TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Gone But Not Forgotten!

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
greeneggs&ham

So Long Wendy!

Most of the people on this site may not know Wendy Wendrock of San Antonio, who passed away on 11/12/11. I know of him thru our years of helping with the Sidewinder Enduro. We was one of the early Texas enduro riders, from the 60's thru the 80's. He and his brother and Charlie Greer started the Sidewinder Enduro. He built his bikes, he didn't go out and buy them. Last time I saw him on a bike, which would have been the early 90's, he showed up at Sidewinder on a Honda framed, Suzuki 4 stroke motored and forks from "some british bike". He was a tough old bird, and he always had a smile on his face. In the last few years he has been driving in old car rallys in his late '50's Dodge Truck. A beautiful old truck that he rebuild himself, and drove in timed rally events.

I am not sure what made me go over to the TSCEC site this A.M. Nor what made me click on the "Major Loss to our Sport" title, but I did, and I guess he will be on my mind now for some time. I am happy that I had a few moments with him. Sam

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. - Hilary Cooper

Last edited by greeneggs&ham; 12-16-2011 at 11:01 AM.
greeneggs&ham is offline   Reply With Quote