

Thx.
Hi Chris,

I still read the boards and I will plan something for this summer for sure. Still trying to get the house squared away at the moment.
Thanks for your inquiry and Mark's bike is coming along quite nicely, Mike is almost done with the mechanics of it, all that's really left is the fiberglass work.

Smiles
Old 05-22-2004, 02:30 AM   #47
Chris-V65Magna-TX

Good to hear from you Kim! Thanks for the update.
Are you still working at the same place in Conroe? Terri and I might bring Megan by so you can see her! She just turned 10 months and she's quite a firecracker!
Chris-V65Magna-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:10 AM   #48
Mark's Gal

Yes I am still working at the same place in Conroe and would love to see how beautiful Megan has grown. Drop by anytime.

Smiles,
Kim
Old 05-24-2004, 01:09 PM   #49
Pappa

anyone curios to see if Mark's bike still runs check out my webshots album.

i think this link will work

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...17964259eAYLlD

if not let me know

just click on the arrows at the top right and it will take you thru the pics.

a new fairing bracket and fairing will be needed,but i am still trying to fix what i have of the old ones.

I will be taking the bike to the ROT Rally in austin. So if anyone sees it there feel free to say hello.

Pappa
Old 05-24-2004, 05:34 PM   #50
Mark's Gal

Thanks for posting those Mike, it's coming along nicely. Mark would be happy.

Kim Eggers
Old 05-25-2004, 08:20 PM   #51
Anonymous

posting

no problem

Pappa
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:28 AM   #52
forest007

Just checking to see if a party has been scheduled to celebrate Mark's life. I still want to meet Kim and his friends.

Please drop me a line 'cause I don't check here very much!
fws007@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Forest Smith
281-288-0221
832-457-3273
forest007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 02:52 PM   #53
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Nov 5th will mark the one year anniversary of Mark's accident. I think I may ride out to the site and spend a bit just hanging out thinking about the whole riding thing, family, and what's really important. Anyone here have any decent woodworking or metalworking skills? I would like to place a marker on the site. Anyone that would like to join me is welcome, I'll figure out a time and post it here.

Adios,

Quote:

Old 10-25-2004, 03:37 PM   #54
Snoopster

Let me know if you need a donation for that. I'm sure Kim would appreciate the gesture. It's hard to believe that it has been a year. I think of him everytime I pass that spot. He is still deeply missed.
'04 Honda CRF 230F (sold)
'02 Suzuki SV 650S "Skyy" RIP (2005-2013)
Four Bikers and a Monkey
Utah Bound and...
Snoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:26 PM   #55
Fangs

The memory of that day really has not faded much for me like I thought it would. I still struggle with the thought of riding versus not riding.

I'll watch for your post Scott regarding meeting at the site as I would like to be there.
Fangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #56
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I think Beth and I will head out there this evening after I get off work. Probably won't get out there until 5:30-6:00pm. Although, since I am on call, that can all instantly go out the window

Quote:

Old 11-05-2004, 04:09 PM   #57
Fangs

Working tonight. I'll stop by the site another day.
Fangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #58
Pappa

Re: We have lost a good friend, Mark Eggers

It has taken a while ,alot of financial hardtimes have hit us BUT we are trudging thru. My complete restoration of MARK"s bike was not completed .
I have however made it into a nice looking and running street bike again.
I did the fiberglass work to the front fairing and took care of some motor issues and suspension issues.
I have tried to add a few pics of this bike as it sits now just waiting for me to get up enough money to get ins,plates,etcs (legal isssues)
The only thing missing is the doors on the lower faring , ( ijust forgot to put them in until after the pic was taken.
Through it all I have kept up my word NOT to sale the bike.

I can proudly say I have one heck of a ride.

One other thing to Mark's family.........HE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!

God Bless to all
Attached Thumbnails
000_0046 (2).jpg  
Old 08-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #59
Pappa

oh yea one other thing. Dont know if i mentioned it before but we no longer have the bike shop in Comfort tx. We now live in Spring Branch tx (near canyon lake) and now working on getting a shop that i currently work at in Canyon Lake tx
Old 08-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #60
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Awesome!! Good to hear from you Mike! I don't know if Kim still gets notices for replies to this thread, but we will let her know. It would be really cool if you guys could make it to one of our Pie Runs to meet everyone and show off the bike! Look in the TWT Sponsored Events forum for info on the Pie Run location and time. It is a great way to meet a lot of the TWT people and EAT!

Quote: