• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Draggin Jeans - Knee Armor

jbh

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Henderson
:ponder: Does anyone use the draggin jeans with the knox armor? I have had my draggin jeans for about a month that I like a lot. I decided to buy the knox armor and tried it out today. I have the regular cut draggin jeans and with the knox armor it is a little tight on the back of my knee. Also the pads are very stiff and not comfortable to walk around it. Does it get any better?

Also has anyone used anything else for knee protection with draggin jeans other than the knox armor? I also have 2 firstgear jackets and they use the foam type armor (not CE approved and not as good). This armor is very flexible and while it is not as good as the knox armor it seems it would fit better. Maybe I could cut a piece and velcro it onto the inside of the knees, just like the knox attaches.

I am open for ideas because I do not think I like the knox armor. I know I should just buy a pair of riding pants but I like the jeans for now. Maybe later I will buy a pair of riding pants.

I've found the armor is a little tight, too. Be okay for me except when I get on the bike they're really tight and after while bug me pretty bad. I just quit wearing the armor. I do have some MX shin/knee armor, sorta looks like those catchers shin armor. Has elastic at the back. Looks a bit dumb over the jeans, though, and so far I've only used 'em for off road.

Jack Giesecke said:
I've found the armor is a little tight, too. Be okay for me except when I get on the bike they're really tight and after while bug me pretty bad. I just quit wearing the armor. I do have some MX shin/knee armor, sorta looks like those catchers shin armor. Has elastic at the back. Looks a bit dumb over the jeans, though, and so far I've only used 'em for off road.

I've got something like that, too, but it fit fine UNDER the jeans.

I am thinking of using the temperfoam in my firstgear jackets for the knee protecion. The elbow and shoulder pads are the same as the knee pads. I can attach the pads with stick on velcro. What do you think? I can buy this armor for $10.00

Another guy on a VFR forum used the aroestich ts2 (?) knee armor. He had a tailer open up the kelvar patch on the knees and replace the seam with velcro so he can slide the pads into the pocket.

Back