• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

O2 bypass altervative

gunzip

Reaction score
I found this on the max-zuk site and thought I would pass it along over here . A lot of people had trouble with FI codes still popping up and blown resistors after unplugging the O2 sensor and installing the resistor doo-hicky that was supposed to fool the ECU into thinking the heater in the sensor was still working.
There is a wire you snip in the small ecu plug that disables O2 sensor and i guess puts it in closed loop mode with no FI warnings. I haven't looked at it but here is a pic of the proper wire

Attachments

• img_0010.jpg
    img_0010.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 285
I found this on the max-zuk site and thought I would pass it along over here . A lot of people had trouble with FI codes still popping up and blown resistors after unplugging the O2 sensor and installing the resistor doo-hicky that was supposed to fool the ECU into thinking the heater in the sensor was still working.
There is a wire you snip in the small ecu plug that disables O2 sensor and i guess puts it in closed loop mode with no FI warnings. I haven't looked at it but here is a pic of the proper wire

I've done this mod, and so far so good after 1500 miles.

If you pull the small connctor off of the ECM and swing it up so that it's facing you, the wire you cut is the black/white stripped wire which is wire #23 as counted from the upper left hand wire, which is the 4th wire over from the right side on the lower row of wires on the connector.

You also need to remove your O2 sensor resistor. I clipped the wire back about 3" from the connector and sealed each end of the wires with liquid vinyl tap in case I every need to be able to connect it back up.

http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php?topic=83958.msg950623#msg950623

After getting the scoop on this I too tried it out and low and behold no more FI error flashing at me on the gauge. This used to irritate the heck out of me and the resistor from both Dobeck and Dynajet sure didn't alleviate it. Now I can glance at the speedo and estimate my true (un)legal speed much more easily! So far I haven't bothered to remove the resistor or O2 sensor thinking there was no harm in it.

I think this wire clip method is what Heal-Tech Fi Tuner Pro installation instructions indicate to do to bypass the O2 sensor 'w no Fi warning light coming on. At least this is what the good folks at Heal-tech indicated.

My Fi Tuner is "in transit" and I will post my findings when it arrives and I get it installed.

Now, if clipping this wire, tells the ECU to ignore O2 sensor data 'w no Fi light, why would someone have to remove the o2 bypass kit if its already installed?

Also, if removing the O2 sensor itself, can a regular bolt be used to plug up the hole in the header? or is the o2 sensor an odd size/thread type?

EF

I recently did this mod as well. So far it seems to work perfectly.
I didn't clip the wire though. It's pretty easy to remove the connector from the factory plug in such a way that is can just be replaced if necessary.
I used the "needle" from a circle compass. Just poke it in the right spot, and the connector slides right out. This works on several factory plugs BTW like the turn signal plugs for example.

Once I pulled the wire, I put a little heat shrink on it, and tucked it away. Out of sight out of mind, but there if I want to go back :trust:

Back